Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Again, I like Raul but he's neither a DM or CAM which would address some of Chelsea's issues. But as a box to box who isn't much of a defensive force or a creator, why sign him? He'll be good for the odd goal but Lampard already does that.

If he does come...I would start him in front of Lampard, Raul had a better season in 2010-11, he's younger and his legs are still good.

ive never really seen the fuss about RM, a bit odd that pool would want to sell him after one season,maybe hes been causing unrest behind the scenes?

Think it's more a case of Daglish wanting to play his new Brit signings. Kuyt and Raul were dropped to the bench for the first game. Aquilani and Rodriguez weren't even part of the subs. I'm hoping it all goes wrong for Daglish but who knows, maybe it's a matter of clicking and Downing/Adam/Henderson will take over the world.

No offense guys, but if I'd know that AVB wants him, and you say we don't need him, I think I'll trust Andre.

Just saying, 'cause I wouldn't be surprised if Roman brings him just like he brought Zhirkov or Torres, as a personal toy.

Anyway, I wouldn't be mad if we sign him, even if we really don't need him. But don't forget that Essien is injured and we don't know when or if he will ever completely recover. Ramires can't take Mikel's place, in my opinion. Ramires is not a DM.

No offense guys, but if I'd know that AVB wants him, and you say we don't need him, I think I'll trust Andre.

Just saying, 'cause I wouldn't be surprised if Roman brings him just like he brought Zhirkov or Torres, as a personal toy.

Anyway, I wouldn't be mad if we sign him, even if we really don't need him. But don't forget that Essien is injured and we don't know when or if he will ever completely recover. Ramires can't take Mikel's place, in my opinion. Ramires is not a DM.

Neither is Meireles.

You're wrong. He can play there.

I've only seen him play for Liverpool and he's best in the center but not as a DM. He had a good if brief partnership with Lucas and Lucas was more the DM.

But if he played DM in Portugal then fine, I can't speak to that.

Part of RM's problem at Liverpool, other than being at Liverpool, was managers (Hodgson and Dalglish) pushing him out wide to accomodate Gerrard. The wide role didn't get the best out of him.

Aquilani is a more creative CM than Meireles though. He looks like a stiff wind could blow him over but he's creative and has an eye for pass and movement in the final 3rd. He had a good season with Juventus on loan but they couldn't agree on a price with Liverpool to bring him back permanently. He looked pretty good playing against Spain for Italy in the recent friendly.