Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton
Followers 11

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I stand by my feeling that Grealish doesn’t make much of a difference for City and that £100m is an absolutely ridiculous price to pay for him.

He’s going to be good there as almost every attacker is but I don’t think he really makes them any any scarier than they already were. 

If they really pay 100m for Grealisht, we can't wait anymore to bid for Haaland

• Replies 28.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool and Dortmund have reached an agreement over the transfer of Reus. They've agreed it's never going to happen. [emoji23]

It reminds me the day when we signed Hector and Djilobodji on the same day.

David Moyes is that ugly bloke at the nightclub who gets to 2am and just tries chatting up every girl. Take a hint dude - no-one likes you.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, iceboy said:

If they really pay 100m for Grealisht, we can't wait anymore to bid for Haaland

Why does City going for Grealish affect our pursuit of Haaland in any way?

I agree with @Pizy that while Grealish is a gem of a player he doesn't make City any better than they already were because they can only field a fixed amount of attacking players at once and the ones they already have are just as good as Grealish. I think with Grealish signing they are slowly starting to phase out KDB who's already 30yo and beginning to have more and more injury problems. 

Pep’s attacking players (especially the wide attackers) have always been basically programmed robots. They have very specific instructions to basically stay super wide and be very positional disciplined. So that’s why it’s super strange to me that Pep has such a boner for Grealish who is the ultimate floating wanderer and isn’t really a traditional winger at all. 

Specifically for City’s team I’d rather have an in form Sterling starting in the left than Grealish from a fit point of view. And speaking of which, I wonder what Sterling thinks of this signing? Just had a great Euro’s and will now be replaced. Yes, he had a subpar season but was brilliant the season before and could easily regain that form.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Pep’s attacking players (especially the wide attackers) have always been basically programmed robots. They have very specific instructions to basically stay super wide and be very positional disciplined. So that’s why it’s super strange to me that Pep has such a boner for Grealish who is the ultimate floating wanderer and isn’t really a traditional winger at all. 

Specifically for City’s team I’d rather have an in form Sterling starting in the left than Grealish from a fit point of view. And speaking of which, I wonder what Sterling thinks of this signing? Just had a great Euro’s and will now be replaced. Yes, he had a subpar season but was brilliant the season before and could easily regain that form.

Sam Lee reported Guardiola wants Grealish as a no.8 so he would compete with Gundogan.

Sterling      Kane (Jesus)      Mahrez

Grealish     KDB

Rodri

They want to sell B. Silva.

5 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Sam Lee reported Guardiola wants Grealish as a no.8 so he would compete with Gundogan.

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Sterling      Kane (Jesus)      Mahrez

Grealish     KDB

Rodri

They want to sell B. Silva.

This is even weirder, then. Gündo was arguably their best player last season and they’re spending £100m to buy someone to rotate with him?

Pep is of course smarter than almost anyone out there but this is so puzzling.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

This is even weirder, then. Gündo was arguably their best player last season and they’re spending £100m to buy someone to rotate with him?

Personally, i feel Grealish would be much better as a LW than as a no.8.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Pep is so smart, he often enough outsmarts himself just as with his tactics vs us.

I think one pillar of their team is that they have 6,7 qualtiy attacking midfielders who can all play various positions it just wears opposition players down and gives them options when breaking down teams. when one is not on form, they bring on a fresh copy of him to score a late winner. he also rotates heavily so everyone is always fresh

100M for this dude? Footbal is bust man, how is this shit sustainable when players like Grealish go for such fees? He isnt worth 50 if you ask me, and he is what 28? Nahh fuck that, its a disgrace.

1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

Aston Villa are really going for that striker... 

5 minutes ago, Mana said:

Expect Ben White to feature in the pre-season friendly against them.

Is he even back for pre-season? If he just came back, then I doubt he will feature this Sunday. 

I really rate Ben White. Sensible, great signing for the annoying bastards.