Juan Mata

Severinb

We must have different definition of the roles of a playmaker and I disagree that oscar hasn't put a foot wring this season. in fact it's a false statement as just 12 days ago before the int'l break after 2 inept performances against Newcastle and W'brom,he was one of the players fairly singled out for criticism. for a playmaker, he has barely created any quality chances and looked generally devoid of ideas in the attacking third.

With all of Oscar's "work ethic" this season, he still remains a far (and I emphasize the word far) inferior playmaker and footballer to mata. if mourinho is so obsessed with work ethic he should save some money, sell all the technical players in the squad and recruit some workhorses from the English lower league and french ligue 2. some players in those league have ridiculous engine and work ethic since the technical aspect of football is so overrated and hold little significance.

Scrap that I have a better idea, Jose should lure Mo farah and Haile Selassie. Their stamina is highly proven and would put themselves about on the pitch.

Haile Selassie was the ruler of Ethiopia - Haile Gebreslassie was an Ethiopian long-distance runner. Despite that it's still the most accurate point in your post in my opinion.

Oscar sets the tempo for our team and in a fantastic link-up man, bringing other players into the game. In fact against both West Brom and West Ham he played in Eden Hazard with two fantastic balls through that Eden failed to control on both occasions.

Against Newcastle he was on the wing and Mata had a fairly uneventful game, mainly because he seemed to be 20 metres away from the pivot at all times.

How about Jose´s boy Oscar ? According to posters here Oscar is the real deal, lately.

Oscar is stupendous, Mourinho himself said after our last game that it makes no difference whether he plays on either flanks or centrally, which means Mata and Oscar can - and perhaps should play together.

Mata's only problem this season is that he, other than the Cup game versus Arsenal, never got to play with players capable of playing the pivot role to our standards. If he's given a chance to play with Mikel and Ramires behind him, he would undoubtedly prosper.

Oscar is stupendous, Mourinho himself after our last game that it makes no difference whether he plays on either flanks or centrally, which means Mata and Oscar can - and perhaps should play together.

Mata's only problem this season is that he, other than the Cup game versus Arsenal, never got to play with players capable of playing the pivot role to our standards. If he's given a chance to play with Mikel and Ramires behind him, he would undoubtedly prosper.

Have you thought about telling Jose your tactics ?

Haile Selassie was the ruler of Ethiopia - Haile Gebreslassie was an Ethiopian long-distance runner. Despite that it's still the most accurate point in your post in my opinion.

Oscar sets the tempo for our team and in a fantastic link-up man, bringing other players into the game. In fact against both West Brom and West Ham he played in Eden Hazard with two fantastic balls through that Eden failed to control on both occasions.

Against Newcastle he was on the wing and Mata had a fairly uneventful game, mainly because he seemed to be 20 metres away from the pivot at all times.

He served Willian two great chances against Newcastle as well.

Have you thought about telling Jose your tactics ?

He knows it more than anyone. It's no coincidence he promoted Mikel to our first 11 now. Mourinho just isn't fair in the way he conducts what should be a meritocracy. Mata gets the hook as soon as he has a bad half whilst Lampard's inept run in the pivot has been ongoing since August.

Lampard has not had a bad run ,Jose knows this ,it is you who is just a fanboy and has no structured meritocrasy are you a communist? :D:D:D

He is twice the player your fanboy fav is in the pivot,look at our first goal on Saturday with the quick FORWARD first time ball from the pivot (Lampard) Mikel NEVER does that.

He knows it more than anyone. It's no coincidence he promoted Mikel to our first 11 now. Mourinho just isn't fair in the way he conducts what should be a meritocracy. Mata gets the hook as soon as he has a bad half whilst Lampard's inept run in the pivot has been ongoing since August.

If Jose knows it, why did he wait to play Mikel 11 games, then ?

Several times I mentioned here, Jose is on some power trip, I feel.

So I assume Mikel will be his darling now ?

Lampard has not had a bad run ,Jose knows this ,it is you who is just a fanboy and has no structured meritocrasy are you a communist? :D:D:D

He is twice the player your fanboy fav is in the pivot,look at our first goal on Saturday with the quick FORWARD first time ball from the pivot (Lampard) Mikel NEVER does that.

Funny posting here.

Just one pertinent question. Was Frank playing the holding midfielder, then ? No, he was not. Frank was in control about his positioning during that game, one of his better games, I feel. The old Frank at his best.

This is funny. Mata was the primary "playmaker" for Spain in the olympics and guess what happened to spain.

Mata was the primary playmaker for Chelsea the past 2 seasons and we got 6th and 3rd in a water down EPL.

This season, the EPL is probably as a whole strongest Ive seen and we are fighting for top place again.

It's funny cause Jose had Ozil, a player that wasnt know for his defensive contribution, yet played him as much as any player on RM.

Maybe it's the fact that Mata isnt as good as Chelsea fans brand him out to be.

Look at RDM, guess who he played as the ten.

Look at Del Bosque, Mata isnt never going to be in their 11.

Only one that favored Mata was the Spainard that favored Torres as well.

And Guess what. Guess who our favorite manager AVB wanted as his primary signing for Tottenham.

I find it crazy how people cant see the potential in Oscar as a playmaker... But than again, its probably the same players that thought Neymar would flop as well.

Laughable. Because 1 player in an attacking position is always to blame for others failures all over the pitch.

AVB fucked our season with his tactics and problems with the old guard the season we finished 6th. Mata and Sturridge were excellent by all measures before that.

I really will never understand this thinking that Mata is to blame for those past seasons, when we've had managers far worse than our current one this season, we have better depth than we've had in those seasons. Torres is playing better than he did in those past seasons. Just so many factors people like to ignore to suit their "agenda" (my new favourite word thanks to TOPTB).

Also about Ozil, i believe he played so much due to the lack of options, only old Kaka was his competition. He was always subbed early to his disapproval, and Mourinho has since said he tried to sign Kagawa and Oscar to compete with him.

It tells you how good Oscar is if he is keeping Mata out of the team. Saying that I don't think Hazard has been exceptional either so maybe Mata for Hazard.

Wrong. it tells us how much importance Mourinho places on players with high workrate.

Wrong. it tells us how much importance Mourinho places on players with high workrate.

Yes it does but my point is that is how good Oscar has been not just on workrate, but what he has created both with goals and his assists.

I still think he should be challenging Hazard for his starting roll, Hazard has not been good of late and Mata for me deserves a chance.

Doesn't that equate to the same thing though? Unless we are talking about the players alone and removing the tactical adaptability coefficient out of them.

Doesn't that equate to the same thing though? Unless we are talking about the players alone and removing the tactical adaptability coefficient out of them.

Does it? well I rather prefer lazy and slow playmakers like Zidane,Riquelme,mata et al to the highly mobile workhorse, playmaker wannabe like Oscar.

Majority of legendary playmakers and DLP's of the past and present aren't known for their work rate. if you do your primary role incredibly well, it more than makes up for your deficiencies. I prefer my playmakers to excel at actually creating chances and playmaking rather than running around the pitch like headless chickens.

Yes it does but my point is that is how good Oscar has been not just on workrate, but what he has created both with goals and his assists.

Oscar this season - 16 appearances in all competitions (14 starts and 2 subs), scored 6 goals and has just 2 assists with none coming in the Premier League...

Does it? well I rather prefer lazy and slow playmakers like Zidane,Riquelme,mata et al to the highly mobile workhorse, playmaker wannabe like Oscar.

Ah in a system where you don't need attacking work-rate then fine. Riquelme worked hard under Pellegrini though, didn't he?

Playmaker wannabe? hmm, alright .

December could decide his future at Chelsea. With 9 games, i'm sure Mata will get atleast 5 starts.

He need to perform the way the team needs him, on the wings or in the hole. Performance guarantees his place in the starting eleven.

or he is as good as gone in Jan. No pressure, Juan