Fernando Torres

Melanicus

Fernando Torres' Future...  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Fernando Torres?

• Keep him, give him time, he will make it.
    • Sell him, he is a big flop.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with our poor service to Torres, 1 goal in about 20 games is not acceptable. On a few other occasions he in fact could have scored with the most notable being against Wigan and Fulham. However, I firmly believe with the likes of Mata and Meireles we could well see Torres scoring again.

The service has been non existing...

Those who say that we need to sort team play before are absolutly spot on.

What if our team adopts to Andre's ideas until January and then Fernando starts scoring?

Selling him is too easy isn't it? That would mean that we failed not he.

Yep I agree to an extent, the only thing that concerns me is that if and when he plays for Spain (who provide some of the best service to strikers, with the likes of Xavi, Iniesta & Fabregas) he doesn't look much better. I mean fair enough in the WC he had a poor tournament I mean Rooney's was equally poor and look at him now. But I believe that the key to the problem is Torres with the Chelsea squad not really doing any favours, I mean most of the players seem to be trying to break in themselves so would rather get a goal themselves than pass it to Torres. But fingers crossed with Mata here and hopefully Torres focusing on football he should do well, I mean the main game he played well in was against Stoke and he was very unlucky that we weren't at our best and Stoke were being well...Stoke.

Even with our poor service to Torres, 1 goal in about 20 games is not acceptable. On a few other occasions he in fact could have scored with the most notable being against Wigan and Fulham. However, I firmly believe with the likes of Mata and Meireles we could well see Torres scoring again.

Yeah I remember the Wigan game where he only had to make the littlest contact with the ball to be one on one with the keeper. Benayoun also made a very nice pass to Torres near the end which Fernando probably should have scored, but he blew both chances.

I doubt we will let him go out on loan no matter how bad his form is, afterall he cost 50 million and he is a household name which is pretty important for the club to have.

I've always said give him a chance, he will come good. I still hope that if he gets a regular run of games in a side that also includes Mata, Meireles and Sturridge it might really help him because they are the kind of players he needs to succeed. That being said, if it were up to me and he was still in the kind of form he is now come January and Milan are offering Pato in exchange for Torres Id bet Milan's hand off, infact Id throw in Kalou to sweeten the deal.

It's extraordinary the frenzy that swells on a turn of a dime. Three weeks ago we were optimistic that Torres was going to be much better this season but in one week's time, he's been dropped by Spain, dropped by Chelsea and had a poor 15 minutes in the most recent game. And it seems all of the frustrations have blown the top off the volcano. Whereas if you step back, you would see a striker who was relative to his teammates; MOTM in his first game, good in his 2nd game, below par in his 3rd and poor in a brief sub appearance. Can you honestly say as a center forward he received adequate service? If he had good service during the Stoke and in his fine form, grabbed a goal or two, how different would the situation be now? Has he had a chance to play with the faster and more creative players in the team? Has he fluffed chance after chance?

And Drogba is a better passer than Torres? Maybe. But in the Norwich game, he didn't even complete 50% of his passes.

Torres can't score for Spain even with their great midfielders, yadda, yadda...except the facts show he's only started two games for them since the WC, scored a brace in one of them and a concussion in the other. He's played the equivalent of 3 halves of football for Spain in the last 14 months and has 3 goals. His scoring rate is every 98 minutes. David Villa has 7 goals but has started 12 games and scores every 116 minutes. Am I saying Torres is better than Villa or that he shouldn't have been dropped? No of course not, but having a look at those facts tell me that Torres can be criticized but the shitstorm he endures in ratio to his time on the pitch is undeserved.

Also how do you explain that even when Torres was at his absolute peak, he was never the star striker for Spain?

What's the long-winded point then? Just step back a bit, let's see if he can play with the evolving line-up AVB is putting out there. With the the addition of Mata, Meireles and return of Sturridge, you have much more different team than the one against Stoke, WBA and Norwich. Can I guarantee Torres will perform. I wish, but of course not. But how about simply giving him and the team some time? Because the fact that is lost in the past hours of slinging is he's not played a single minute with that team.

I understand the criticism of Torres and even more so the frustration. I'm just astounded by the eruption within the last 24 hours though.

A week ago the media were all over Frank, his days were numbered with the English squad because he was too old, too slow (sound familiar?). Then the next day it was Torres' turn with Spain. Then they come back to Cobham to train, game time Frank starts and Torres doesn't. All is forgotten about Frank in the media and his demise earlier in the week and now it's all Torres. Torres didn't have a good 15-20 minutes on Saturday but the noise level seems like he played 90+ minutes and missed chance after chance.

According to some AVB was a God because he had the balls to drop Torres. He's dropped Drogba, he's dropped Anelka, Kalou, Malouda, Torres. I say he's a God when he has the balls to drop Frank but that's just me.

Resume normal broadcasting, ie Torres bashing.

Yes, media started it again. I heard that they were asking stupid questions about Torres at the press conference today.

That's the problem on this forum, some are just naive and believe the media. Don't you see that they are playing with Chelsea?

I don't know if the media started it but honestly reading Chelsea boards/forums today, I feel like I've walked into a shit stirring conference led by the Sun, People, and Daily Fail. It's really bizarre and fascinating how crowds can turn savage.

It's the same with the interview, another molehill turning into a mountain. Sure Torres should have been more discreet but really, is it headline news? Did they read the entire interview? Or is it enough to go nuclear on one or two sentences he uttered? Isn't this the equivalent of when Kalou said that there were players who sulked when they weren't picked for games? And in the way he worded it, implying it was Torres? Did that they make the top story for all the papers? Was it investigated by the club? Did he get fined? Did we care about on the board? How many posts or threads were devoted to that one utterance by Kalou? Furthermore, that interview was out about 4 or 5 days ago. Did it cause a frenzy amongst Chelsea fans? Not that I could tell, but now that it's being 'investigated', let's see how something that was merely 'meh' 48 hours ago is going to turn into the world's greatest problem ever. Ever.

You never get this undermining of the club with Man Yernited....

That said, I just heard AVB on t'wireless saying that he wants a translation of El Ninos comments -if the translation comes back that he was slagging off the others for being slow, I dont think it bodes well for Fernando the Wonderhorse -....... ''when in a hole you stop digging''

And Drogba is a better passer than Torres? Maybe. But in the Norwich game, he didn't even complete 50% of his passes.

Pass completion rate in isolation tells you little about the player's passing ability, even less if you are talking about just one game. Drogba in last two seasons has had just as many assists as Torres in his entire career while being among the league leaders in chances created. And I shouldn't have to tell you about all the quality/crucial long passes he's made for us over the years. I can hardly remember one Torres made. And this isn't a knock on Fernando because Drogba's been one of the most complete forwards in the world.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You