Juan Mata

Severinb

I think Mata should have his IQ tested like the rest, I seriously think he'd come near Lampard's MENSA-esque result. A lot of players frustrate during games because they don't have that good pitch vision, we from tellies can see where they could give the perfect pass but often they decide to play it safe. Mata on the other hand makes the right decisions more often than not. The Sturridge and Ramires goals were 50% Mata. I remember when we signed him someone in this forum compared him to Malouda... lol :D Florent would've probably taken a shot in the Ramires goal situation and instead of lobbing to Cole.

once saw him coming from Brighton to London on a economy class train with his mother, I guess. He really seems to have a no frills approach to life.

- Alejandro Sanchez, London, UK, 28/10/2011 19:24

What isn't likable about him, so humble and down to earth. 1 million a week in wages couldn't inflate his ego.

He has a photo album of his first two months in London

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.308451079171415.95123.123613977655127&type=3

What I love about him is how no matter how talented he is, he always puts the team before himself. Against Arsenal he scores an absolute beauty and could have done what 99% of players would do and waste 2 minutes doing a stupid self indulgent celebration. Instead, he is telling his team mates to get back in position, win the ball back and score again. Brilliant person. Brilliant player.