Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Juan Mata

BlueLion.
Followers 4

And Silva is the PL champion. And more likely to start for Spain. And I think, a better passer.

Both are great, I don't think there's any need to denigrate Silva. When on form, Silva is amazing to watch.

• Like 2
  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MATA'S letter on his website "I never forget: thanks, Chelsea!" Juan Mata Chelsea goodbye with an emotional letter Hi everyone, As you can imagine this is a very important day in my life, and with the

Posted Images

And Silva is the PL champion. And more likely to start for Spain. And I think, a better passer.

Both are great, I don't think there's any need to denigrate Silva. When on form, Silva is amazing to watch.

Agreed Silva is an excellent player, and I would say, being a couple of years older than Mata is just about hitting his prime right now.

What I do think bodes well though is that Mata, for me, has had a much stronger first season in the prem for us than Silva did for City. And that is also considering two thirds of the season he was not played in his favoured position in the centre, instead operating from the wing. I expect Mata to push on and be even better next season, sending the assist machine into overdrive!

Whoever wrote this needs to punched in the face!

http://www.soccerplay.net/mata-happy-at-chelsea/24610

As a result of a particularly successful 2011-12 season which yielded the FA Cup and the UEFA Champions League, the Spaniard has been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge.

Mata believes the pattern of the Premier League is fast changing, claiming it is in contrast to that of the Spanish league, which is dominated by two major clubs.

The former Valencia playmaker made it known that he is happy where he is and “little by little the style of football is changing in England,” and claimed the English game is losing its trademark physicality.

In a recent interview with Spanish news agency EFE, the young winger said, “In the Premier League more teams have a chance of winning the title. It is not like that in Spain where unless you play for Real Madrid or Barcelona it is pretty much impossible.”

It's from a relative unknown site but still. :rant:

Lmao, i remember when we first signed him, saw a couple Liverpool fans say he's not that good, because he didn't impress against them in a fucking preseason game :rolleyes:

if he plays in the olympics, is he gonna miss a big part of our preseason? we need him around our new signings

Juan Mata is in the Euro Squad so I don't think he can play at the Olympics.

There is a reason why I bought a Mata 10 shirt this year. And the reason is: Mata is an amazing player.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/key-chelsea-midfielder-set-to-miss-out-on-start-of-next-season-if?xg_source=shorten_twitter

Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata could be set to miss the start of next after he reiterated his desire to represent Spain in the Olympics. Mata is away with his country for Euro 2012 and even though the English FA decided that no player would take part part in both competitions, the Spanish haven't done likewise.

The final of Euro 2012 is on July 1st and the Olympic tournament runs from July 26th to August 11th. Chelsea are involved in the Community Shield on August 12th and will be starting the Premier League season the week after.

If Mata is involved in both tournaments, which he wants to be, then it's likely he'd miss some Chelsea games. He'd need a rest after taking part in two competitions in which Spain are expected to go far, and after playing an impressive 54 games for Chelsea last season it's a wondered he's not shattered already.

The midfielder is quoted by AS today as saying "I still think I want to play in London and win the gold medal."

To take part in the Olympics a player must have been born on or after 1 January 1989, Mata was born in 1988 so Chelsea may be able to refuse his participation in much the same way Sir Alex Ferguson did with Mexican striker Javier Hernandez.

However, given his determination to win a gold medal, there could be disagreements ahead on this one.

Not what I want to hear. Really hope Mata won't be going. Need him fit and fresh as possible for next season.

• Like 1