The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

So, Spain or USA for the world cup?

I haven't nearly been as excited about this one because I'm usually used to Lebanon qualifying.

The Skipper, on 08 Aug 2014 - 07:05 AM, said: Love is average defensively

That sounds so deep! :P

Iguodala should just retire from Twitter; that's not the first time he's embarrassed himself with a tweet.

I can't believe the deal Parsons got - that's not to say he's a bad player but that's big money, the demands are going to be quite big. He's on about twice as much as Dirk! :blink:

Kerr wanted to keep Klay so I think that helps his cause a lot. It's no secret that the Warriors want to move Lee (but can't because of his salary) so there's no love lost there, and Barnes is coming off a poor season so that should serve as a wake-up call for him. Kerr sounds like he has some good ideas about the game/style of play and the Warriors have hired some experienced coaches; I think they'll have a good season.

You guys been watching the Fiba World Cup? I haven't seen much but have heard Rose has looked pretty rusty which is understandable but also worrying. I'd love to see this guy come back even close to what he was.

Parsons is a great two way player. There weren't too many options at the time either unfortunately. Would have been weird if Klay Thompson left and broke up the Splash Brothers. It's hard to expect Rose to be back to his MVP best after two years of minimal action. It's horrible to see players suffer so much due to injuries, a lot of these injury issues may have to do with the ridiculous 82 game schedule. With Rose's aggressive style and this kind of a schedule, you're bound to suffer injuries (like Westbrook).

btw guys since many of u were having a Chicago-Cleveland debate. Could go a lot like Miami and Chicago were in 2010-2011. Bulls may finish higher in the regular season (since Cavs may struggle early in the regular season) but due to Cleveland's star power they may win a potential Conf. Finals.

So, Spain or USA for the world cup?

I haven't nearly been as excited about this one because I'm usually used to Lebanon qualifying.

That sounds so deep! :P

USA have far too many key players missing and since Spain are a settled team I wouldn't be surprised if the Spanish won (and they have home court).

USA have far too many key players missing and since Spain are a settled team I wouldn't be surprised if the Spanish won (and they have home court).

I think it'll be Spain too. USA have better individuals but Spain is the better team.

France would be a formidable opponent with Noah and Parker.

We beat France in the 2006 World Cup. I realize this has absolutely nothing to do about the current discussion but I just like to throw that around at every possible chance :D

Harden, Kyrie, Curry, Klay, Davis should be the core of kids from this team going forward to 2016 olympics... Everyone else I would drop moving forward.

DROSE is over... Chicago needs to trade Rose before his value drops.

Davis is going to be the best player in the league in a few years.

Harden, Kyrie, Curry, Klay, Davis should be the core of kids from this team going forward to 2016 olympics... Everyone else I would drop moving forward.

DROSE is over... Chicago needs to trade Rose before his value drops.

Davis is going to be the best player in the league in a few years.

Disagree with almost everything here.

Harden should be dropped, his defense is probably the worst I've ever seen from someone supposed to be a top tier player, worse than Melo.

Lol @ DRose, give him time he's been out 2 years, if you thought he could come back and be that 30-10 guy again you had false hopes.

You realize Durant will still be in the league in a few years, right?

Disagree with almost everything here.

Harden should be dropped, his defense is probably the worst I've ever seen from someone supposed to be a top tier player, worse than Melo.

Lol @ DRose, give him time he's been out 2 years, if you thought he could come back and be that 30-10 guy again you had false hopes.

You realize Durant will still be in the league in a few years, right?

Harden wont be dropped, hes the only true 2 guard in the NBA.

D rose doesnt belong on team USA and wont be drose before injury. Chicago doesnt need this DRose and will go through years of misery trying and hoping for old Drose to comeback.

Davis upside is amazing high. Anthony Davis was a no one in high school that became the number 1 prospect during his senior year because he grew like a foot. He played guard in high school, which is why he is so comfortable handling the ball and shooting from the perimeter. Davis is the perfect body for a NBA player and will only get better because he has not filled out yet.

2016 team

Davis/Cousins

Lebron/Love

Durant/Melo/George

Harden/Klay

Curry/Irving/Westbrook