Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub


Hamilton
 Share
Followers 11

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 28.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool and Dortmund have reached an agreement over the transfer of Reus. They've agreed it's never going to happen. [emoji23]

It reminds me the day when we signed Hector and Djilobodji on the same day.

David Moyes is that ugly bloke at the nightclub who gets to 2am and just tries chatting up every girl. Take a hint dude - no-one likes you.

Posted Images

What you guys think of Stefan de Vrij?

According to transfermarket his contract expire summer of 2018. 

Another guy with also the same predicament is Faouzi Ghoulam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fernando said:

What you guys think of Stefan de Vrij?

According to transfermarket his contract expire summer of 2018. 

Another guy with also the same predicament is Faouzi Ghoulam.

 

Missed 600 match days in last 5 years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2016 at 9:26 AM, Blue Colored Sky said:

I'm thinking about that January window and man it's tough.

Our squad is so thin now that we need players asap but you don't want to overcommit now and have tied hands in the summer. 

I always say that our biggest gap is our right-forward side. When we desperately lack in quality. Now we lack in bodies. 3 players for half a season? City have Navas, KDB, Sterling, Silva, Sane, Nolito, Gabriel Jesus. 7 players. Not to mention that Willian is absolutely hopeless at the moment even by his standards. Leaving us with Hazard and Pedro.

Yet if we can't get James in January then what? I don't want average dude who come cheap. We can wait till the summer and go all out on Griezmann (if Atletico ban is lifted) and Alexis Sanchez (baby) but what with this season? It would be biggest robbery if we steal the title from City with that forward line comparing to them.

LWB. We don't have anyone else. I doubt Kenedy will be around. I'd love if we buy Sidibe from Monaco. Guy can play on either side so we would have cover for right-side as well, which we also don't have BTW. 

Absolutely wasteful would be buying another centre-back. 

My option: Kessie + Sidibe + Musonda staying. 

Or James + Kessie/Badelj (cheap) and bring back Baba lastly Kenedy if he figures out his professional commitment. 

 

 

On bringing Baba back i agree with you. Alonso compared to Baba, the latter seems a better fit for a LWB. Baba seems faster than Alonso so he is able to track back as quickly as possible and also good at deliverying good crosses into the 18. So if no one is willing to sell i suggest we call him back till the seasons over

. Now for Kessie he is good but we have too much young talent(out on loan) and it might cost us some experience levels as a team so for now we should be looking at a Vidal or Nainggolan type of player. I personnally would prefer a Nainggolan and Kante midfield partnerdhip. DAMN that will be the best ball winning midfield in all of europe. 

On Musonda he should stay. Can help in our FA cup matches.

This coming summer chelsea must go all out on Griezmann. Then we can boast of one of the best attackers in Europe like MSN and BBC (on for the future)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Antonio Conte is hoping to add new faces to his Chelsea squad in January but insists the club will only buy if the right players become available.

Conte explained: "In January it is always difficult to buy great players because the other teams don't want to sell. To buy only to buy, I don't like.

"Not closer, but we have some ideas about this. We are working around these ideas."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2017 at 0:00 PM, Unionjack said:

Its a old report from back in April reposted and I didm't know where else to post it. Worth a read tho.

Where Did All The World-Class English Centre-Backs Go?

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/where-did-all-the-world-class-english-centre-backs-go

Interesting reading mate 👍 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

IF Conte wants to go 3-5-2 next season or any season with 2 strikers...or just getting another striker in.

Who do you guys think/hope we get? I fear that Griezmann as a possible target being pretty much ManUtd bound if you ask me. Not many other good, free options...

 

And yes, in a 3-4-3/3-5-2 system, Baba should get a chance. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

IF Conte wants to go 3-5-2 next season or any season with 2 strikers...or just getting another striker in.

Who do you guys think/hope we get? 

Andrea Belotti I would go for 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2017 at 1:00 PM, Unionjack said:

Its a old report from back in April reposted and I didm't know where else to post it. Worth a read tho.

