Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Basketball Thread

Amblève.
Followers 0

I gotta go with Heat in 7.

Keys to Victory: Chalmers and D-Wade. (could honestly have said everyone BUT Lebron) :lol:

Ray allen needs to show up 6 hours before game time, because those 3 1/2 before tip off aint doing him much help. Battier needs to join him aswell. Bosh needs to score, that's it, just score so they can space the floor and put him a Center during games. Chalmers needs to play aggressive and look to score to try and get TP (Tony Parker) in foul trouble (because TP can't switch off to guard D-Wade or LBJ. so he'll be on Chalmers. D-Wade needs luck, literally, cause every lay-up rims out. And on LBJ.....

he has grown leaps and bounds since that Mavs final 2 years ago where he completely stunk up the joint. He was so weak mentally it was almost embarrassing. The constant jump shots, the avoiding of the last shot (or even when he did take it, it was never a drive to the rim, always a jump shot) was not something you'd expect from a reigning MVP or Best player in the league. But he's not that player anymore, and im positive he'll be the same consistent force he has been this season. TBH i think LBJ needs to have a game (not every game, but one single game) where he scores like 40+ points in a winning effort. (Just a gut feeling i have) Because i don't think that cast will show up for all 4 games they win. Basically what im trying to say is, LBJ needs to seize the moment and remind people why he's the greatest player in the world and have an NBA Finals to remember.

Even if LeBron puts up his season averages in the finals he will have done great. His finals series against the Mavs was a complete disaster. Everything that could have went wrong for him did. But honestly as far as I'm concerned both he and the Heat needed that. Had they won that series then perhaps they would have just tried to get by on sheer talent alone but they regrouped, added pieces and are now the most complete team in the league.

You're right D-Wade needs to show up, him and Bosh. I liked LeBron's comment after a loss to the Pacers when he said it felt like his Cleveland days. That woke them up and they came out on form next game.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good.

He's filling out one of these right now

What a gif.

Posted Images

Can't believe Nuggets are letting both George Karl and Ujiri go.

George Karl has a terrible record in the playoffs. Being great in the regular season is overrated. I think with Masai it's just a case of being presented with a better opportunity and him wanting to take it so can't blame the Nuggets for that.

George Karl has a terrible record in the playoffs. Being great in the regular season is overrated.

Still doesn't take away from the incredible job he did with Denver this season despite them not really having that franchise player. I don't think one should overlook what he did in the regular season and call it overrated.

Still doesn't take away from the incredible job he did with Denver this season despite them not really having that franchise player. I don't think one should overlook what he did in the regular season and call it overrated.

Their great record last season had a lot to do with their home form and they play at attitude so the opposing teams were at a disadvantage. I remember some teams gassing out early against them this season especially with Denver playing a high-tempo game. But play-off basketball is slower and Golden State exposed them. You're right they had a strong regular season but they did nothing in the playoffs.

Their great record last season had a lot to do with their home form and they play at attitude so the opposing teams were at a disadvantage. I remember some teams gassing out early against them this season especially with Denver playing a high-tempo game. But play-off basketball is slower and Golden State exposed them. You're right they had a strong regular season but they did nothing in the playoffs.

Golden State were awesome in the playoffs, Steph Curry was practically a man possessed for most of it. I agree that they didn't replicate their regular season form but I think George Karl got the maximum out of the Nuggets, I mean I certainly wasn't expecting them to be as good as they were in the regular season. Don't forget that the Nuggets did also miss Gallinari, who's a key part of their offense.

• Like 1

Holly shit, this was one of the best ever games of this decade. What a way to start the Finals!!!

Tony Parker is a monster and so is Ray Allen. Tim Duncam and LeBron James have been very consistent as well...

Spurs 92-88 Heat

Tony Parker is just... What an unbelievable shot. Can you imagine Spurs only had 4 TO in the whole game? If they can replicate that over the series they'll win.

They better pray to God that Tony Parker stays healthy.

I had money on the game going to OT if Parker's finger was just a fraction longer then it could have been a shot clock violation and would have allowed Lebron to drive to the hoop to take it to OT!!!

But it was well worth staying up for! what a great game!

I think Spurs will win it in 6 though.

Absolute blow out. We got to see Spurs basketball in game 1 and today we saw Heat at their best.

Spurs can't afford to lose game 3. From 4 TOs to 17... Main reason they lost tonight. Gave away the ball too easily and Heat are the best team in the NBA on the fast break so...

Lebron's block on Splitter was just filthy though.