Juan Mata

Severinb

Do you honestly believe that? Don't you think, if Mata has a big role to play, he would have been given substantial chances over the past few months and trusted more? He has been treated as if he was Benayoun.

He has started plenty. He would still be seeing minutes too if he didnt have a meltdown the last time he was subbed.

As I said before, now that we have a proper CM pairing with Matic and whoever, I think that playing Mata at number 10 shouldn't be such a problem anymore for Jose. Jose should utilise Mata's skill sets in the right way, especially against teams that sit deep and pack 11 men behind the ball. Mata would be ideal at number 10 in those situations - especially if he had a solid CM behind him.

Hopefully Jose tries this but I doubt it. The thing is we've actually played pretty well over our last couple of games.

To me, Mata should be sold so he can save his career. He's too good to be a benchwarmer. I wouldn't want to sell him to United though, unless it was a ridiculous offer.

It's mind blowing how a player who was our star player for the last 2 years can just be dropped like that out of the blue for ridiculous reasons like "he doesn't track back" he's a fooking number 10 ffs. did Ronaldinho, Riquelme and Kaka "track back" when they were playing as no10's?

Oscar can do all these tackles/pressing because he used to play as a CM in Brazil. Oscar is a good player, wherever you play him, he's going to do the job. Mata is different, he's not complete, but there are only a few players in the world that have similar vision, creativity and passing like him in the world. Oscar obviously scored/assisted more this year and that's because he's playing week in week out. Mata didn't get a fair shot, and that's whats pissing me off the most.

Yes, it also pisses me off that Oscar is playing so well as the #10 for us. Arghhh who cares if the team performs well when my favorite player is on the bench!!! Booo Mourinho!!!

Needs to get 90 minutes at the weekend. Without a doubt.

Will start to question Jose if he doesn't.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Start questioning Jose when he sucks at his job, not because you disagree with his team selection LOL.
Granted Mata definitely deserves more respect than Torres, this whole saga reminds me of the Torres dilemma of last 3 years. Some people care more about the player than the team.

Needs to get 90 minutes at the weekend. Without a doubt.

Will start to question Jose if he doesn't.

So you're going to question Mourinho if the player that you want to get 90 minutes doesn't get them at the weekend, regardless of the result and regardless of said player's performance?

:rolleyes:

Well, Mata was our no10 for 2 years and it worked perfectly... so why is Jose starting Oscar in that role?

No it didn't work perfectly. It wasn't solely down to Mata, but we were a soft team for a lot of that time. We were disjointed between midfield and attack whereas now we're a much more cohesive, harder-working unit. Jose is starting Oscar in that role because he thinks he can win more games that way.

There are some people who really need to have a word with themselves because they're spouting a lot of shit, not just about Mata but about their fellow Chelsea supporters. No-one has derided him as the Spanish Charlie Adam as one miserable soul as suggested. The constant shrieking accusations from certain members that the club have treated him disgracefully are beyond pathetic too. For the first time in years we have a manager who is world-class and getting results, and because he chooses not to play one player (instead picking other world-class players) people act like spoilt little children. It's embarrassing. We beat Man United at the weekend with ease and people are willing to question Mourinho if ONE player doesn't get 90 minutes in the next match? :rolleyes: