Jose Bosingwa is...

so the finally let lahm revert to his old position right back? remeber he ws made leftback temporarily in 2003 at stuttgart and ended up being one for years

Depends if bayern are playing Rafinha then Lahm plays on the left, or Badstuper then Lahm plays on the right. But really on either sides he is a world-class player both defensively and offensively, not to mention he's a real leader on the pitch.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends if bayern are playing Rafinha then Lahm plays on the left, or Badstuper then Lahm plays on the right. But really on either sides he is a world-class player both defensively and offensively, not to mention he's a real leader on the pitch.

but its funny how as a right back he made his name on the left

Uh, there are lots of players who play around the left mid/left wing space, traditional wingers are a rare breed nowadays. Between that comment and the one about how he puts so many crosses in, I'm really not sure if you watch the games. He doesn't attempt many crosses at all, maybe 5-6 a game, and most of those come closer to the crossbar than any player on the pitch. It is incredibly rare that he delivers a cross into a dangerous area.

The reason why Bosingwa is getting time is because we haven't sorted out the RB issue. Its been a problem for years now and AVB is at the moment compensating with Raul to provide some width from the mid. Its already becoming apparent we don't have any player in the squad that has top shelf attacking quality in any form (crosses or goal threat) on the right side. I'm sure that Roman has been going after Ramos vigorously but it hasn't worked out, maybe Lahm too, but these are tough guys to get. VDW is attainable but I think AVB wants to exhaust is options before taking a risk on him and getting rid of Bos.

Anelka, Drogba, Torres, Sturridge are all not crossers of the ball in any part of their typical roles, but yet they do it well enough to get balls in when they are in position, something that can't be said of Bos. Now you can insult me or my opinion but I don't care, that only shines on you, not me. Anyone that pays attention to the clubs problems of the last year or 2 has known about what I'm saying for a while.

Just so you stop mentioning that in every post you make, I'll have you know that I do watch games, and almost all of them for the whole 90 mins + injury time.

Now, in our most recent games the play has become more fluid and there is a lot more thinking involved in the build-up play. In the earlier games (I take it you have seen them), especially during the last days of the Carlo's management, there was a lack of imagination in the build-up, and most of the time the play ends with a random cross into the box, especially before we scored the first goal in the match. And whenever the ball moved to the right side, Bosingwa would be the one to whip it in, to usually no avail.

Whether there's a better RB out there...I'm not saying that's false, but you're quick to criticize the one we do have and that too for the wrong reasons (In my opinion)..

As for insults, there's nothing personal regarding anything I've posted..If you get upset by words thrown around on an internet forum then its your problem...

People overrate his attacking abilities, I think.

Mindlessly wandering up the pitch really quick in a straight line doesn't constitute ''good attacking''. His crossing is atrocious, is prone to giving the ball away very high up the pitch and is even worse at tracking back after surrendering possession. I even read someone mentioning he has attacking 'flair', which made me laugh my head off.

I realize he's often one of the favourite scapegoats on this forum when things don't go our way, but to me he's a decent squad player not particulary adept at either of the jobs you'd expect of a fullback.

Never been the same player since his injury 2 years ago. I understand AVB preferring Bosingwa to Brana because a natural full back provides width and balance to the team.

I would actually prefer to use Ferreira more. His best days are definately past him and although he doesn't possess the same pace as Bosingwa he is a much more solid and reliable defender, better concentration and positional awareness.

Although he isn't likely to take the ball on high up the pitch and take on the full back, he can still get up and down the flank and at least when he does he can cross the ball in.

Van Der Wiel is not as good as people think if we are talking about replacements. For me, I wish Srna was a couple of years younger. If Arsenal struggle this year, possibly a move for Sagna?

Never been the same player since his injury 2 years ago. I understand AVB preferring Bosingwa to Brana because a natural full back provides width and balance to the team.

I would actually prefer to use Ferreira more. His best days are definately past him and although he doesn't possess the same pace as Bosingwa he is a much more solid and reliable defender, better concentration and positional awareness.

Although he isn't likely to take the ball on high up the pitch and take on the full back, he can still get up and down the flank and at least when he does he can cross the ball in.

Van Der Wiel is not as good as people think if we are talking about replacements. For me, I wish Srna was a couple of years younger. If Arsenal struggle this year, possibly a move for Sagna?

Lol what. How is Ferreira a better option? He hardly has any pace. I think Bosingwa did well yesterday.

Lol what. How is Ferreira a better option? He hardly has any pace. I think Bosingwa did well yesterday.

He left us exposed sooo many times, if luiz wasn't so quick we would've payed for his inadequate defending. I think if we had a better option at RB, Bossingwa would make a descent winger.

Bossingwa would make a descent winger.

Never, you expect a winger to have some crossing ability... at least to get it past the first man and not over everybody's heads out of play. Where are the Beckhams of crossing nowadays?

Pace isn't everything. He could be the quickest player in world football but it won't improve his defending at set pieces, or his crossing ability, or his lack of concentration and awareness of what is around him.

Ferreira is an accomplished and experienced DEFENDER. Defending should be the main strength of any defender IMO, and ability going forward is a bonus. Ferreira was one of our best players against Fulham.

Never, you expect a winger to have some crossing ability... at least to get it past the first man and not over everybody's heads out of play. Where are the Beckhams of crossing nowadays?

Not necessarily...he can be another malouda but on the right. :P

Mindlessly wandering up the pitch really quick in a straight line doesn't constitute ''good attacking''. His crossing is atrocious, is prone to giving the ball away very high up the pitch and is even worse at tracking back after surrendering possession. I even read someone mentioning he has attacking 'flair', which made me laugh my head off.

I realize he's often one of the favourite scapegoats on this forum when things don't go our way, but to me he's a decent squad player not particulary adept at either of the jobs you'd expect of a fullback.

Yes, exactly my feelings as well. He is okay, he has improved a great deal this season but he is still only okay. We should try and get someone better if available.

Could you tell me who has been a better RB than him in the league so far?