Juan Mata

Severinb

NeilCFCStar Neil

Chelsea have increased bid for Mata as reported in newspapers this morning, looks a done deal.

edit: something from arsanal forum :lol:

Why would any player turn down Chelsea to come here? Mata is the sort of player who could make Chelsea real contenders, if he came here it'd be to secure 4th. And they'd pay him a better wage. We're out of this race. Pathetic.

Plenty of reasons. There are still footballers out there with a purist occupational understanding and a sense of intelligence.

Liverpool don't know the meaning of the word debate, unless you tell them Jenny is god and Andres Henderson, Adam Hernandez, Lionel Suarez and Didier Carroll are going to rule europe they cry.

I don't think it's a good thing to splash that huge amount of money on Mata, he is a little bit overrated and he is not a player who wins games on his own... Yes he has a good eye on the pass and he is a good free kick taker but we cannot splash 25m on him...

Los Che says that he is a good player that they would keep but if they can receive 25m for him, they could buy several players like defenders... They also says that his seasonal bilans are always good because he is a good passer and a scorer, but it's does not reflects his real importance in the team.

Like we did bring Lukaku, Courtois and Sturridge who are not finished articles, we would rather pick Hazard who (like I said in his transfert topic) has a huge potential even if he is not yet ready to go because he has to gain more experience, more influence on his team and his results etc...

I don't think we are going to take Mata honestly, we have only one spot available on the 25 man list and I think he is going to be rewarded to the midfielder the club is going to recruit. The winger is not the main priority, we need first of all a midfielder.

The winger is likely to be De Bruyne because he is under 21. And he is as interesting as Mata because he is cheap, he is also versatile and has a lot of qualities (diagonal and through balls, shooting ability...). I'm convinced that Chelsea will manage to get KdB without loan him at Genk who did lost his coach, his GK... Because even without this departures they were not sure to play an as good season as the last one. It would not be interesting for De Bruyne to stay one more year in Belgium.

Now, no player is really about to leave the club so I think there is not many possibilities because of the 25 list. Even if there is real reports about discussions about transfert for Mata that were not in place when the press spoke about Arsanal, I don't think Chelsea will take him.