Kenneth Omeruo

Zola kinda blue

Oscar

I knew I was forgetting someone from the Brazilian team! :lol:

So this means that Omeruo heads back on loan? I guess it makes sense since Jose confirmed that Kalas would stay. I just feel a bit sad for the boy because his participation with his NT in the confeds ruined his shot with the first team..

So this means that Omeruo heads back on loan? I guess it makes sense since Jose confirmed that Kalas would stay. I just feel a bit sad for the boy because his participation with his NT in the confeds ruined his shot with the first team..

Maybe he will be loaned out but think it's premature to think that just because he hasn't mentioned him.

Well he isn't really coming back from the confederations cup. Didn't he get injured before the competition finished?

Yes but he said that he opted against doing a surgery to his shoulder so he could join the team in preseason:

Has opted not to undergo surgery on his shoulder to be able to play in preseason.

"I want to be part of the pre-season with Chelsea, and I hope that I can do well enough to stay there and not go out on loan again."

http://www.kickoff.com/news/35324/nigeria-defender-kenneth-omeruo-has-opted-to-forgo-surgery-to-take-part-in-chelseas-pre-season

Love his attitude.

How come you could forgot about Oscar? :lol:

Anyway, I expected Omeruo to be part of the squad this season, but seems he will get another loan.

From all the Jose interviews, Omeruo wasn't mentioned once. Second part of Jose's website interview is due today and he may get a mention, but I think it's safe to say Omeruo will be loaned out again.

I seriously believe that Ake is way ahead of him, so with 19yo isn't a big issue to go back on loan.

I seriously believe that Ake is way ahead of him, so with 19yo isn't a big issue to go back on loan.

I disagree. Ake is a brilliant prospect but Omeruo is a little older who has already experienced a full season of proper competitive football which Ake has not. Omeruo was also part of the Nigerian side that won the ACN and featured in the confed cup. Ake has barely had first team football and I think we see his true potential at us in the DM slot. Ake is more or less definitely going on loan to Vitesse anyway but for CB right now if you were to ask me who is better I would say Omeruo as he has been exposed to more first team football (and impressed) than Ake.

• 3 weeks later...