Where Did All The World-Class English Centre-Backs Go?

http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/where-did-all-the-world-class-english-centre-backs-go

Well its not just the defenders. Its midfielders too. 

Only Spurs have decent amount of good english players in Kane, Alli and Rose. Maybe you can stick Dier and Sterling to that mix, but thats about it. However none comes close to Terry, Ferdinand, Lamps, Gerrard or 2004 Rooney. Not speaking of english nt, but in terms of individual quality, england wasnt so shit in long time. Sadly even clubs like West Ham, Soton will stop producing english players because its cheaper and quicker to just buy foreigners.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

IF Conte wants to go 3-5-2 next season or any season with 2 strikers...or just getting another striker in.

Who do you guys think/hope we get? I fear that Griezmann as a possible target being pretty much ManUtd bound if you ask me. Not many other good, free options...

 

And yes, in a 3-4-3/3-5-2 system, Baba should get a chance. 

I woulda thunk that MOST peeps would say put Eden there  but Id do all I could rifgt npw to get Sanchez. Even then if we stayed 3 4 3  it would make the best front line in the league. But it would be the best one that we could get and not just one to play 2nd striker.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like this guy on Twitter, 25k followers and a nice guy to follow overall, but just doesn't seem to understand how the whole transfer thing works. Claims all big names are available in january. Yeah right. "Suarez was available to Liverpool some years ago" he told me. Mate Suarez came from Ajax who are a small European club nowadays who sell against any price.

 

This sounds familiar no? These people on Twitter raging against the club for not trying to sign uh let's see Griezmann or James (who I don't even want at Chelsea) or what the fuck, why don't we try to bring Lionel fucking Messi to the Premier League! But also some users here at this forum with this bullshit that we are going to miss out on the title for not trying to ge these big names in. You are making me Tired with yes, a capital T. Still remember this Ruud Gullit Dutch guy on TalkChelsea doing the same. Embarrassing. 

Please don't be like this Carefreedaily guy. Have some patience and some common sense. This isn't FIFA. Thank you. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Like this guy on Twitter, 25k followers and a nice guy to follow overall, but just doesn't seem to understand how the whole transfer thing works. Claims all big names are available in january. Yeah right. "Suarez was available to Liverpool some years ago" he told me. Mate Suarez came from Ajax who are a small European club nowadays who sell against any price.

 

This sounds familiar no? These people on Twitter raging against the club for not trying to sign uh let's see Griezmann or James (who I don't even want at Chelsea) or what the fuck, why don't we try to bring Lionel fucking Messi to the Premier League! But also some users here at this forum with this bullshit that we are going to miss out on the title for not trying to ge these big names in. You are making me Tired with yes, a capital T. Still remember this Ruud Gullit Dutch guy on TalkChelsea doing the same. Embarrassing. 

Please don't be like this Carefreedaily guy. Have some patience and some common sense. This isn't FIFA. Thank you. 

I dont think its embarrassing for a teams supporters to want the best for their team I dont think and pretty sure most of us realise its not Chelsea in FIFA (unless its very late and theyre stoned) but I for one just want us to set our sights as high as we possibly can.

We have never had a magnetic pull for players to join us so that makes it even harder for us to get any of the top players whether we wanted them or not. And as we have seen barring the odd N'Golo our transfer windows havent been over exciting since Cescy and Diego came to us.

Dont you get fed up of these hasbeens,wannabes and never will bes we are continually linked with or buy to get left rusting away in some far flung country?

I dont think any of us expect a team of world class everyone knows my name players, but the odd one now and then would go down a treat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Its not embarrassing for a teams supporters to want the best for their team I dont think and pretty sure most of us realise its not Chelsea in FIFA (unless its very late and theyre stoned) but I for one just want us to set our sights as high as we possibly can.

We have never had a magnetic pull for players to join us so that makes it even harder for us to get any of the top players whether we wanted them or not. And as we have seen barring the odd N'Golo our transfer windows havent been over exciting since Cescy and Diego came to us.

Dont you get fed up of these hasbeens,wannabes and never will bes we are continually linked with or buy to get left rusting away in some far flung country?

