Juan Mata

Severinb

And where would Mata play?

On the wings?

You mean the same situation Coutinho is in where he has gone awol since the return of both Suarez and Daniel.

What does it matter where he would play? why do you care? since he doesn't add any significant value to us and doesn't fit jose's style according to you.

What does it matter where he would play? why do you care? since he doesn't add any significant value to us and doesn't fit jose's style.

What?

Ive been saying in this whole thread to sell Mata this whole time... to raise funds for other players..

If he goes to United, so be it. However, people think that he would automatically excel there are in for a surprise.

oh yeah lets sell another player and strenghten our rivals. like we did with sturridge. great idea. if our board really sells him to them, while they fucked us over rooney, i have lost any faith in the board and Mourinho. you have to be deluded to strengthen a rival that way. he could shine in their 4-4-2 system as a second striker.

With Cleverley and Carrick still in the middle?

Anyone who watched them at the weekend can see that their problems lie deeper than who they've got as a second striker (Rooney seems to be occupying that space at the moment and he has 9 goals and 8 assists, which is better than Eden Hazard's return). Plus £40 million for a bench player is a lot of money.

What does it matter where he would play? why do you care? since he doesn't add any significant value to us and doesn't fit jose's style according to you.

Because people are analysing this deal and it's effects. He may not suit our system, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. That seems to be the concept that is confusing you.

Surely it also depends who we get as a replacement....maybe a player who we can actually play without compromising the system??

What?

Ive been saying in this whole thread to sell Mata this whole time... to raise funds for other players..

If he goes to United, so be it. However, people think that he would automatically excel there are in for a surprise.

Let's wait and see then

Apparently, a potential transfer of Mata to United is being extensively speculated by several media outlets. There is no smoke without fire guys. And this type of buzz is always typical before a big transfer. This could actually happen!!

And the fact that it's reached this stage means that the board is at least thinking about it...

This is gonna be a long week.

If United were smart, they would go all out for a cm...

Not another attacking player.

That's the thing....United can't get a CM. They want a Gundogan or a Herrera or a Fabregas or a Koke.

Mata is only being linked because he might actually be available. If they could have their pick of players to get I doubt Mata would be in the top 8. The player they really need is probably Matic. :P

Because people are analysing this deal and it's effects. He may not suit our system, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. That seems to be the concept that is confusing you.

Surely it also depends who we get as a replacement....maybe a player who we can actually play without compromising the system??

Oh really I didn't know that. I thought he was the main reason behind our failures in previous years and just an average luxury player at best. you learn something new everyday.

Oh really I didn't know that. I thought he was the main reason behind our failures in previous years and just an average luxury player at best. you learn something new everyday.

He's a very good player. There just doesn't seem to be a place for him in the current team which is why this speculation is around.

The main objection doesn't seem to be that we might lose our 2 time POTY, but that he might go to a rival. That probably shows where he is right now in the pecking order.

That's the thing....United can't get a CM. They want a Gundogan or a Herrera or a Fabregas or a Koke.

Mata is only being linked because he might actually be available. If they could have their pick of players to get I doubt Mata would be in the top 8. The player they really need is probably Matic. :P

I heard they were looking into Reus...

Next season, I expect one of the two from BVB to be sold....

If they can get in someone of Mata's quality as well as another CM then they'll have done extremely well this market.

RVP

Januzaj Rooney Mata

Would easily be the best front four in the World. Mata would get more games in his preferred position while Van Persie ages/struggles with injuries as well but I imagine they'll give him a free role when he's fit.

Signing Mata would be a real statement of intent and I imagine they'll go in for a Top CM in the summer.

He's a very good player. There just doesn't seem to be a place for him in the current team which is why this speculation is around.

The main objection doesn't seem to be that we might lose our 2 time POTY, but that he might go to a rival. That probably shows where he is right now in the pecking order.

A player that far down the pecking order can't be that good. sell that average luxury player and use some of the funds to buy a hardworking player like lee cattermole that will fit the jose system I say.