Juan Mata

Severinb

Just thinking out loud here and realised Mata last played on January 1st against Southampton.

If everybody is fit and available for the next game Mata will almost cetrainly not feature at all. He hasn't played a single minute against any of the big teams this season (Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Utd away). Mourinho clearly doesn't trust him in these games.

So with that said his next game may be in two weeks time against Stoke on the 26th. And even that's not a given considering he wasn't used against Hull yesterday.

The way i see " the Mata situation" atm is that he's a squad player with an enormous value,abit harsh on a two times player of the year player, i know but it doesnt change the fact that its the reality.

Its clear that he does not fit into Mourinho plans,atleast not to be in the frist 11,witch is a waste of his talent and his value, mainly because we could use improvements on other positions on the pitch and if you keep in mind that we still own Moses,who's a perfect Squad player ,shouldnt it be better to just let Mata go and invest the money in player we actually do need?

The way i see " the Mata situation" atm is that he's a squad player with an enormous value,abit harsh on a two times player of the year player, i know but it doesnt change the fact that its the reality.

Its clear that he does not fit into Mourinho plans,atleast not to be in the frist 11,witch is a waste of his talent and his value, mainly because we could use improvements on other positions on the pitch and if you keep in mind that we still own Moses,who's a perfect Squad player ,shouldnt it be better to just let Mata go and invest the money in player we actually do need?

In the summer maybe but not now, one in (Matic) and one out (KDB) is enough for the midseason window, anymore could disrupt the squad and we are starting to go up the geers.

he will be gone in the summer. but right now, there is no point specially since kdb is gone. if we sell mata now, we would be down to 4 AMs and even 1 injury could be devastating then.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/13/juan-mata-still-a-key-member-of-chelsea-squad-insists-jose-mourinho-4261249/

Juan Mata still has a big role to play in Chelsea’s season despite reports linking him with a move away from Stamford Bridge, according to manager Jose Mourinho.

The Spaniard has been cast aside this term, with Eden Hazard, Oscar and Willian taking centre-stage ahead of the Blues’ two-time Player of the Year, who has not featured in either of their last two matches.

But amid speculation Mata could be heading for the exit doors in this month’s transfer window, with current reports suggesting Bayern Munich are keen on the playmaker, Mourinho insists the 25-year-old will play a crucial role in the second half of the campaign.

‘The others [Oscar, Willian, Hazard], they are playing very well and the team is playing very well,’ Mourinho said.

‘But we need other players. If the game [at Hull] goes on being 0-0 then Mata is coming into the game as he is a fantastic player. But the game went into another direction, we scored and then after that my brain worked in another way.

‘But we need them. We need Mata, we need [Andre] Schurrle, we need these players as we cannot do it with three.

‘Maybe in February maybe some are not in the best form and Juan is coming at the top of his game.'

If there was a right-winger out there then I think Mata would already be gone. That seems to be the position we're lightest in although I think that Schurrle could do a job there. We've sold our 6th choice AM....selling our 5th choice to a team like PSG who are looking to win their league and might be looking for a boost in January isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

It's all well and good saying that we need him for squad depth but players of mata's stature aren't going to accept a bench role in the long term and if he does then he will be the exception to the rule also it's not as if he's old and past his prime neither. he should do what's best for his own career.

We should do everything we can to keep hold of Mata as even though we have a lot of similar attacking players, with a few injuries that could all change. No one in Jose's team is irreplaceable and Juan Mata at this moment doesnt add as much to the team as say a Oscar or Willian (who is in fine form at the moment). But to suggest he should leave the club is foolish. We should only let this happen when like KDB for example, he wants to leave.

Will never play a main role in a game that matters under Jose anymore, if I was him I would start contacting my agent thinking about the next destination, hopefully PSG/Monaco/Barca/Atletico/Milan/Dortmund or where ever that won't be a threat to us, anyone but those red Manchester cunts

So, logically speaking, with the arrival of Matic, a proper CDM, Juan Mata should be able to get more game time..

However, if Mourinho doesnt play Mata........

What? Matic got nothing to do with Mata because he is a CAM and Matic will play CDM?