Fernando Torres

Melanicus

Fernando Torres' Future...  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Fernando Torres?

• Keep him, give him time, he will make it.
    • Sell him, he is a big flop.

I voted Sell him, he is a big flop. :lol:

The only thing that makes me happy is to think now are the last moments where we will find Fernando struggling. He has the fitness and the energy, seeing him play alongside Mata against Leverkusen (for me it was that AVB's coaching meant at the Stadium of Shite) is very positive and I'm sure he will launch his own season tomorrow. Or until a little 2 or 3 weeks to be wide

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pass completion rate in isolation tells you little about the player's passing ability, even less if you are talking about just one game. Drogba in last two seasons has had just as many assists as Torres in his entire career while being among the league leaders in chances created. And I shouldn't have to tell you about all the quality/crucial long passes he's made for us over the years. I can hardly remember one Torres made. And this isn't a knock on Fernando because Drogba's been one of the most complete forwards in the world.

too true, i have a problem when people drag a load of stats in to try and prove a point, they can be very useful sometimes but i think the idea that torres has even remotley played well since his arrival is a joke. Hes been awful bar the stoke game. The amount of excuses that have been made for him and now it appears its the rest of the teams fault hes shit. Forget all stats etc, id ask anyone to look at his body language when he plays and tell me its right, he doesnt look interested. Id accept we fucked up and take whatever we can get for him in jan and move on.

Let's revisit the excuses shall we.

From "Torres suffered series of injuries and hasn't been rested sufficiently in the last 2 years" - "he needs time to adapt to a new system" - "He can only function under a certain system" - "The lack of service is responsible for his woefully unbelievable form" and many more excuses.

Allow me the honor to contribute to the growing list of excuses made for Torres. "Global warming, the current situation with Ghadafi and Libya, recent England riot and the high unemployment and inflation rate in the UK and America" can also be attributed to his fall from grace.

Pass completion rate in isolation tells you little about the player's passing ability, even less if you are talking about just one game.

And picking out a bad pass from a 3 on 1 situation from the most recent game in isolation is as fair as pointing out a player couldn't complete 50% of his passes for a game.

And this isn't a knock on Fernando because Drogba's been one of the most complete forwards in the world.

I know Drogba is a more complete striker than Fernando. The point is Torres, the entire time he was at Liverpool, a tip of the spear striker. Has he been played like and played to like one since he's been at Chelsea? I'm not absolving him from blame but there's plenty to make you stop and think a bit isn't there?

And picking out a bad pass from a 3 on 1 situation from the most recent game in isolation is as fair as pointing out a player couldn't complete 50% of his passes for a game.

I am not the one who started looking at small samples to prove a point. I was rather trying to be sarcastic with that 3 on1 comment.

Guest justin_3d

A week ago the media were all over Frank, his days were numbered with the English squad because he was too old, too slow (sound familiar?). Then the next day it was Torres' turn with Spain. Then they come back to Cobham to train, game time Frank starts and Torres doesn't. All is forgotten about Frank in the media and his demise earlier in the week and now it's all Torres. Torres didn't have a good 15-20 minutes on Saturday but the noise level seems like he played 90+ minutes and missed chance after chance.

According to some AVB was a God because he had the balls to drop Torres. He's dropped Drogba, he's dropped Anelka, Kalou, Malouda, Torres. I say he's a God when he has the balls to drop Frank but that's just me.

Resume normal broadcasting, ie Torres bashing.

Torres last season deserves all the criticism he got from the press.

This season, i don't think so, despite not scoring goal.

He did good the first two games. The third he was bad, and this last one, he hardly got time.

So far this season for me he has done ok. But if you compare his standard to the past he is still sucking, but it's not as bad as last season.

And last your quote of

I say he's a God when he has the balls to drop Frank but that's just me.
:yes:

I've heard it's Andy Carroll. No shocker if it is.

Thats true -party thug that he is.

''A player in a muti million pound deal but the new club weren't told about the drug test''

Mmm if it was Torres, the drug would have to be ketamin or skunk

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You