I dont think any of us expect a team of world class everyone knows my name players, but the odd one now and then would go down a treat.

Yes but you can rage what you want about it here on this forum, or tweet about it like that guy constantly does: it won't change anything. Conte isn't a user here, Roman isn't and so on. This is the winter transfer window my man. That's a total different window than the summer one is. There won't be a headline in january that say's "Gareth Bale has joined Man Utd" or something like that what you might see in FIFA or Football Manager. You are mostly linked with young players or back-up players in this window. For example: Kessie is a young player we are linked with and so is Fernando Llorente as a bench/back-up player. 

There was a total meltdown here last summer back when I was still a lurker and sometimes it was hillarious to see those meltdowns of some users here. I do understand it a bit as we ended 10th, but still people need to calm down. You won't change anything at Chelsea from Twitter or this website. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Like this guy on Twitter, 25k followers and a nice guy to follow overall, but just doesn't seem to understand how the whole transfer thing works. Claims all big names are available in january. Yeah right. "Suarez was available to Liverpool some years ago" he told me. Mate Suarez came from Ajax who are a small European club nowadays who sell against any price.

 

This sounds familiar no? These people on Twitter raging against the club for not trying to sign uh let's see Griezmann or James (who I don't even want at Chelsea) or what the fuck, why don't we try to bring Lionel fucking Messi to the Premier League! But also some users here at this forum with this bullshit that we are going to miss out on the title for not trying to ge these big names in. You are making me Tired with yes, a capital T. Still remember this Ruud Gullit Dutch guy on TalkChelsea doing the same. Embarrassing. 

Please don't be like this Carefreedaily guy. Have some patience and some common sense. This isn't FIFA. Thank you. 

What can we do? Some people are thick. No team, especially teams with CL/title aspirations will sell their best players in January. This is just how it is... we are in a good enough position now to settle for backup players to get us over the line.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, manpe said:

What can we do? Some people are thick. No team, especially teams with CL/title aspirations will sell their best players in January. This is just how it is... we are in a good enough position now to settle for backup players to get us over the line.

Indeed manpe. Glad to see some users here with some sense in them. Why would Real sell us James when they can still use him in the Copa Del Rey, La Liga and UCL?

This is the window you bring in back-up players, not big names. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Yes but you can rage what you want about it here on this forum, or tweet about it like that guy constantly does: it won't change anything. Conte isn't a user here, Roman isn't and so on. This is the winter transfer window my man. That's a total different window than the summer one is. There won't be a headline in january that say's "Gareth Bale has joined Man Utd" or something like that what you might see in FIFA or Football Manager. You are mostly linked with young players or back-up players in this window. For example: Kessie is a young player we are linked with and so is Fernando Llorente as a bench/back-up player. 

There was a total meltdown here last summer back when I was still a lurker and sometimes it was hillarious to see those meltdowns of some users here. I do understand it a bit as we ended 10th, but still people need to calm down. You won't change anything at Chelsea from Twitter or this website. 

Totally agree that nowt we say no maater how many times or in what ways that we will have any outcome of what the club does. But no harm in having a rant about it among like minded supporters. None of us will ever agree on 1 thing but the whole point of a site like this is to share thoughts with each other no matter how daft some of them might be.

Ive seen some great meltdowns on here. Cracks me up. Just gotta sit back and ride it out or wind them up even more ;)

34 minutes ago, manpe said:

What can we do? Some people are thick. No team, especially teams with CL/title aspirations will sell their best players in January. This is just how it is... we are in a good enough position now to settle for backup players to get us over the line.

Yep I agree. We got enough to get us over the line.

I'd rather not settle for that tho if poss. We got the best chance we will get to make up for the total shambollic of a season last year and give a big FUCK YOU to everyone that was taking the piss all year.

And theres not a chance in hell we make an impression in Europe with this squad.

Its almost impossible to get any proper good players in Jan but no harm in sowing seeds and for our transfer team/scouts etc to make contact with ones we want so we can get them in quick come summer.

Till then we just daydream about what ifs and wouldn't it be goods.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic
  • Jase locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...