Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Dear Frank

We feel your pain. How dare they offer £29million for four years’ work in a job you profess to love?

It’s an insult. A slight on your professionalism, a blight on the badge you kiss so theatrically, so often.

So what if a nurse would have to work for 324 years to earn your annual salary?

Who really cares that it would take a junior fireman 339 years to make what you do in a year?

We certainly won’t waste our sympathy on the Prime Minister, who is paid 39 times less than you.

Far better, surely, to listen to FIFA president Sepp Blah-Blah and his chums in la-la land. They seethe with righteous indignation on your behalf.

And yet, Frank, something bothers us.

Advertisement

The quiet voice of our conscience wonders whether your search for a five-year deal “to secure my future” might be entirely wise. Has Cashley Cole put you up to this? After all, he needs someone to take over from him as public enemy number one.

Let’s be clear. You’re not making a football decision here. This is about how you will be perceived for the rest of your life.

By taking Inter Milan’s money – and camouflaging your self-interest by shifting the blame on to the Chelsea board – you are in danger of being the boy who tipped the beautiful game over the edge.

Prepare to be booed, if and when you play for England. Prepare to go through the Jade Goody experience.

You’ll be derided as fat, fickle, and fairly loathsome.

Is that fair? Of course not. But that is the warped world in which you will have to live.

In case you haven’t noticed, Frank, our economy is in meltdown. The people who pay to watch you are dealing with soaring supermarket bills, unsustainable mortgages, cars which drink money.

They resent someone who appears uncaring, self-obsessed.

You come from a family with strong values. Your Dad was the epitome of one-club loyalty. Your late Mum was renowned for her kindness and empathy. You owe it to them, and yourself, not to come across as a cliche-spouting, T-shirt-wearing hypocrite.

We understand that football – even though it encourages agents who possess the instincts of sewer rats – doesn’t have the monopoly on greed.

A friend works with a City hedge fund manager who walked out last week, days after topping up his £15m salary with a £10m bonus.

The word on the trading floor is that his new employers lured him with a golden hello of another £10m.

But loyalty is not for losers. A move to Inter Milan is not without its pitfalls, as Dennis Bergkamp testifies elsewhere in these pages.

If I’m honest, I think the die is cast. You’ll soon be reunited with Jose Mourinho. You’ll be making a big mistake.

Don’t break the bank, Frank. Count your blessings, not your cash. Give thanks, and enjoy the privilege of possessing an enviable talent.

Yours sincerely,

Mike

Got to love the opening line

Frank Lampard's future at Chelsea looks less certain after reports emanating from Italy claim that Inter Milan are preparing to offer Chelsea a part-exchange deal of £12million (€15million) plus Brazilian striker Adriano.

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/inte...ia-5512040.html

dont want Adriano at Chelsea, was good at one time, pile o' bollox now. and over weight. sorry don't like him, but if we get him in exchange, its a shitty deal for CFC, but, maybe he could prove me wrong?

Sure we'll soon see what happens with this rumour.

don't fancy it myself.

It would be interesting to hear what Fat Frank himself has to say -he owes the fans that at least.

All we hear is what the parasite agent Steve Kunter has to say. ie crap that his client wants to stay and end his career with Chelsea. OK call his bluff and give him 5 years.

The thing is, players are strictly told not to ask for a transfer as it costs them and their agents millions.

The amount the club have wasted on others is unbelievable -eg Avram ''I'm just a Fat fraudster'' Grant given , and paid, a four year contract, when every one knew he'd last months at best.

At least with Lampard we know that the club will get 2-3 top seasons and possibly 60 goals with silverware....

wonder if phil can get all the off form striker like sheva ronnie and adriano play well at the same time

too much world class in Chelsea for those rejects to find their form

Edited by kbchel

• 2 weeks later...
Well if Lamps really does want to leave then i would certainly take £12m plus Adriano! But only if Frank really wants to leave, Adriano can still be a amazing player, recaptured his form on loan in Brazil.

Looks like hes staying now;

Jose Mourinho appeared last night to have given up on his summer-long quest to land Frank Lampard.

The former Chelsea boss declared the England midfielder wanted to stay at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho had looked set to sign Lampard after his contract dispute with the Blues lurched into open warfare.

Inter had two bids rejected by Chelsea, who were willing to risk Lampard walking out for nothing next June at the end of his current deal rather than cashing in this summer.

But with suggestions that the Blues are willing to relent and offer Lampard the five-year deal he has demanded, after he rejected the £140,000 per week four-year terms that were on offer, Mourinho gave the clearest signal yet that he has finally discounted the midfielder from his plans.

Daily Mirror

Now they've Muntari as well. So it looks like 2008-9 season will start with Lampard, Drogba SWP ...and Pizarro.

Ben Haim supposed to sign for Citeh this week though. Thank fuck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted on: Tue 07 Oct 2008Frank Lampard's outstanding form at club level will be of huge benefit to his country should he continue it into the international double header.

Speaking at England's press conference today (Tuesday), the player has been discussing his endeavour to improve every year, and how playing for the Blues this season has been honing his talents.

'I feel like I am playing very good football, up there with some of the best I have played,' Lampard acknowledged, 'I don't know if I am up a level but hopefully I am.

'I always try to improve, year in, year out. And I am very focussed coming into this season, on a Chelsea front and an England front.

'I am very fortunate to play in a team like Chelsea that move the ball around so quickly and make it very easy and comfortable for you to be moving the ball around yourself.'

After an impressive performance last time out against Croatia, it's hard to imagine our vice-captain not being selected for Saturday's fixture against Kazakhstan. With Liverpool's Steven Gerrard now fit again, the inevitable question on the two playing together was forthcoming.

'I think all the partnerships all over the pitch are important,' began Lampard's answer.

'Me and Steve want to play, whether included to play together, one without the other or whatever, we want to do our best for England.

'But we would both probably hold our hands up and say for the last couple of years we haven't done that, so everyone is trying to find a solution.

'But it is not just me and Steven Gerrard, it is the whole team. Croatia was a start and now we look forward to getting even better.

'There are times with any partnership when it works on the pitch and when it doesn't work.

'But we are concentrating on trying to get results and not trying to find issues with certain players.

'Me and Steven get on well off the pitch and on the pitch, but we want to improve.

'People expect Steven and myself to play at the same level as we do for our clubs, that is not necessarily going to happen, but we want England to win.'