The Basketball Thread

Amblève.

Who should they have moved? Ibaka's their defensive anchor, Westbrook and KD are going nowhere which leaves us with OKC's role players. Sefolosha's their elite wing-defender (every contending team needs one), Collison's their main back-up big man and Perkins is unmovable (I still can't believe he earns more than 8m per season, smh). As I said, OKC's not rich, their owner won't pay the luxury tax (with the new CBA the tax is gonna be even more expensive), hence, they can't afford to pay 4 players more than 12m per season each.

Its called amnesty.

Its called amnesty.

I know about the amnesty clause.

As mentioned earlier, the OKC owner doesn't want to pay unnecessary money. So if they decided to amnesty Perkins they'd still have to pay him 27m overall without him playing for them. Ergo, amnestying Perkins would have been insane.

Yeah, future for GSW is very bright. Excellent young coach in Mark - one of the most underrated NBA players of all time, the splash brothers, Harrison Barnes who looks like a future all star if he fulfils his promise and of course David Lee. Decent young bench. Bogut as well (who I have a reserved opinion on, don't think he's as healthy as he should be). Things are looking up for them for the next couple of years.

Houston will be the most interesting to watch in the off season as they're due a star signing. Wizards hopefully draft in another great young talent with their lottery pick... It'll be an interesting off season this year, plenty of great free agents.

Would be interesting to see DH12 at Houston....if they have enough cap space. He just doesn't seem happy at Lakers...and he'd probably improve under a coach like McHale who has done well with Asik.

Would be interesting to see DH12 at Houston....if they have enough cap space. He just doesn't seem happy at Lakers...and he'd probably improve under a coach like McHale who has done well with Asik.

It's a big possibility. Dwight would be perfect to be honest - Houston really need a post up player and a more dominant force in the paint when defending and Howard fits the bill - still the best center in the NBA, even though he did have an off season at the Lakers.

Rockets are a very new team - Parsons is the only one who's been at the team for more than 2 years so given that they work on that team chemistry and work on that offense this summer and next season they could be dark horses if they get Dwight.

It's a big possibility. Dwight would be perfect to be honest - Houston really need a post up player and a more dominant force in the paint when defending and Howard fits the bill - still the best center in the NBA, even though he did have an off season at the Lakers.

Rockets are a very new team - Parsons is the only one who's been at the team for more than 2 years so given that they work on that team chemistry and work on that offense this summer and next season they could be dark horses if they get Dwight.

Dwight is not a post player.

Asik is a beast in the middle defensively.

I don't think you understand his mentality.

He wants to be Mr. Hollywood. In LA, he is that. He wants bright lights, to be associated with movie stars, etc....

I'm still mad OKC let Harden go. Could've easily beaten Memphis if he was still on OKC's roster.

I don't think that is okc fault. I think NBA should create a rule for cap exemption for player that you drafted and developed.

OKC simply don't have the money to offer him the max contract that he want

What? Dwight Howard is not a post player? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Maybe if you live in the states, you would know what a post player is.

I guess amare is a post player too!

Maybe if you live in the states, you would know what a post player is.

I guess amare is a post player too!

You don't need to live in the States to follow the NBA or even play basketball. That's the daftest thing I've heard. Basketball isn't just played in the USA, surely you know that?

You seriously can't tell me DH12 is not a very effective low post player - he doesn't have any flashy post moves per se but he's still one of the most effective in the low post simply due to his athleticism.

If he comes to Houston and they get Hakeem to coach him for a year or so then he could easily add to his repertoire of post moves and thus be even more effective.

[ tquote name=The Skipper" post="676573" timestamp="1368858334]

You don't need to live in the States to follow the NBA or even play basketball. That's the daftest thing I've heard. Basketball isn't just played in the USA, surely you know that?

You seriously can't tell me DH12 is not a very effective low post player - he doesn't have any flashy post moves per se but he's still one of the most effective in the low post simply due to his athleticism.

If he comes to Houston and they get Hakeem to coach him for a year or so then he could easily add to his repertoire of post moves and thus be even more effective.

watch more basketball son.

If you wanna see a post player, go watch zbo, Kobe, older Jordan, etc.... Not Dwight, who excels in pick and roll like amare with crappy post moves.

watch more basketball son. If you wanna see a post player, go watch zbo, Kobe, older Jordan, etc.... Not Dwight, who excels in pick and roll like amare with crappy post moves.

So you're going to stand there and tell me Dwight isn't an effective low-post player? He's mechanic and predictable, but still effective. That's my point. Yeah, his main go to move is the pick and roll, but if you give Howard the ball in the low post he will still finish, left or right.

I'm not saying he's the best post player in the NBA either, so there's no need to bring in the likes of Randolph or Kobe. FWIW I think the best post player in the NBA right now is Tim Duncan.

EDIT: Never mind, just read that they're trying to poach Nuggets' GM. Would be a great move though (for them), dude has done a terrific job at Denver.

That's exactly what's pissing me off. Nuggets want Masai to stay, he wants to stay. And suddenly Toronto want him too (he's already been a scout there a few years ago, IIRC). You never know, money could be the decisive factor...

I hope they'll get the new contract done ASAP.

What? Dwight Howard is not a post player? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ronaldo is right. Dwight is rubbish in the post and now that he has lost some athleticism because of the back injury he's even worse.

Ronaldo is right. Dwight is rubbish in the post and now that he has lost some athleticism because of the back injury he's even worse.

I would call him more predictable than "rubbish". Yeah, his injury this year restricted him big time, but he was very effective in the post for the Magic - but yeah his main go to play is the pick and roll.

I would call him more predictable than "rubbish". Yeah, his injury this year restricted him big time, but he was very effective in the post for the Magic - but yeah his main go to play is the pick and roll.

No, he's rubbish.

He's an athletic freak that main game is to own the lane defensively. He was never known to have a post game and was never know to be an offensive powerhouse in the NBA. He is what he is, a defensive beast.