The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

If The King can play (ergo: if Indy lets him) as a post playmaker there's no way Indy wins this. Especially not as long as Hill keeps doing fuck all, dude's really inconsistent.

Yeah in this series he's been quite non-existent but so have the Miami role players. I mean where has Battier, Wade, Ray Allen been?? One misses every open corner three pointer, one can't really be bothered to play and the other just suddenly went ice cold.

One commentator here said this series is almost like when LBJ was with the Cavs (in it LBJ having to carry the team) and its quite true hahaha. and when you look at this series as a whole, Indiana has dominated it but failed to close to the deal. I mean last game was a prime example. Miami only showed up for the 3rd qtr of that game and they won it. Lol like Indiana must really be kicking themselves because also game 1 was there's to win.

Miami NEED Allen, Haslem, Battier to step up, but most importantly Wade needs to because SA are a well oiled machine that can do it all (when healthy). Miami can't expect to pull what they did in game1 vs indiana because SA would have beat them in OT. They are the comeback kings of the NBA and its imperative that Miami is firing on all cylinders.

I didn't know LeBron was able to time travel :P

He is able to time travel, change his shirt number to 23 and win 6 championships without betraying his draft team! :P

Yeah in this series he's been quite non-existent but so have the Miami role players. I mean where has Battier, Wade, Ray Allen been?? One misses every open corner three pointer, one can't really be bothered to play and the other just suddenly went ice cold.

One commentator here said this series is almost like when LBJ was with the Cavs (in it LBJ having to carry the team) and its quite true hahaha. and when you look at this series as a whole, Indiana has dominated it but failed to close to the deal. I mean last game was a prime example. Miami only showed up for the 3rd qtr of that game and they won it. Lol like Indiana must really be kicking themselves because also game 1 was there's to win.

Miami NEED Allen, Haslem, Battier to step up, but most importantly Wade needs to because SA are a well oiled machine that can do it all (when healthy). Miami can't expect to pull what they did in game1 vs indiana because SA would have beat them in OT. They are the comeback kings of the NBA and its imperative that Miami is firing on all cylinders.

Yep. Though I think that Spoelstra has to be blamed for a few things as well. One of Miami's biggest assets is Bosh and yet they're not using him at all. He's able to knock the ball down from everywhere so why don't they give him more touches? That would not only give them the advantage of giving one of the most unguardable PFs good looks but also would take Hibbert out of the post which would help guys like Chalmers to get even more easily to the rim.

He is able to time travel, change his shirt number to 23 and win 6 championships without betraying his draft team! :P

Tbf, he didn't betray (or whatsoever) Cleveland. The FO didn't manage to give a half-decent supporting cast 7 years in a row (he single-handedly took them to the Finals). At some point you as the franchise player have to consider if it's worth wasting your prime because of a shite board. I mean I was not in favour of him joining Miami, I wish he re-signed with Cleveland and the Cavs fired their GM, but I understand his decision.

Yep. Though I think that Spoelstra has to be blamed for a few things as well. One of Miami's biggest assets is Bosh and yet they're not using him at all. He's able to knock the ball down from everywhere so why don't they give him more touches? That would not only give them the advantage of giving one of the most unguardable PFs good looks but also would take Hibbert out of the post which would help guys like Chalmers to get even more easily to the rim.

Great point indeed.

maybe he comes alive tonight or somebody does because LBJ has been their only bright spot this series. But in the Finals, that potenial matchup of Bosh vs Duncan could be something special.

Great point indeed.

maybe he comes alive tonight or somebody does because LBJ has been their only bright spot this series. But in the Finals, that potenial matchup of Bosh vs Duncan could be something special.

Duncan would KILL him.

Damn, Heat sucked today. I think this is the lowest they've scored all season (including regular season) + the worst they've shot. Pacers weren't even that good. Happy we're going to see a Game 7 though, what a great series. Slowly growing more fond of Pacers as the series progresses. Paul George (who I'm adding to my list of favourite players right now), Hibbert (who I did say would have a field day as Andersen was suspended) and D. West (who had a 103 degrees fever!) were excellent. D. Wade, whilst good on D, was so bad offensively, he looks a shadow of the player we all know he is.

