Lucas Moura

JoulJoul

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ LDN : yeah, I at some point agree with you. I too would rather us to find some unknow gems. But the problem is that we absolutely don't give youth a chance, hence we could find 10 unknow Messi, they still wouldn't play - so it will be useless. If we go for Lucas/Neymar, they would have a big chance to be a big part of our team right after we buy them, because they have already played a lot of games, and just as with Torres, the coach will feel the obligation to play them because we have spent big money on them, therefore they'll have a chance.

...Very good point :lol:

I am not undermining his apparent talent, but its strange that we are ready to splash 30m+ on a very young and unproven player and consider promoting Josh to the first team as a big risk?!

I am not undermining his apparent talent, but its strange that we are ready to splash 30m+ on a very young and unproven player and consider promoting Josh to the first team as a big risk?!

It's the hypocritical truth I'm afraid. Spending 30 mill on a coveted talent how Chelsea play, I was hoping we could find a compromise with AVB but it seems as though Josh still needs to prove himself :/ And as mention before spending 30 million on a young player will almost guarantee time regardless of their form or not. But anyway I do think lucas has everything to one of the best.

The more the merrier.

To be fair.. They're different types of players. Lucas & McEachran can be in the same team, because of Josh's different abilities.

To be fair.. They're different types of players. Lucas & McEachran can be in the same team, because of Josh's different abilities.

But, will they be if we get Lucas? And if not, what message will it send to the youngsters training at our academy and the future prospects? I am not against signing great talents from overseas or other leagues in Europe, but we seriously need to learn some man-management at the club. I thought (and still hope) AVB balances the influx well. I dont want any signing that can hamper the development of the deserving home-grown talent. I will back any transfer that keeps this in view.

But, will they be if we get Lucas? And if not, what message will it send to the youngsters training at our academy and the future prospects? I am not against signing great talents from overseas or other leagues in Europe, but we seriously need to learn some man-management at the club. I thought (and still hope) AVB balances the influx well. I dont want any signing that can hamper the development of the deserving home-grown talent. I will back any transfer that keeps this in view.

I'd suggest you give up on this dream, it died in 2003 ;)

I love how killamanjaro refuses to address RZA by his new username :lol:

Ahah. That's because 'RZA' to me refers to my favorite musician, so it's kinda hard to name some else like this.

And to be frank, this isn't because we have Josh McEachran in our team that we shouldn't buy other talented young midfielders.

I always trust the opinion of Henrique when it comes to Brazilians lol. If I don't know much about a Brazilian and he says that he's shit then wherever I see that player I know he's shit.

Henrique is a Neymar/Santos fanboy... He would never admit that an opposing team has a promising player like Lucas!

People keep saying Buying Lucas would hinder Josh's progress....but would it Really? They are 2 Different types of Players. Lucas is a Fast Attacking midfielder with good Trickery and Dribbling. Josh would be more of a Meireles type, a technical CM, with good all round Skills but not Nesseccarily the Creative Spark to overhaul our team. Both could play in the Midfield, although it would Make our Midfield a bit Small-ish, so both would need to Bulk up a bit but it is Possible to have both in our team

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You