Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Basketball Thread


Amblève.
 Share
Followers 0

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good.

He's filling out one of these right now

What a gif.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

NBA play off starts today. 

Yanks are masters of entertainment. I dont have a feeling there is no audience.

I think Clippers will win it!

Same here. I think their depth is just amazing, which when coupled with kwahi and PG-13, is scary. The whole season I got the feeling that clippers were in 2nd gear. Will be great to watch them go full throttle

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Same here. I think their depth is just amazing, which when coupled with kwahi and PG-13, is scary. The whole season I got the feeling that clippers were in 2nd gear. Will be great to watch them go full throttle

U from NY? Will Knicks ever make a good team? :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

U from NY? Will Knicks ever make a good team? :lol:

Hahahaa. Not when they keep trading kristapas and Hardaway for trash.

By the way originally from LA and a clipper through and through (had some family connections with the franchise) . Even when we were a joke. Man, steve Ballmer has really changed everything about us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Come on Rockets! 3 more. 

Let's hope. That was such a toothless performance by AD and LBJ.

Clippers vs nuggets today, really hope clips continue with the momentum. Things are looking good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Let's hope. That was such a toothless performance by AD and LBJ.

Clippers vs nuggets today, really hope clips continue with the momentum. Things are looking good.

Yeah, and Miami doing amazing things!

Rockets beat Lakers I think 3 times now in the row with small lineup. They have the formula defensively for them.

And yeah, cannot see Clippers having any troubles against Denver.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yeah, and Miami doing amazing things!

Rockets beat Lakers I think 3 times now in the row with small lineup. They have the formula defensively for them.

And yeah, cannot see Clippers having any troubles against Denver.

Miami has been crazy. I expected them to put up a fight, but in no way be 3-0 up. Raptors are lucky to even be in the series.

Yup, 3rd consecutive win and all by 10 or more points. 

Let's hope that's the case. 

Btw, congratulations to harrel for the 6th man of the year award. Deserved it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Seriously? Back to back games where you lose 15+ points lead.

Un freaking believable. Unacceptable. This is not championship mentality, this is not championship mettle. This is pure bull. 

I am fine and I have been fine with a lack of quality in MY franchise all my life. I am fine with being outplayed, but not fine being out fought. What a bunch of pussies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Seriously? Back to back games where you lose 15+ points lead.

Un freaking believable. Unacceptable. This is not championship mentality, this is not championship mettle. This is pure bull. 

I am fine and I have been fine with a lack of quality in MY franchise all my life. I am fine with being outplayed, but not fine being out fought. What a bunch of pussies. 

18 points lead in the middle of 3rd quarter. I think Clippers are much better team, do not know what happened to them. Still think they will win next game but against Lakers it will be very tough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

18 points lead in the middle of 3rd quarter. I think Clippers are much better team, do not know what happened to them. Still think they will win next game but against Lakers it will be very tough. 

One thing I have learned through the many years of play-off watching, quality counts for shit if there is no fight.

Right now, this is the worst case scenario for my franchise. We sold our future in shai, 5 draft picks and choker we got for it is useless at clutch. It's a couple of such trades/transfers which can set back your club 3/4 years (example - torres). 

I don't think we will win the game. They have the momentum, the belief, the fight. They are anyways on "borrowed time" due to the jazz series and what's happened in this series. Infact it's a decent think, that this circus does not get blown away by LBJ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 1:53 AM, NikkiCFC said:

18 points lead in the middle of 3rd quarter. I think Clippers are much better team, do not know what happened to them. Still think they will win next game but against Lakers it will be very tough. 

Told you, no way were we winning this. The mental capitulation!!!! I mean i have never EVER seen anything even close to this. I have never seen your 2 All-stars and future hall of famers sitting on the bench for the final 2 minutes. It was a catastrophe. 

I have been supporting this franchise all my life, but I sincerely think I have not seen a team which were such a bunch of pussies, teams with no balls. Either doc rivers needs to go or we need to press the reset button again and start the rebuild. There is no coming back mentally from what has happened, unfortunately. Trade PG for a good 3 and D player and draft picks, if that makes Kwahi want to leave, so be it, but we just cant let them go again.

And on Doc rivers, my god, what a fucking imbecile. You yourself say that Jokic is one of the best passing centers to have EVER played. You compare him to Larry Bird, and then you try to double team him and leave people free for him to find. Instead of playing to your own strengths (1 v 1 defending with some of the best perimeter defenders), you try to do THIS. Got to go, unacceptable. Heads need to roll for what has happened. I would have taken a hard fought clean sweep over this shit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Doc Rivers fired. 

Thank you for everything Doc, but this is as far as you can take us. A decent coach, a great guy, but unfortunately, you need clutch and he is probably the most anti clutch coach I have seen.

In nba history, in the 70 years, there have been just 13 times that teams have blown a 3-1 lead. Doc Rivers has been at the end of it, 3 times. 3 out of 13!!! Thats 23% of the overall fuck ups ever.

Let's see who we get in, really hope it's Billy Donovan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

absolute joke that all you need is 2 superstars out of 15, 16 players to win a NBA championship in today's game

the rest can be dregs

those Jordan teams had FAR better supporting players

The Lakers are just 0.4 points per game away from having Lebron and Davis as their ONLY players in double digits for scoring in the playoffs

and wow those ages of many of the players with lots of minutes

35, 33, 34 (soon 35), 35 (soon 36), 32 (soon 33), 34 (soon 35), 35

those 7 players' average age is soon almost 35 years

4 of them are often or always starters

not exactly a long-range dynasty in the making

going for glory now

I assume they make some moves to lower that issue

789c8eb14ffac06e4385cf46c731b5fa.pngd0080a70728b3543d056c19f2b2e1fb9.pngc7cd234e016d0f368f74c71c9f1e73fb.png

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

absolute joke that all you need is 2 superstars out of 15, 16 players to win a NBA championship in today's game

It is not over yet! Miami is leading right now in 3rd game. But yeah Lakers big favorites. LeBron is what you call generic freak.

He and Ronaldo dominating in 35 is crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

It is not over yet! Miami is leading right now in 3rd game. But yeah Lakers big favorites. LeBron is what you call generic freak.

He and Ronaldo dominating in 35 is crazy.

Jordan was the same too

at 35 he averaged 32.4 points per game in the playoffs and lead the Bulls to their 6th Championship in 8 years (would have been 8 in a row if he had not tried that crazy baseball experiment)

even then, that team was stacked

Pos.    No.    Name    Height    Weight 
PG    9    United States    Harper, Ron    6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)    185 lb (84 kg)        Miami (OH)
SG    23    United States    Jordan, Michael    6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)    215 lb (98 kg)        North Carolina
PG    25    United States    Kerr, Steve    6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)    175 lb (79 kg)        Arizona
SF    7    Croatia    Kukoč, Toni    6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)    192 lb (87 kg)        Croatia
SF    33    United States    Pippen, Scottie    6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)    220 lb (100 kg)        Central Arkansas
PF    91    United States    Rodman, Dennis    6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)    210 lb (95 kg)        SE Oklahoma State

Head coach
United States Phil Jackson (North Dakota)
 

f4bc39fdb09185e4799ed3457782d869.png

 

hell, at 40 (insane) he averaged 20 points per game, and played EVERY game lolol

8bffa31f6c406a82b6de79c9e3f9a1eb.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...