Juan Mata

Severinb

I don't understand why Jose keeps insisting on Mata's importance when he clearly doesn't fit into his plans. He's a top player who has been big for our team those past 2 years, the least he should do is be honest to him.

Ancelotti allowed Ozil to leave during the summer because he admitted it would be difficult to fit him in his team, and Mata is not even close to him in terms of talent. I think Jose is pretty much done trying to find his best starting 11 and I doubt players are still being picked on their form.

Now unless Juan is satisfied with playing second figures risking to lose his spot at the WC, he should be informed about his situation at the club and allowed to leave if he wishes to.

As much as I want him to stay, he needs to leave for his own good.

Can't believe we're actually still seeing Ramires playing on the right side. it's ridiculous the number of games Ramires has played this year.

If Mata was as bad as Oscar or Hazard were today, he'd been substituted in half time. double standards of peace. it's clear that Jose doesn't like him for some reason and he should cut the nonsense and give everyone a fair chance

A player a who scored 19 goals and 35 assists last year can't even get a start in 2 games in a row? BS. it's no rocket science that he's the only player who creates chances for our strikers. Hazard always cuts in and prefer to shoot, Oscar is all about tackling and individual moments. Look at Torres goals last year, more than half of them were created by Juan. our strikers are not getting chances, they have to depend on themselves to create something out of nothing. cahill created 2 of samuel's goals today ffs.

it's no rocket science that he's the only player who creates chances for our strikers.

cahill created 2 of samuel's goals today ffs.

:blink:

It's a cheap shot but Oscar isn't just being selected to create chances. He gives us creativity in other ways, like forcing the opposition to turn the ball over with his pressing. Of all Mata's many skills, this isn't one and that's why he isn't playing at the moment. It's not a personal vendetta, it's not a conspiracy and it doesn't seem to be affecting the team.

Can't believe we're actually still seeing Ramires playing on the right side. it's ridiculous the number of games Ramires has played this year.

If Mata was as bad as Oscar or Hazard were today, he'd been substituted in half time. double standards of peace. it's clear that Jose doesn't like him for some reason and he should cut the nonsense and give everyone a fair chance

A player a who scored 19 goals and 35 assists last year can't even get a start in 2 games in a row? BS. it's no rocket science that he's the only player who creates chances for our strikers. Hazard always cuts in and prefer to shoot, Oscar is all about tackling and individual moments. Look at Torres goals last year, more than half of them were created by Juan. our strikers are not getting chances, they have to depend on themselves to create something out of nothing. cahill created 2 of samuel's goals today ffs.

Agreed. While Mata isn't the greatest at implementing Mourinho's high pressing and tackling strategies, you cannot deny that he possesses a level of technical ability and vision much superior to that of Willian, Oscar and even Hazard. Hard-working AMs are great, but in the majority of cases they can't play that killer, subtle and deft pass that we see with Mata all the time. Surely it says something when our CB (playing DM) Luiz has to take free-kicks where the best option is to shoot on goal because none of Willian, Hazard and Oscar can (or at least try to). It's a shame Mata doesn't fit into Mourinho's system because I think he is our best player technically and creatively.

Agreed. While Mata isn't the greatest at implementing Mourinho's high pressing and tackling strategies, you cannot deny that he possesses a level of technical ability and vision much superior to that of Willian, Oscar and even Hazard. Hard-working AMs are great, but in the majority of cases they can't play that killer, subtle and deft pass that we see with Mata all the time. Surely it says something when our CB (playing DM) Luiz has to take free-kicks where the best option is to shoot on goal because none of Willian, Hazard and Oscar can (or at least try to). It's a shame Mata doesn't fit into Mourinho's system because I think he is our best player technically and creatively.

I like the part where you mentioned no one can shoot free kicks. same with corner kicks/set pieces. It's been rare this year to get a good cross to our center backs from a corner. JT/Cahill/Ivanovic/Luiz always look for those crosses, today Cahill managed to get one header which led to a goal. I hate it when Willian and Hazard pass the ball instead of going for the kick when it comes to corners. we're good in the air, we score a lot from set pieces (rebounds included) no one crosses the ball better than Juan Mata. Oscar can win as many balls as he wants, but he'll never be a "magician". it's no brainer Oscar should be a CM with all the tackling/running he does.

When a defender asissts 2 goals and you take it as a negative note then you should really reconsider whatever you are taking brah.

I think the point is that if Cahill can make 2 assists, why can't our AMs make any?

It's not like our AMs didn't make any chance all season long. I don't want to come up with stats but not long ago Mata and Willian almost the same minutes played. He had his chance and blew it every single time.

It's not like our AMs didn't make any chance all season long. I don't want to come up with stats but not long ago Mata and Willian almost the same minutes played. He had his chance and blew it every single time.

