Juan Mata

Severinb

Yes I do, just pointing out his post doesn't make sense

The point was people stated Oscar was starting over Mata due to our incompetent CDMs.

Now that we have a competent one and apparently Mata is better according to a lot of people here, so, it would be logical that he would start according to their reasoning...

The point was people stated Oscar was starting over Mata due to our incompetent CDMs.

Now that we have a competent one and apparently Mata is better according to a lot of people here, it would be logical that he would start according to their reasoning...

LOL WHO SAID THAT? That is the biggest bs I have ever heard. LOL LOL LOL, anyone starting in CAM GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR CDM, it is for their ability to fit Jose's plan. Even if we had Ba and Eto'o playing CDM, Mata won't start for us at CAM. Who ever said that is really an idiot.

So, logically speaking, with the arrival of Matic, a proper CDM, Juan Mata should be able to get more game time..

However, if Mourinho doesnt play Mata........

Logically speaking, we should have strengthened our midfield 3 years ago already, so...

So, logically speaking, with the arrival of Matic, a proper CDM, Juan Mata should be able to get more game time..

However, if Mourinho doesnt play Mata........

Or less since people were trying to place Oscar back there since they were desperate for Mata to get game time.

Now that we have a competent one and apparently Mata is better according to a lot of people here, so, it would be logical that he would start according to their reasoning...

I think you're looking in a very simplistic way. The weak pivot makes Mata lack of energy and power to deal with the league's physicality worse, or looking the other way, Mata exposes an already weak pivot more. Having a stronger pivot behind him makes up for Mata's limitations to a extension, but he'll continue to have problems fitting in a system that requires high work-rate, pressing and is way more direct than he'd prefer. In addition to that Mata seems to prefer to have the ball on his foot instead of receiving it in the run - which happens quite happen with our system.

The reason why we weren't competitive in the past is because all the freedom Mata had gave too much space for opponents because our pivot couldn't make up for that amount of freedom. We've been competitive currently (with or without Mata) and that's because of the system we now have in place. Said system is more efficient without Mata because he doesn't fit that well. The question now is if Mata can adapt to the system because I don't see the system or Mourinho leaving any time soon. Weak pivot or not.

I think you're looking in a very simplistic way. The weak pivot makes Mata lack of energy and power to deal with the league's physicality worse, or looking the other way, Mata exposes an already weak pivot more. Having a stronger pivot behind him makes up for Mata's limitations to a extension, but he'll continue to have problems fitting in a system that requires high work-rate, pressing and is way more direct than he'd prefer. In addition to that Mata seems to prefer to have the ball on his foot instead of receiving it in the run - which happens quite happen with our system.

The reason why we weren't competitive in the past is because all the freedom Mata had gave too much space for opponents because our pivot couldn't make up for that amount of freedom. We've been competitive currently (with or without Mata) and that's because of the system we now have in place. Said system is more efficient without Mata because he doesn't fit that well. The question now is if Mata can adapt to the system because I don't see the system or Mourinho leaving any time soon. Weak pivot or not.

I already know this... This was a question to the people that claimed Oscar was only there and starting due to the lack of a legit pivot....

To your last point, if Mata cant adapt to the system, what does Mata bring than to the team?

I already know this... This was a question to the people that claimed Oscar was only there and starting due to the lack of a legit pivot....

To your last point, if Mata cant adapt to the system, what does Mata bring than to the team?

The same he does if he doesn't adapt (except without the liabilities): creativity, set-piece, splitting passes. He'll never be the guy that will bring energy, pace or excel defensively. If he adapts so he can't expose the midfield to the opponent, then it's all settled and I'd even to see us play 4-3-3 with Oscar in the midfield, Willian and Mata ahead of him and Hazard as a false 9. Or Hazard and Mata and a striker. but an adapted Mata works in a 4-2-3-1 too.

It's a big challenge for him to adapt though because his style is completely different. Let's see what happens. I don't want him to leave.

Would have been nice to see him on replacing oscar (not at his best today) instead of Mikel. We could have battered them then, man citeh style. Not joses way I suppose.

Still reckon mata will get his chance, when we need fresh legs in the twighlight of the season, as long as he is patient...

It's a disgrace the way Jose has treated Mata. Has he even seen the pitch since then? Embarrassing.

He does this crap at every club. Hate to see Mata treated this way. You're telling me it's a risk to play Mata even against Derby County or bring him on when we're 3-0 up with Oscar playing poorly?

Lol come on you know mata would have to spend some time on the bench after his outburst. He'll take the time off and come back stronger than ever. Mourinho has to make sure he maintains control over the squad.

It's a disgrace the way Jose has treated Mata.

Chelsea FC, not Mata FC. Jose could have him cleaning the giant video screens for all I care because Jose's job is to win matches...and guess what. :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

He does this crap at every club.

Wins?

Hate to see Mata treated this way.

1370362-wambulance5fw.jpg

Lol come on you know mata would have to spend some time on the bench after his outburst. He'll take the time off and come back stronger than ever. Mourinho has to make sure he maintains control over the squad.

Exactly. Could always be the making of Mata to turn him into a dynamic, pressing, hard-working effective member of the squad.
Unlikely and that's fine because we can flog him and buy someone who fits the system. But the system has to be king, not just for Oscar, not just for the team but so that every age-group side is working towards the same thing.

Would have been nice to see him on replacing oscar (not at his best today) instead of Mikel. We could have battered them then, man citeh style. Not joses way I suppose.

Still reckon mata will get his chance, when we need fresh legs in the twighlight of the season, as long as he is patient...

The irony was that Obi was brought on to ensure a clean sheet, and he ended up playing Hernandez onside. Granted United are always dangerous, but at 3-0 I wish Jose had just kept the same attacking formula instead of clogging up the midfield.