The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

chrismada9

I'm around 45 hours into the game now. Lvl27. The game kicks ass! Best RPG I played since Diablo 2 and Gothic 1,2,3. Game of the year for me.

Also, here's a vid that shows you how can you become a werewolf ;)

Beware of

You mean, the game is able to generate completely random quests? As in different players can play different ones, not just the same ones in sequence?? :o

You have unique main and side quests of course, but there are also generated ones. For example you can always take a job in thieves guild that randomly picks the actors and the place. Basically, you will never get to the point that you can't find any more quests :D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have unique main and side quests of course, but there are also generated ones. For example you can always take a job in thieves guild that randomly picks the actors and the place. Basically, you will never get to the point that you can't find any more quests :D

That is fucking incredible!! :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That and including only the games you played kinda saves it but looking past the Witchers, New Vegas and possibly DA:O is inexcusable.

Oh I understand what do you mean. Witcher 1 was wonderful but I lost interest in it and didn't have a lot of time. 2nd part was amazing, but I couldn't run it smoothly and I didn't get really deep into it although I was really excited for it.

Dragon Age was alright but just...boring. I lost interest in it rather fast and decided it wasn't worth my time even though I like BIOWARE. Fallout 3 was good, but it didn't pull me really much into it and New Vegas had some problems working on my PC also.

Don't get me wrong, I played really a lot of games like KOTOR1,2, Mass Effect 1,2, Fallout 2,3, New Vegas, Deus Ex 1 (2), , Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind, Oblivion, Baldurs Gate 2, Throne of Darkness, Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines, but Diablo and Gothic are the ones that have really gotten deply into my heart. I could also include KOTOR1 and 2 there with Witcher 1 when I think about it now.

It's not just about how good the game is, but how do I understand the world and feel about it. Gothic absolutely amazed me there, even though not a lot of people seem to rate it as high as I do.

Good to know you're no stranger to the genre.

Being an avid Gothic fan myself I can't argue against it being the favourite but are you sure your view of Diablo is not affected by nostalgia? As fas as I'm concerned it is only spoken in the same breath as the other games you mentioned due to it's addictiveness rather than it's RPG qualities.

BTW you really ought to play Witcher 1 and New Vegas. The former is very close the first 2 Gothics in terms of atmosphere, aside from being an excellent game altogether, and the latter is nothing like Fallout 3 and instead resembles the RPG mechanics of hardcore titles like Fallout 2 and Vtm:B.

Good to know you're no stranger to the genre.

Being an avid Gothic fan myself I can't argue against it being the favourite but are you sure your view of Diablo is not affected by nostalgia? As fas as I'm concerned it is only spoken in the same breath as the other games you mentioned due to it's addictiveness rather than it's RPG qualities.

BTW you really ought to play Witcher 1 and New Vegas. The former is very close the first 2 Gothics in terms of atmosphere, aside from being an excellent game altogether, and the latter is nothing like Fallout 3 and instead resembles the RPG mechanics of hardcore titles like Fallout 2 and Vtm:B.

That's the thing with Diablo, it's adictive like hell and I even played it in 2011. You missed that I didn't praise it as I have Gothic. It is not affected by nostalgia, simply Diablo is really good but it is a different kind of RPG that is pretty much rare nowadays. It's crazy to see that even though there were many copies of Diablo, not a single game manage to put things like dungeon generator, multiple classes, weapon durability and diversity, enchanting + Horadric cube, wonderful feel when you kill someone (lol that was awkward :D) and similar all together and that's what still makes Diablo so unique.

When you mentioned nostalgia though, I do find it annoying when people don't rate some amazing new games as much as they do some old classics.

I know I missed a lot with Witchers and Fallouts but I'm trying to minimize my time in front of PC these days and I kinda lost the passion for videogames I had before. I played so much it's actually crazy. Basically I played every decent game released from around...2004 if I remember right all the way 'till now. If I started writting the names of games it would be one rather long post :ph34r: So, I really experienced a lot and it's difficult to find that feel and passion now I had before.

Skryim is an unbelievable game, but the amount of bugs and glitches in this game is ridiculous.

I have already come across two quests that i can't complete because of glitches.

I advice everyone playing this game not to kill that saber cat in Greenspring Hollow until you start the animal extermination quest, because you can't complete this mission if the Saber cat is already dead.

Skryim is an unbelievable game, but the amount of bugs and glitches in this game is ridiculous.

I have already come across two quests that i can't complete because of glitches.

I advice everyone playing this game not to kill that saber cat in Greenspring Hollow until you start the animal extermination quest, because you can't complete this mission if the Saber cat is already dead.

I'm around 65h into the game and I haven't encountered anything big though glitches are normal in Bethesda games :ph34r:

I'm around 65h into the game and I haven't encountered anything big though glitches are normal in Bethesda games :ph34r:

Reading you pervious comments, i am guessing you are playing it on your PC right?

I have heard the PC version has fewer glitches then the PS3, and most of the glitches can be fixed by mods.

Oh I understand what do you mean. Witcher 1 was wonderful but I lost interest in it and didn't have a lot of time. 2nd part was amazing, but I couldn't run it smoothly and I didn't get really deep into it although I was really excited for it.

Dragon Age was alright but just...boring. I lost interest in it rather fast and decided it wasn't worth my time even though I like BIOWARE. Fallout 3 was good, but it didn't pull me really much into it and New Vegas had some problems working on my PC also.

Don't get me wrong, I played really a lot of games like KOTOR1,2, Mass Effect 1,2, Fallout 2,3, New Vegas, Deus Ex 1 (2), , Neverwinter Nights, Morrowind, Oblivion, Baldurs Gate 2, Throne of Darkness, Vampire the Masquarade: Bloodlines, but Diablo and Gothic are the ones that have really gotten deply into my heart. I could also include KOTOR1 and 2 there with Witcher 1 when I think about it now.

It's not just about how good the game is, but how do I understand the world and feel about it. Gothic absolutely amazed me there, even though not a lot of people seem to rate it as high as I do.

I loved the KOTOR series....shame they didn't do KOTOR3 and went down the MMORPG route

• 4 weeks later...