Juan Mata

Severinb

Poor game. He really struggles against City because they're a very strong team. He was very poor and should have been subbed off.

And put on who? He may disappear for a lot of the game against City, but he can deliver one excellent pass or cross that changes the game. Would of been silly to sub him off.

And put on who? He may disappear for a lot of the game against City, but he can deliver one excellent pass or cross that changes the game. Would of been silly to sub him off.

I think you've just summed up what a luxury player Mata can be against good opposition.

Stuggles when put under pressure, needs to go to the gym and learn how to protect the ball in his possesion. Even if it means using your ass to block pple or fall on the ball when pushed.

I just imagine if we made him mark pirlo instead of oscar, we would have been skinned because of the lack of any defensive shift from him.

Could be under instructions from benitez to do that but still if he puts in a defensive shift, it will be 3 city midfilders vs 3 chelsea mids instead of barry yaya and nasri vs only mikel and ramires. Major reason we get dominated against big possesion teams is this.

Stuggles when put under pressure, needs to go to the gym and learn how to protect the ball in his possesion. Even if it means using your ass to block pple or fall on the ball when pushed.

I just imagine if we made him mark pirlo instead of oscar, we would have been skinned because of the lack of any defensive shift from him.

Could be under instructions from benitez to do that but still if he puts in a defensive shift, it will be 3 city midfilders vs 3 chelsea mids instead of barry yaya and tevez vs only mikel and ramires. Major reason we get dominated against big possesion teams is this.

Brana could teach Mata a thing or two about using his ass :Goober:

Let me think of Mata's worst performances in a Chelsea shirt.

all 6 games he played vs ManCity, both Juve games, atletico, Bayern, both games vs Barca.... does anything occurs to s.o.?

what???

let me exactly what is mata expected to do when the possession starts read 75-25 to the other team. he is a player who thrives when the ball is with his team or on his feet. against bayern mata had atleast 2 players around him (bastian + one of the cbs) every time chelsea had the ball. against barca he had 9 touches in all of 120 minutes of football and chelsea in general wanted to just sit back and defend. plus dont forget it was mata who took the cross in the final for DDs goal. how can u say that these 3 were his worst games is simply beyond me.

Someone more direct, who will run at a tired, clearly under-the-cosh City defence - someone like Victor Moses.

what???

let me exactly what is mata expected to do when the possession starts read 75-25 to the other team. he is a player who thrives when the ball is with his team or on his feet. against bayern mata had atleast 2 players around him (bastian + one of the cbs) every time chelsea had the ball. against barca he had 9 touches in all of 120 minutes of football and chelsea in general wanted to just sit back and defend. plus dont forget it was mata who took the cross in the final for DDs goal. how can u say that these 3 were his worst games is simply beyond me.

they were among his worst games. no doubt. no matter what excuses you want to find for that. Every attacking player prefers to have the ball more often than not, still Kalou, Lampard, Drogba, Ramires performed superbly in these matches. it happens you have less of the ball against better opponents and are marked by good players. Still a top player should deal with that. For me having 9 touches is not a good performance for an outfield player. One decent cross does not make a decent performance.I think this goal was 99% courtesy of Drogba's incredible will than of mata's precision. Drogba had to take 10 steps towards the first post to get to that corner, which was intended for Lamps.

She is fit.

I'd hit it :P

Should win Player of the Season IMO. I didn't see the City game so I can't make say what I thought about his performance.

He won't win it, and he was totally invisible in the first half, showed his class in the second, had a lot of chances to create something for us, but meeer it just wasn't the day .

they were among his worst games. no doubt. no matter what excuses you want to find for that. Every attacking player prefers to have the ball more often than not, still Kalou, Lampard, Drogba, Ramires performed superbly in these matches. it happens you have less of the ball against better opponents and are marked by good players. Still a top player should deal with that. For me having 9 touches is not a good performance for an outfield player. One decent cross does not make a decent performance.I think this goal was 99% courtesy of Drogba's incredible will than of mata's precision. Drogba had to take 10 steps towards the first post to get to that corner, which was intended for Lamps.

accepted he was not the man of the match but their is only so much he can do. the bayern match was a poor showing by the whole team and till the 87th minute even DD was no threat. our main threat was mata who saw most of the ball we had and tried to create something out of absolute nothin. plus in the barca match if you say kalou had a good performance but not mata. mata played his part as a defensive winger as much as kalou. just because he was not involved in a goal does not make his performance bad.