Frank Lampard

DavidEU

The commentator on my stream picked up on his experience at the end, deciding to take the corner instead of going for goal, a decision that effectively ended the match.

Yes i know the chances of Sunderland counter attacking in 30 seconds and equalizing was unlikely, but you need maturity and experience like that in a long season.

Brilliant pedormance as a AM? Yes.

Terrible as a DM. The team was vulnerable for most part of the match, and almost conceded a 4th in last minutes.

The problem with him is that Mourinho wants to play him, even as a DM, but he just doesnt understand the rule yet.

You clearly didn't watch the match because we weren't vulnerable 'for most part of the match' and when we almost conceded at the end we had Mikel and Rami sitting a bit deeper than Frank so I'm not sure how you could really blame him alone for that.

The fact is that there's a couple of classless individuals who berate a couple of players relentlessly, and they aren't man enough to admit when these players have a good game. There always has to be a caveat, however preposterous.

Absolutely. Chelsea were not vulnerable defensively. We conceded 3 goals on 3 shots on target and all were on ping-ponging balls off of set pieces. How is Lampard to blame for that? Other than that, we were solid defensively and Lampard was fine defensively. I find it amusing when people can't even admit a player's quality when he has such an obviously great game.

You clearly didn't watch the match because we weren't vulnerable 'for most part of the match' and when we almost conceded at the end we had Mikel and Rami sitting a bit deeper than Frank so I'm not sure how you could really blame him alone for that.

The fact is that there's a couple of classless individuals who berate a couple of players relentlessly, and they aren't man enough to admit when these players have a good game. There always has to be a caveat, however preposterous.

I never said Lampard was to blame for that. The defensive system conceded 3 goals, and Lampard was part of this.

You just have to relax, and be cool. You are in this topic to praise Lampard even when he had abysmal matches. Some individuals forget the bad things after a win, and forget the bad aspects of the game when a player score a goal or give an assist. Sunderland barely had the possesion, but when they tried to scored they came really close or scored (3).

So relax mate, I was not blaming Lampard alone for that 4th goal that never came, I was only pointing to the fact that a DM midfielder needs more than helping the team scoring goals or giving assists. DM is the most complex role in football. Take Mikel as an example, he can destroy, but he barely can give a pass longer than 2m. Lampard still needs to improve in some aspects

Lampard is one of my favourite players and deserve respect, he is a great footballer, so you overeaction is 100% unecessary. :tophat:

Brilliant pedormance as a AM? Yes.

Terrible as a DM. The team was vulnerable for most part of the match, and almost conceded a 4th in last minutes.

The problem with him is that Mourinho wants to play him, even as a DM, but he just doesnt understand the rule yet.

I think, Henrique, our major problem is we don't have any alternative but to play him, which affects his performance as he can't possibly play at 100% every game. He's 35, now!

I think, Henrique, our major problem is we don't have any alternative but to play him, which affects his performance as he can't possibly play at 100% every game. He's 35, now!

You may be right, perhaps after all pros and cons he is still a batter option than Mikel.