Juan Mata

Severinb

Mata will give them the margin they need to sign a quality CM. By signing Mata, they will be able to deal Kagawa + $$$ for Gundogan.

Kagawa came to united for cheap.

I highly doubt he would be sold for a lot.

If they can get in someone of Mata's quality as well as another CM then they'll have done extremely well this market.

RVP

Januzaj Rooney Mata

Would easily be the best front four in the World. Mata would get more games in his preferred position while Van Persie ages/struggles with injuries as well but I imagine they'll give him a free role when he's fit.

Signing Mata would be a real statement of intent and I imagine they'll go in for a Top CM in the summer.

Van Persie has only had 2 PL seasons where he's played more than 30 games...those last two seasons weren't the norm.

That is not the best front four in the world. It's not even the best front 4 in England and teams aren't based on front fours - they're based on 11 players.

Who is this other CM by the way? None of their main targets want to join them. Signing a player off the bench of a team who is 12 points ahead of you is hardly that great a statement, especially when Moyes is still the manager.

A player that far down the pecking order can't be that good. sell that average luxury player and use some of the funds to buy a hardworking player like lee cattermole that will fit the jose system I say.

Actually we'd probably sign a winger, not another midfielder.

Technically it means nothing. The first story was that they would make a bid, they've just confirmed they haven't yet made a bid. Doesn't mean they won't, aren't preparing one etc.

Maybe this wakes a few other clubs up to the possibility of signing Mata though. If PSG came in with a similar bid, would there be any objections?

If they can get in someone of Mata's quality as well as another CM then they'll have done extremely well this market.

RVP

Januzaj Rooney Mata

Would easily be the best front four in the World. Mata would get more games in his preferred position while Van Persie ages/struggles with injuries as well but I imagine they'll give him a free role when he's fit.

Signing Mata would be a real statement of intent and I imagine they'll go in for a Top CM in the summer.

But mata will still end up playing on the wings :cry:

Not a good move for us and for him.

Stewart Downing it is then. he's hard working and can get stuck in. he's a match made in heaven for "our system"

Saying he's hard-working defensively is like saying Rio Ferdinand wasn't pacy in his younger days.

I know you think you're being 'honest and unbiased' but it's just coming off like bitterness and moaning. No-one wants to see Mata leave but there doesn't seem to be a place for him, so offers like this aren't to be dismissed off-hand.

There are possibly players out there who we could buy to make our team even better, like a striker maybe.

"Doesn't fit in our system" is the biggest bullshit I've read on this forum. And it's sad that the bigger part of this forum seems to agree on that one.

He is one of the best 10 in the world, better than Oscar. If he lacks some work rate, tackling, or other stuff, then you as a team should compensate that because his attacking abilities are just too good.

Would be fucking disgusting to sell him to United.

- Disagrees that Mata doesn't fit our system.

- Claims system should change to fit Mata's abilities.

You seem confused there mate.

A player that far down the pecking order can't be that good. sell that average luxury player and use some of the funds to buy a hardworking player like lee cattermole that will fit the jose system I say.

Lol.

But if it was just hardwork, shurrle will be ahead of hazard or willian. So no

Look - I'm sad it's come to this for Mata

BUT BIGGER PICTURE

Mata isn't going to play for Jose :(

Utd are no longer titles rivals and if we sell Mata we can hope Utd can take points off the teams around us

We need a striker. A deal now with Mata and an option on Rooney in the summer is a sensible move - REALLY sensible...

Like I said gutted - but sometimes you gotta have a little pain - this should (hopefully) be the final nail in the transition coffin!!!

A deal now with Mata and an option on Rooney in the summer is a sensible move - REALLY sensible...

I have NO doubts Rooney would want to come to Chelsea. The only thing keeping this from happening besides United's resistance to sell him to us is the taboo of joining your club's direct rival. But if Chelsea was to sell Mata to United, it would certainly break the ice and make things much more smooth.