The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

That's exactly what's pissing me off. Nuggets want Masai to stay, he wants to stay. And suddenly Toronto want him too (he's already been a scout there a few years ago, IIRC). You never know, money could be the decisive factor...

I hope they'll get the new contract done ASAP.

Since your a nugget fan, do you think the team was better than the Melo days? The bad boys days of Melo, Smith and Martin.

I wish the Raptors would fuck off.

I thought Phil was going there.....

Since your a nugget fan, do you think the team was better than the Melo days? The bad boys days of Melo, Smith and Martin.

It's a tough call. Back in the Melo-days Denver was always lacking 1 piece of the whole puzzle, for 80% of the time a defensive anchor in the center spot. Nene has always been a PF and should have been played there so he was not the answer. K-Mart was a terrific defender but as he was injured almost all the time (Nene too, sigh) you couldn't rely on him either. Adding Chauncey to the team in 2008 was great and lifted the Nuggets defensively as well as offensively on another level, and in the end, that unlucky series loss to the Lakers (FUCK YOU ANTHONY CARTER) was not just the end of that season for the Nuggets but also sealed future of that team. Talent-wise, that 2009 team was definitely the best team EVER in the Milehigh City.

The current roster, on the other hand, is a purely raw project. IMO, this team is going nowhere if they're gonna stick to the likes of McGee, Chandler, Randolph etc. You don't win anything with players as dumb as them. Secondly, this Denver team is all about athleticism, most players on the roster lack the basic fundamentals, it's absolutely painful to watch at times (e.g. McGee trying to box out or Faried setting screens... cringeworthy).

A decisive factor for Denver's future and the question "How good is this team actually?!" is gonna be whether they can keep Iguodala or not. He's the anchor on the defensive end (with him on the floor Denver's D is the 7th best in the NBA, without him it's 23rd!!!) and he's their secondary ball-handler which makes him an integral part of this team on both ends on the floor.

Beside that, Denver seriously lacks a dominant low-post guy and defensive force inside. I don't know how they're gonna solve these 2 problems, I just hope they'll do it somehow.

(I think I already mentioned this topic on another page in this thread)

Denver is a regular season team right now. They'll get you more than 50 wins again next season but that's about it. The dribble drive system is what keeps this team alive but it's as limiting the team as much as it helps. So no, I don't think that this team is better than the one from 2009. If anything they're even right now (due to the current system), but if 'Dala leaves, they better tank for Wiggins.

Heat vs Grizz was my prediction but it seems like the Spurs are gonna get through. Heat to win it all though.

On another note, Cleveland won the lottery. Yet again.

Unbelievably lucky, them guys. Nerlens Noel for them surely? They've been crying for a player like him for a long time.

Unbelievably lucky, them guys. Nerlens Noel for them surely? They've been crying for a player like him for a long time.

Noel seems like the obvious choice, yeah. Not only because he could become a defensive force but because he's injured which would mean that team would suck again. Ergo, that team would be likely to get Wiggins in the next draft. Double-win situation.

Noel seems like the obvious choice, yeah. Not only because he could become a defensive force but because he's injured which would mean that team would suck again. Ergo, that team would be likely to get Wiggins in the next draft. Double-win situation.

Lol. Didn't think of that. Imagine they pulled that off. They'd be set for years.

Lol. Didn't think of that. Imagine they pulled that off. They'd be set for years.

That'd be crazy stuff.

The already have their future backcourt with Kyrie and Waiters + Thompson and Zeller in the post. If they'd get Noel and Wiggins... WOW.

Yup. Starting 5 of Kyrie - Waiters - Wiggins - Thompson - Noel. Scary.

Would raise the question though, how long could they keep that core together? Assuming they all develop up to their potential, that would be 4 max-contracts!

Don't count out the Bobcats, they'll still struggle.

Would raise the question though, how long could they keep that core together? Assuming they all develop up to their potential, that would be 4 max-contracts!

They'd have to sacrifice whoever hasn't developed basically.

Cleveland got a good, youthful setup at the moment. I think they'll challenge if Kyrie, Waiters and Noel (assuming he's going there) all fulfil their potential, even if they didn't get Wiggins.

I don't even think that was clutch, it was an open lane because Pacers forgot to put on Hibbert *idiots*.

It took a perfect game from Birdman and a triple double by Lebron to actually overcome the Pacers. It'll be an interesting series.

Oh and btw, Paul George! :wub: (no homo)

I don't even think that was clutch, it was an open lane because Pacers forgot to put on Hibbert *idiots*.

It took a perfect game from Birdman and a triple double by Lebron to actually overcome the Pacers. It'll be an interesting series.

Paul George is incredible. Miami should run over everyone though and I can't see them losing to Indiana or, at this point, anyone. They are so far and away the best team right now. Miami isn't even playing well yet.

Crazy decision by vogel, he took out hibbert twice and I can see lebron laughing inside. He got two easy layup.