Fernando Torres

Melanicus

Fernando Torres' Future...  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Fernando Torres?

• Keep him, give him time, he will make it.
    • Sell him, he is a big flop.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because? i doubt the club will sell him if he continues playing well.

Different scenario if he asks to leave though.

He's still quite average. Work rate's there and even finishing, but there's no way you can trust him after this season to lead the line. At least now we can get some more money out of him, we need a different type of striker. Not the type that's Torrres.

Should Drogba not extend his contract(likely) and Kalou possibly not either(sadly) then he should stay, maybe not start unless he scores in most of the remaining games this year. Anyway class is permanent, form is temporary... but if he doesn't get sold or score buckets of goals then maybe we should get a top quality striker in! Maybe even give Romelu a chance to rival him for the starting spot.

He's still quite average. Work rate's there and even finishing, but there's no way you can trust him after this season to lead the line. At least now we can get some more money out of him, we need a different type of striker. Not the type that's Torrres.

Disagree, he's anything but average. Only thing about him that is average is perhaps his finishing atm.

Another type of striker - most of the strikers we're linked too are exactly Torres' type, but Torres is better in terms of overall contribution.

This, we can't forget he's been with us for more than a year. We can't take the risk, but I think he can stay and play him alongside Cavani.

This, we can't forget he's been with us for more than a year. We can't take the risk, but I think he can stay and play him alongside Cavani.

Don't think Cavani will like Torres making those runs to the near post during corners :P

Don't think Cavani will like Torres making those runs to the near post during corners :P

Torres has the quality. Didier is leaving. I don't think we can rely in the spanish after these season, but the quality is there. Good teams usually have more than one good striker in their squads.

I think Cavani + Torres is more likely to work than Drogba and Torres, because Didier is the kind of striker that works better alone playing with 2 genuine wingers to support him.

Don't forget Torres used to play with Kuyt at Liverpool, and that worked really fine. The fact we need another striker, doesn't mean we should kick Torres' ass.

Disagree, he's anything but average. Only thing about him that is average is perhaps his finishing atm.

Another type of striker - most of the strikers we're linked too are exactly Torres' type, but Torres is better in terms of overall contribution.

Nah, by different type I meant Cavani or Falcao as opposed to Higuain et al.

Torres has the quality. Didier is leaving. I don't think we can rely in the spanish after these season, but the quality is there. Good teams usually have more than one good striker in their squads.

I think Cavani + Torres is more likely to work than Drogba and Torres, because Didier is the kind of striker that works better alone playing with 2 genuine wingers to support him.

Don't forget Torres used to play with Kuyt at Liverpool, and that worked really fine. The fact we need another striker, doesn't mean we should kick Torres' ass.

That's an interesting one Henrique. The problem with this is, under this current system one of the players will get shifted wide and spend most of his time on the pitch there. If this partnership were to be given a chance, the manager's tactics and guidance will be pivotal in making them work at the same time.

If there is an offer over 40 million I'd take the money and run - get a right winger buy a creative midfielder. Keep either Drogba or Kalou as cover and play Lukaku and Sturridge as our main strikers next year. We gave Torres a full season, so it's about time we give em a look in leading the line. We already know that Sturridge can deal with EPL defender and I reckon Lukaku would be a handful as well.

Beyond next season Torres will have no resell value even if his goal scoring form picks up, if someone is offering us 40 million we should take it. Cause you have to remember Torres is also on quite big wages and has a history of injuries.

Even though Torres' not scoring, he is racking up a considerable amt of assists.

The assist aganist Benfica and several other games. But the problem is that he doesn't give 100% for every match... he sprungs up for 5 mins and gives an assist....

Even though Torres' not scoring, he is racking up a considerable amt of assists.

The assist aganist Benfica and several other games. But the problem is that he doesn't give 100% for every match... he sprungs up for 5 mins and gives an assist....

Heavily Disagree, Torres works hard for long periods of the Match, he's at least providing an option up front, does an ok job at holding up the ball, nice Link up play, Good amount of Assists, is getting into scoring positions, is having shots at goal and is even popping the odd one in. If he starts scoring somewhat consistently than he'd be worth keeping around and can lead our line.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You