Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Uhhm. I'm pretty certain Oscar won us the game. It was his hard work that won the penalty for Frank, and his goal that essentially sealed the game off.

Frank was definitely one of the better players out there but you're overstating and exaggerating on how well he performed.

Not really but people don't see Frank's positive influences unless he scores which is part of the problem with the way people evaluate him.

Let's see:

Goals, Lampard 2, Oscar 1

Penalties won Oscar 1, Lampard 0

Passing - Lampard 85%-Oscar 71%,

Key Passes-Lampard 4, Oscar-3

Crosses-Lampard 33%, Oscar 0%

Long balls-Lampard 3/3, Oscar 1/1

Tackles-Oscar 7, Lampard 3,

Fouls-Oscar 3, Lampard 0

Interceptions-Lampard 1, Oscar, 0

Dribbles-Lampard 1, Oscar, 0

Clearances- Lampard 4, Oscar 1

Dispossessed and turnovers- Oscar 4-, Lampard 0

Statistically, Lampard had a much better game and in reality yes, he was excellent. Both whoscored and Sqwaka gave Lampard easily MOTM and he would have had so even without his second goal. You also act as if Oscar created things by himself as if Hazard's beautiful flick didn't sent him alone on net. (Lampard's pass set that up BTW) . Oscar is also a fine pick for MOTM, he was great, but I'm sick of people always downplaying Lampard's play. (For Lampard, great games become good games, good games become mediocre games, and mediocre games become awful games)

Statistically, Lampard had a much better game and in reality yes, he was excellent. Both whoscored and Sqwaka gave Lampard easily MOTM and he would have had so even without his second goal. You also act as if Oscar created things by himself as if Hazard's beautiful flick didn't sent him alone on net. (Lampard's pass set that up BTW) . Oscar is also a fine pick for MOTM, he was great, but I'm sick of people always downplaying Lampard's play. (For Lampard, great games become good games, good games become mediocre games, and mediocre games become awful games)

I'm just as sick of people exaggerating Lampard's play. Yes, he's still a great midfielder but he clearly isn't suited for a deeper role.

I'm just as sick of people exaggerating Lampard's play. Yes, he's still a great midfielder but he clearly isn't suited for a deeper role.

Almost nobody exaggerates his play positively. His play has been much better than his general perception on here. (He has everything going against him in terms of how people generally overrate and underrate players. He's older, he's been at Chelsea for a while, and he isn't particularly flashy or fast). If you look at his ratings. Sqwuaka has him MOTM 3 times and the worst player 0 times. Compare that to his perception on here and he is being severely underrated. (Just some examples-Lampard leads all Chelsea midfielders (attacking and central) with 3 defensive actions per game, leads in length of average pass, performance score, is second to Hazard in chances created, second to Hazard in shot accuracy, 3rd to Hazard and Oscar in goals, first in assists, first in successful crosses, has blocked more shots than any other midfielder, is second to Ramires in interceptions, has turned the ball over less than any midfielder other than Mikel, and has 2.2 tackles to 0.8 fouls a game which makes him 3rd in the midfield in tackles and 1st in tackle to foul ratio.) He hasn't been fantastic, but he's been pretty good overall but it doesn't matter. People still call him atrocious. People exaggerate his mistakes and ignore his positives (and it is only when he scores that people are forced to acknowledge he does something positive). In fact, in the middle of his excellent game yesterday, someone out of nowhere wrote something like "Lampard is useless defensively" and this is pretty typical of the way people look for the bad in his game and ignore the good.

As for not being suited for a deeper role, no it's not ideal, but he also has some very good games from that position and the real issue is that we have nobody more suited for the role as none of our other central midfielders can move the ball like Lampard can.

You are dead right about Lampard people expect goals and he delivers when played further forward,but he is a ten times better pivot than Slobi who just slows us down that first goal v West Ham was a great example ,Lampards early ball into Hazard and the flick into Oscar for the goal it only counts as one pass completed on whoscored.com but it is a first time forward pass from the pivot not a slow sideways /backwards effort allowing West Ham to regroup .

A 9.6 score on the forum bible whoscored.com is no exageration. Pure class at West Ham and our standout player even without the goals ,made a 50 yard sprint in the last 5 minutes to make a tackle when 3-0 up ,kids need to watch that and learn.

No I am not ,maybe Match of the Day were as well ,who was man of the match?

Unlucky you were proven wrong ,time to hold your hands up .

Match of the day pundits are stupid cunts along with sky sports pundits, you are not going to take them seriously are you right? Oscar was blatantly MOTM by a mile.

Anyway Lampard when he doesn't have as many defensive responsibilities makes it easier for him to play, Mikel playing gave him and Ramires the platform to push on and get into the areas they prefer to play, as well as allowing Branna and Azpi to get higher up the pitch. I'm not exactly sure if Ramires was playing right wing or as a central midfielder but he seemed to tuck in at times and we looked like we were playing a 4-3-3 at times and Lamps also looked to be playing behind the striker at times with Rami - Mikel sitting. Interesting as it worked but its still something when you look at the squad we have I'm not so sure if we will see every weke.

What did the forum learn on Saturday - form is temporary ,class is permanent ,the shirt was always his, once the special one came back ,the new contract will be announced soon, watch this space.............................................................and the more forward role should still be his ,how many more goals would we have scored this season especially away from home where we have struggled, with him in his normal role?

Fucking hell. For the first time I've watched a game and not understood what the fuck a player was trying to do. Tired and cranky, so apologies, but the fuck Frank? I couldn't come up with a depressing adjective to describe that performance.