Kenneth Omeruo

Zola kinda blue

Nice to see him have another good performance. Although he usually performs well for Nigeria this is probably the best team he's played, at least in a non-friendly.

Haven't seen him at RB but I do like the idea of him as a CB - he provides a contrast to the likes of Kalas, Aké(who's not really seen as a CB anymore anyway), and Christensen who are less physical.

Is he eligible to play for us the next season with the work permit and so on? He should take part of 75% of national duties for 2 years i think that is the rule...? Should we wait another season to see him as chelsea player?

Almost certainly not, but we could apply under the 'special talent' label and he would probably qualify.

so after seeing one game of this guy, all people thinking that he is ready and good enough? hopefully the scouts in our club work a different way tbh.

No one is making him a starter, but there is considerable potential there to work with to make him ready and good enough.

so after seeing one game of this guy, all people thinking that he is ready and good enough? hopefully the scouts in our club work a different way tbh.

No, it's not just one game. I believe he was voted Player of the Season at ADO Den Haag, which is not something a loanee usually gets so he must have been very good. I admit I haven't seen much from him while on loan but during the AFCON earlier this year and now in the Confederations Cup he has been very good and I've heard many good things from those who watched him in the Eredivisie.

He may not be ready to be a first team regular immediately but for a 19-year-old lad his CV is impressive. He's versatile, being able to play both CB and RB naturally so with Ferreira gone and Terry on the decline we could use a player like Omeruo as early as next season. Why should we splash the cash on a new defender when we have this guy on our ranks already? With Raphael Varane at Real Madrid Mourinho clearly showed he's not afraid to give an inexperienced young lad a chance if he's good enough and they haven't looked back since. If Omeruo impresses Jose on pre-season, who's to say he won't surprise us all and take an important role in the squad? At the moment I'd say he's more ready than the any of the other youngsters in our squad apart from the Belgians.

No, it's not just one game. I believe he was voted Player of the Season at ADO Den Haag, which is not something a loanee usually gets so he must have been very good. I admit I haven't seen much from him while on loan but during the AFCON earlier this year and now in the Confederations Cup he has been very good and I've heard many good things from those who watched him in the Eredivisie.

He may not be ready to be a first team regular immediately but for a 19-year-old lad his CV is impressive. He's versatile, being able to play both CB and RB naturally so with Ferreira gone and Terry on the decline we could use a player like Omeruo as early as next season. Why should we splash the cash on a new defender when we have this guy on our ranks already? With Raphael Varane at Real Madrid Mourinho clearly showed he's not afraid to give an inexperienced young lad a chance if he's good enough and they haven't looked back since. If Omeruo impresses Jose on pre-season, who's to say he won't surprise us all and take an important role in the squad? At the moment I'd say he's more ready than the any of the other youngsters in our squad apart from the Belgians.

i didnt say anything against him. he looks realy good. but people are often just to fast to judge somebody after 1 game.

do you think he is more ready than kalas is? kalas seems to me more mature tbh. but i didnt really seen much from both so cant really make a statement about this.

I feel like he doesn't impose himself enough. Well not consistently anyway. I watched him a bit last season for his club and there were times when he looked timid, then other games he looked like the great wall of China. He needs to be a constant rock in defence; not a rock one day then a sponge the next.

He's certainly better than other youngsters we've had in this position though. Better than Bruma, Manc, etc.

i didnt say anything against him. he looks realy good. but people are often just to fast to judge somebody after 1 game.

do you think he is more ready than kalas is? kalas seems to me more mature tbh. but i didnt really seen much from both so cant really make a statement about this.

Yes, I think he's more ready than Kalas but Thomas has been good too and one of them deserves a chance next season. Maybe Mourinho should take both of them with the team on pre-season and based on their performances there give one of them a place in the squad and loan the other one to some decent Premier League club.

I feel like he doesn't impose himself enough. Well not consistently anyway. I watched him a bit last season for his club and there were times when he looked timid, then other games he looked like the great wall of China. He needs to be a constant rock in defence; not a rock one day then a sponge the next.

He's certainly better than other youngsters we've had in this position though. Better than Bruma, Manc, etc.

Hmm, seems like something like that can be fixed if he plays with better teammates and alongside a vocal leader you'd think. So nothing too disheartening there.

Well he is only 19. Consistency will come with age, and like Bir said, with better players around him too.

Great, great performance against the likes of Forlan, Cavani and Suarez no less! Too bad he was Nigeria's only decent defender.

His CB partner was not bad also, i can't remember Suarez getting the better of either of them like he normally does to PL defenders. Their problem is the fullbacks, the LB is pretty average and Ambrose is just slightly better than Bosingwa.

Has opted not to undergo surgery on his shoulder to be able to play in preseason.

"I want to be part of the pre-season with Chelsea, and I hope that I can do well enough to stay there and not go out on loan again."

http://www.kickoff.com/news/35324/nigeria-defender-kenneth-omeruo-has-opted-to-forgo-surgery-to-take-part-in-chelseas-pre-season

Love his attitude.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any clue if he will be joining the first team in the preseason tour?

EDIT: In this interview Jose says he still has six players who haven't joined, so counting Mata, Torres, Azpi, Mikel and Luiz it means that Kenneth is indeed joining us in preseason. Or am I forgetting anyone?

Anyone got any clue if he will be joining the first team in the preseason tour?

EDIT: In this interview Jose says he still has six players who haven't joined, so counting Mata, Torres, Azpi, Mikel and Luiz it means that Kenneth is indeed joining us in preseason. Or am I forgetting anyone?

Oscar