If you take the game against Swansea (1-0) for example, twice did Mata play in Samuel Eto'o with 2 brilliant passes. Would he have been substituted and dropped for the next game if those 2 had resulted in goals, I wonder? Would you honestly say that any other AM in our team, apart from the occasional Hazard moment, can produce moments like that? Whilst there may be complaints about Mata's workrate and pressing/defending abilities, surely there is no denying that he is by far the best creative AM player we have, and hence he shouldn't be sidelined to the extent he has been.

This thread is really boring and predictable now

Pro mata (which i belong to btw) will argue that mata is our most creative player and should be getting more game time etc etc which is then always countered with the argument that he doesn't fit into jose's system and Oscar deserves to be ahead in the pecking order on the basis of his tactical superiority. wash rinse and repeat.

If he has any sense and knows what's best for his own career then he would push really hard for a transfer out of the club.

Sorry but I'm not going to sit here and accept the fact our player of the season for 2 straight years can't get get a start to the limit that Ramires is ahead of him on the right wing. players like Mata are rare, I'd gladly accept the fact Oscar has earned his place this year, but the lad isn't given a fair shot compared to the other 3. he has 1 game to prove himself and he's played out of position, then he's taken off at the 60'th minute. he played 90 minutes vs Arsenal and got MOTM. if Jose wants his wingers to track back/defend then Oscar should be on that right wing because he's the most hardworking player after Rami.

I'd accept Mata not tracking back/defending in ratio to the creativity he provides. Oscar works hard but he doesn't create enough chances. Mata can play with his back to the goal because his first touch is out of this world. Oscar is limited, not because he's not a good player; players like Mata are just naturally technically gifted.

Oscar- Ramires

-Willian-Mata-Hazard

I still can't believe we never tried this.

Sorry but I'm not going to sit here and accept the fact our player of the season for 2 straight years can't get get a start to the limit that Ramires is ahead of him on the right wing. players like Mata are rare, I'd gladly accept the fact Oscar has earned his place this year, but the lad isn't given a fair shot compared to the other 3. he has 1 game to prove himself and he's played out of position, then he's taken off at the 60'th minute. he played 90 minutes vs Arsenal and got MOTM. if Jose wants his wingers to track back/defend then Oscar should be on that right wing because he's the most hardworking player after Rami.

I'd accept Mata not tracking back/defending in ratio to the creativity he provides. Oscar works hard but he doesn't create enough chances. Mata can play with his back to the goal because his first touch is out of this world. Oscar is limited, not because he's not a good player; players like Mata are just naturally technically gifted.

Oscar- Ramires

-Willian-Mata-Hazard

I still can't believe we never tried this.

fixed this...

Matic - Oscar

Willian - Mata - Hazard

It will be a while.

Its no co-incidence that he hasn't started after his reaction to his substitution against Southampton.

Started? he hasn't played a single minute but has been on the bench each of those games as punishment :lol:

I went as far as stating I didn't think Jose would punish him for the bratty behavior. I do wonder how much of this is just a coincidence and how much it's José just showing him his place. As I said back then, in the never end saga of his behavior, I don't think Mourinho would have blasted him to the media. I still can't say (though I tend to think that way) he was more frustrated on Mourinho than on himself. But there had been chances for him to get even a few minutes ever since (not today though given the scoreline and ManUtd scoring) and I wonder why he wasn't given especially because in many matches before the incident he's been given some odd minutes. He couldn't get minutes against Derby for God's sake!!!

Just so we're clear (I mean everyone else, not you), I'm not saying Mourinho is punishing him, I'm saying it looks an awful lot like it, but I can't say for sure, ofc.

Also the same old with the stats... He's had 11 starts plus a few subs (that only in EPL, without considering the cups). That's more than enough matches for him to give us something and he did very, very, very little. Don't give me the right wing crap, first because it's no excuse for him to give us even the minimum, second, he's had many cameos (some matches even stayed more in the center than in the wing) in the middle position. The positioning detracts his performances, but it shouldn't be that much. Or are you people trying to say that Mata is so limited, but so limited, that unless he's a few yards to the left he can't provide an assist or score a goal?

He'll never be able to give us as many goals and assists in the right wing, in this kind of system (especially when he isn't given plenty of freedom to do whatever he wants and no tactical responsibility), but he should be more than capable of giving us more than 2 goals and 1 assist. So I see a difference of not repeating last season's results because of the new system and positioning, but I can't justify only 3 goals created by his feet in 15+ matches on that. For me that's called bad form.

It should have been a middle ground here, such as he's in a position where he doesn't produce as much, but still produces enough. He hasn't produced enough.

Hasnt played since he reacted negatively against Saints, think Mou is being a bit unfare especially after goin 3 up today, he could not hv fucked up a 3 goal margin to be honest, its best he leaves since its clear Mou does not rate him which is sad to be honest

I dont think the incident had anything to do with Mata's benching...

I think it was the fact Oscar was injured, therefore Mata got some run.. However, he recovered (that game) and now, Mata doesnt get any run....

The way I see it right now, its

Cam

1. Oscar

2. Willian

3. Hazard

4. Lampard

5. Mata

Left

1. hazard

2. Willian

3. Schurrle

4. Oscar