Still want to see a Pacers - Spurs final. Would be interesting to see how the Pacers forwards match up in a pressurised situation against Duncan and co.

Damn, Heat sucked today. Pacers weren't even that good. Happy we're going to see a Game 7 though, what a great series. Slowly growing more fond of Pacers as the series progresses. Paul George (who I'm adding to my list of favourite players right now), Hibbert (who I did say would have a field day as Andersen was suspended!) and D. West (who had a 103 degrees fever!) were excellent. D. Wade, whilst good on D, was so bad offensively, he looks a shadow of the player we all know he is.

Still want to see a Pacers - Spurs final. Would be interesting to see how the Pacers forwards match up in a pressurised situation against Duncan and co.

I'd expect Spurs to win the finals 4-1 against the Pacers cause they are much better as a team.

If the finals are between Spurs - Miami...still expect Spurs to win...unless D. Wade plays at an all-star level.

It's unbelievable that a team with a bench as bad as the Pacers' can force a game 7 vs the best team in the NBA.

And it's even more unbelievable how ridiculously bad the Heat's bench has been all series long.

I'd expect Spurs to win the finals 4-1 against the Pacers cause they are much better as a team.

If the finals are between Spurs - Miami...still expect Spurs to win...unless D. Wade plays at an all-star level.

Yeah, but I wouldn't write Pacers off. Everyone thought Miami would've taken care of them by now but that didn't happen... But as of right now Spurs are definitely the most in form team in the NBA, Lebron has literally carried the Heat in this series... Wade and Bosh have been locked out by the Pacers.

Ray Allen and Shane Battier... just smh (especially the former).

Yeah... what makes it even more cringeworthy (or funnier) is that they're sucking at things they've been good at for their whole careers :lol:

Maybe there will never be a better player than him, but we already saw someone better! ;)

Damn straight. I'd build my team around Michael Jordan over Lebron James any day of the week. Sure Lebron is a freak of nature and a gifted athlete but MJ just has that it factor that makes him so incredible. He's simply one of the greatest competitors the game will ever see, and for MJ to never lose in an NBA finals series (6 for 6) is something to be commended for.

Not to take anything away from Lebron because he is already one of the greats. But will he ever surpass MJ? I'd say no. People are already beginning to doubt the Heat's chances of winning this year and with Wade on the decline I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron jumped ship to chase another ring in 2014. Lebron would have to be able to sustain his excellence for another 4-5 years to have a chance to be named the goat. What Jordan had in his early to mid 30s was his midrange game that allowed MJ to dominate without having to purely rely on athleticism. Lebron can still be the leagues best player for the next couple years but there will be teams willing to challenge for a title spot just like the Pacers are doing right now and with the plethora of talent coming in the league who knows what capable GM's are able to assemble with their teams? At the end of the day, winning is everything and if we are to compare MJ to any player out there, it'd be Kobe.

Why did Roy Hibbert get fined for saying no homo? phaggy world we live in nowadays

That's something a high school kid would be expected to say, not a professional basketball player during a press conference in the eastern finals. And please do yourself a favor and refrain from using that word so casually.

Jason Kidd retiring after 19 seasons

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9337625/jason-kidd-new-york-knicks-retiring-19-nba-seasons

One of my Favorite ALL-TIME players in NBA history, Jason Kidd retired today. He was THE MAN. His style was so easy on the eye, and it was amazing watching him take over a game without even scoring. The fact he won a ring with Dallas Mavs was the icing on the cake on what had been an already amazing career, as I remember watching the New Jersey Nets make it to 2 NBA Finals and seeing them fail those two times really broke my heart. One of the leagues Top 5 PGs ever to play the game, hands down. Was just so crafty on the court, an ultimate team-mate and as classy as it gets for a player. Second all-time in assists and steals to none-other than John Stockton. And Third in triple doubles all-time and third all-time in three-pointers made.

Jason Kidd and Steve Nash were my first NBA heroes . I'm glad Kidd got one, hopefully the later can get a ring too.