Fernando Torres

Melanicus

Fernando Torres' Future...  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Fernando Torres?

• Keep him, give him time, he will make it.
    • Sell him, he is a big flop.

Thats true -party thug that he is.

''A player in a muti million pound deal but the new club weren't told about the drug test''

Mmm if it was Torres, the drug would have to be ketamin or skunk

He fits in well with the scousers anyway, Pikey that he is.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep the excuses coming guys. it's fantastic

Thou shall not loan out or sell a striker whose goals to game ratio and overall performance /contribution to the team in the last 9 months makes Steven Fletcher of Wolves look like super world class striker

Let's give him 20 years to prove his worth and only then can a definite judgment about him be justified :rolleyes:

I honestly don't know why the fans are over-reacting especially after AVB gave reasons as to why he dropped him.

I'm not a Torres fan, but I think a lot of people are over-reacting after the last game.

With two of the main performers in Mata and Sturridge being taken out during the game, I wasn't expecting much after that. I believe Torres hardly had a sniff of the ball.

AVB made it clear he wants to get the the rest of the team playing good football and creating chances first. ( ATm, its obvious less than half the squad is playing at its best). This will make it easier for Fernando to slot in and benefit from that. It makes it easier for him to regain form. Remember 09-10 when the team played superb no matter who came in (Deco, Belleti, Mikel,Cole,etc) to replace the player that was injured/suspended?

Torres + Malouda on the pitch together = Torres failure. Malouda could have assisted to him or his other team mates when he was just outside the box against Sunderland but he decided to shoot himself, and he shot it wide. Typical Malouda.

But with Meireles and Mata in the team now things will get better for Torres as a player and for us as a club. That being said, if he fails to improve until January I would not be too disappointed if the club considers loaning him. I just hope this is temporary and he isn't done, because he's a wonderful footballer and a great finisher.

He fits in well with the scousers anyway, Pikey that he is.

Well it looks like the main bloke was Gary o Connor.

- theyve mentioned Italian backroom staff under Ranieri who put the players on Iron Drips. One Chelsea nutitionist at the Bridge ( Fred Wadsworth) wanted nothing to do wiith it , said it was dangerous..

I know for a fact that cocaine is fucking rampant in football, and Mutu was just an example. Its not surprising with players tested on avearge once every 3 years, some only once in eight years

- theyve mentioned Italian backroom staff under Ranieri who put the players on Iron Drips. One Chelsea nutitionist at the Bridge ( Fred Wadsworth) wanted nothing to do wiith it , said it was dangerous..

I know for a fact that cocaine is fucking rampant in football, and Mutu was just an example. Its not surprising with players tested on avearge once every 3 years, some only once in eight years

Probably should be a thread in General Football banter but football clearly doesn't test as much as it should. Cycling has a reputation for drugs but aside from being true, it's also because there's a lot of testing and therefore attention to the issue. Just because you don't hear about it as much in football doesn't mean there aren't drugs--just that the powers that be have turned a blind eye. If cycling with its puny income inspires such cheating why wouldn't football where the finances are astronomical? Check out baseball and the "Steriods Era" as the prime example of see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, therefore there's no evil approach.

Nothing is impossible but I didn't have much worry about Torres and cocaine. But I wouldn't mind some discussion of Spain, it's overall sports programs and if they've 'explored new and innovative' techniques and sports medicines the last decade or so. The explosion in Spain's sporting successes is probably mainly about proper infrastructure, support and training...but I wouldn't be surprised if there was an edge elsewhere. Spanish cycling is notoriously shy about stamping out drugs amongst its own riders.

Disapointed tbh, they made out it would be a top premiership footballer. just seems like it's going on alot in football and they are getting away with it.

My last and final time i mention torres negatively on here. Firstly i dont think the fans criticising him on here is harsh and unfair in the slightest, only speaking as we find and as long as we dont start booing at games is more than just. They get paid an awful alot of money and take all the plaudits when doin well(gettin 50 mill transfers) so i dont think a bit of criticism from fans is fair. Secondly i do think its a confidence thing, when he started well against stoke he looked different in his attitude and performance. But its blatantly obvious his confidence seems to srop with every bad touch. He looks like hes scared to run into the box incase he gets a chance. It might be a case happening more often with modern players. The more scrutiny that footballers get now must play on there minds and ive also started to think that maybe the way the reserves has changed for footballers the last 5 years or so doesnt help. It was common practise for struggling players to drop to reserves to get the confidence up and start scoring in games. The whole reserve set up has changed now and basically cdnt happen. If he was to drop in reserves it would be back page news, sky sports news and everything else and that definately wudnt help. Basically the unfortunate fact is there is know where for him to go to regain his confidence and we might have to accept letting him go abroad. Joe cole came on for lille and looked like the old joe away from media scrutiny as he always relied on confidence and struggled at l'pool. I hope torres comes good but im 80 percent in my own opinion that its too hard for him and he hasnt the character to turn it around.

He hasn't even played 90 minutes this season!

He has been playing well, but AVB has been idiotic in terms that he hasn't given him the chance with a full game! He seems to not like playing strikers for full games, and the fact it's only been a few game sinto the season should be another factor. We have more options - which he hasn't played with yet - which we should have lowered, We have SIX strikers! We need to let go the likes of Anelka, Kalou and maybe even Drogba in the summer. Torres for me, has only 'just' signed for me. This is a new season, a new manager and a new way of playing - not even the team has bounded to AVB's style of play yet!

Granted -- the reported words he has supposedly said were a little 'betrayal' to his team mates -- but hopefully it was a mistranslation. The problem for me is that without Lampard's finally attacking prowess, he doesn't really have any positive support from the midfeild that previous forwards have had. Look at Miereles's pass to Sturridge, superb! Now, if he can do that for Torres with both Mata and Sturridge on the left and right flank (which i think won't happen as AVB sees Danny as a full-on striker), we could have a deadly attack. But, unless we can fully work as a unit in the same universal language, then we won't be getting 100% from everyone!

keep the excuses coming guys. it's fantastic

Thou shall not loan out or sell a striker whose goals to game ratio and overall performance /contribution to the team in the last 9 months makes Steven Fletcher of Wolves look like super world class striker

Let's give him 20 years to prove his worth and only then can a definite judgment about him be justified :rolleyes:

I don't know where is the matter with Steven Fletcher, he is one of the players that I mainly see as a possible replacement for Anelka next summer. But all depends to Sturridge's evolution. Fletcher is an incredible striker, he has the vision of a genuine #10 and is a clinical finisher, his controls and first touches are just excellent

Otherwise I think you should go to Torres' thread, laura90 has just made an excellent post. I doubt it will change your mind but one never knows

The cokehead is ex-Birmingham striker Garry O'Connor...hardly a secret when the Scottish press was all over it for months..

I'm really disappointed to be frank, I expected a bit better :( Even more than O'Connor's coke problems are not recent and are well known, I did already read about it several times.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You