Juan Mata

Severinb

Who the hell would want to play for Liverpool let alone live there?

:lol:

They do have their share of Spanish links though. Maxi, Riera, Reina ect. I'm sure they've all attempted to lure him. Like Ramires & Luiz are doing to Neymar :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

:offtopic: alert

I don't get one thing though. why does a £50 million striker NEED a certain type of player in order to score goals. I can't recall strikers like Odewinge, Darren Bent, Llorente requiring assistance from a world class playmaker in order to bang in goals last season and they didn't cost a fortune neither. some people just won't accept the fact that Torres has been shit for the past 2 seasons and past his prime. sometimes in life you just have to accept mistake and cut your losses.

I don't get one thing though. why does a £50 million striker NEED a certain type of player in order to score goals. I can't recall strikers like Odewinge, Darren Bent, Llorente requiring assistant from a world class playmaker in order to bang in goals last season and they didn't cost a fortune neither. some people just won't accept the fact that Torres has been shit for the past 2 seasons and past his prime.

You should notice that our play style is different then the one Torres needs. Our midfield is more on a energetic and strong side then on a technical and creative one, and our wingers can't deliver the cross or dribble their way in. How do you expect Torres to score then? He is in bad form, BUT if he scored a few he'd get his confidence back, and after a pre-season with us, I'm optimistic towards the future.

Also, he is NOT worth 50million. We payed that much because that was his transfer release clause and Liverpool wouldn't have accepted our bid otherwise.

I don't get one thing though. why does a £50 million striker NEED a certain type of player in order to score goals. I can't recall strikers like Odewinge, Darren Bent, Llorente requiring assistance from a world class playmaker in order to bang in goals last season and they didn't cost a fortune neither. some people just won't accept the fact that Torres has been shit for the past 2 seasons and past his prime. sometimes in life you just have to accept mistake and cut your losses.

Right. dry.gif

You should notice that our play style is different then the one Torres needs. Our midfield is more on a energetic and strong side then on a technical and creative one, and our wingers can't deliver the cross or dribble their way in. How do you expect Torres to score then? He is in bad form, BUT if he scored a few he'd get his confidence back, and after a pre-season with us, I'm optimistic towards the future.

Also, he is NOT worth 50million. We payed that much because that was his transfer release clause and Liverpool wouldn't have accepted our bid otherwise.

The same energetic and uncreative midfield that Drogba and Anelka won EPL's golden boot with. right?

Why does Torres need a play-maker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b_4Vwbka6E

This. He played 17 games or more for us last season, and i cannot remember ONE time when he got a pass like that. Just look at Chicarito for example, i guarantee if you put him on our team, he would not have anything close to 18 goals.

Rooney played behind him, and spotted his runs in like a second, and if it wasn't Rooney, there is always Giggs or Park or Valencia or even Nani.

The same energetic and uncreative midfield that Drogba and Anelka won EPL's golden boot with. right?

We had Ballack, Deco and Joe Cole whistling.gif

Thanks, I'm not the only one to think so...

Apparently Lack of creativity in the team was also resaponsible for his poor and rigid movement, abysmal ball control/first touch and numerous mishit shots and poor run of form for the spanish national team through out last year :whistling:

But also note that after a few goals like that from Torres he would get a part of his confidence back and would get balls to do stuff he did a few years ago.

Like it or not, he's OUR player now, and we better make use of him and his qualities, and that doesn't involve power play Drogba plays.

Apparently Lack of creativity in the team was also resaponsible for his poor and rigid movement, abysmal ball control/first touch and numerous mishit shots and poor run of form for the spanish national team through out last year :whistling:

He didn't recover enough from his injury, and Liverpool rushed him back.

His movement for us has been pretty good.

I doubt you would ever have even to have watched a game of football in your life to recognise that Drogba is a different type of player to Torres, simply by looking at them you could get that result, Drogba is a target man, a big man striker, Torres is a predator. I think the saying is horses for courses and its a case of that right now with Torres, our side last year (and for a long time) lacks the creativity needed to supply Torres.

Why does Torres need a play-maker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b_4Vwbka6E

This. He played 17 games or more for us last season, and i cannot remember ONE time when he got a pass like that. Just look at Chicarito for example, i guarantee if you put him on our team, he would not have anything close to 18 goals.

Rooney played behind him, and spotted his runs in like a second, and if it wasn't Rooney, there is always Giggs or Park or Valencia or even Nani.

Torres has 27 goals in 85 international appearances for Spain playing with the best and most creative midfield in world football (INIESTA,Xavi,Alonso,David silva) what's the explanation for such abysmal record. bearing in mind that his strike partner who joined the national team after him (Villa) has 47 goals in 75 appearances.