Juan Mata

Severinb

Random question. Has Mata ever feel pissed off before? Like get really angry/furious till the point he wants to pick up a fight? He just seem so nice even with the Toure's incident last season!

yeah he has for spain. I know this because someone else asked a similar question at some point last year and mata was going crazy at the referee... Might have been in the olympics now thinking about it.

yeah he has for spain. I know this because someone else asked a similar question at some point last year and mata was going crazy at the referee... Might have been in the olympics now thinking about it.

Was told he went bonkers at Clattenburg earlier this season against United but can't remember that scene. Hmm..

Mata needs a rest... He cannot create everything for 61 games!!!

We need a decent back-up player to cover him...

Also - why can't we play through balls? So many times a through ball was on and we fucked it out wide and lost possession!

Really need a look at our coaching and analysis of games! Some serious back-room shake-up is fucking needed!

Mata needs a rest... He cannot create everything for 61 games!!!

As much as Mata doesn't exactly have a super human level of stamina, we need to stop championing for him to be rested after just 1-2 non-performances, like really. The game against Liverpool was his 3rd game in a week but that is already normal for him and especially after he had a week off before the City game. It wasn't his greatest of performances but people need to stop behaving like just because he didn't score 3 goals and get 3 assists, he needs to be rested completely from the next game.

As much as Mata doesn't exactly have a super human level of stamina, we need to stop championing for him to be rested after just 1-2 non-performances, like really. The game against Liverpool was his 3rd game in a week but that is already normal for him and especially after he had a week off before the City game. It wasn't his greatest of performances but people need to stop behaving like just because he didn't score 3 goals and get 3 assists, he needs to be rested completely from the next game.

Well that's your opinion ;) and mine is he needs to be rested... Mental strength is just as important as physical strength and 'creative' people get tired from being creative - add in physical tiredness and it really degrades performance!

Now that's just my observation of creative people in the various industries I have worked in, so yes I'm making an abstraction to football - but I can't see it being that different.

61 games is a lot - he's probably played 95%? Plus the summer break was interrupted with the Olympics. So hopefully this year he will get a nice break.

Compare game 1-10 Mata with game 50-60 Mata and I'm pretty sure my point stands?

I can't be arsed to look at the stats, but I'm sure they would back up that a fresher Mata is a better Mata?

Well that's your opinion ;) and mine is he needs to be rested... Mental strength is just as important as physical strength and 'creative' people get tired from being creative - add in physical tiredness and it really degrades performance!

Now that's just my observation of creative people in the various industries I have worked in, so yes I'm making an abstraction to football - but I can't see it being that different.

61 games is a lot - he's probably played 95%? Plus the summer break was interrupted with the Olympics. So hopefully this year he will get a nice break.

Compare game 1-10 Mata with game 50-60 Mata and I'm pretty sure my point stands?

I can't be arsed to look at the stats, but I'm sure they would back up that a fresher Mata is a better Mata?

Understand where you're coming from but the thing is how often can we rest Mata though? Even you pointed out that we need a decent back-up player and it's because we don't have a decent back-up player, we have to play Mata more often than not. And yes, when you look at the bigger picture, Mata has played loads of game but it's not like he doesn't get some rest here and there(thanks to Benitez's rotation!). Unless he plays like 9-10 games in a row, don't see why he should be rested anyway after just 3-4 games etc. Mata is strong enough to handle this issue even though it's tiring.

Understand where you're coming from but the thing is how often can we rest Mata though? Even you pointed out that we need a decent back-up player and it's because we don't have a decent back-up player, we have to play Mata more often than not. And yes, when you look at the bigger picture, Mata has played loads of game but it's not like he doesn't get some rest here and there(thanks to Benitez's rotation!). Unless he plays like 9-10 games in a row, don't see why he should be rested anyway after just 3-4 games etc. Mata is strong enough to handle this issue even though it's tiring.

Yup understand your point of view too... I hate our over reliance on Mata and wish we had a credible alternative - hopefully the Summer will bring this :)

Look at Barca just now - Messi had a bad game (still injured in my view) - and the whole team was flag, because they rely on him so much - that's how I think we are with Mata..

Agree he should be able to cope, but we've had 3 games a week for pretty much most of this year - just being at games as a sub is tough as you have to be mentally prepared to come on and play - check out the sports science studies showing subs actually waste a lot of energy through 'nervous energy'... Obviously each individual is different - but it does have an effect.

Between now and the end of the season, I just cannot see where we can rest him - so he's stuck playing unless FSW decides on another rotation :)