Juan Mata

Severinb

I was one of those who thought he was similar to malouda in the sense he wasnt direct and was slow. But boy have I been proved wrong here.

The best signing since Robben so far. The guy is cute, down to earth and superb. Very Zola'esq (apart from the cute part).

I think every generation of Chelsea's squad has had an all time fan favourite contendor. It was Zola in the mid nineties, then Lampard in the last decade and this decade I believe it has got to be Mata.

Good read about him in the Guardian today --> http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/15/juan-mata-chelsea-spain-torres

This bit was great -

"When I was growing up Ryan Giggs was my inspiration, together with Dennis Bergkamp," he said. "I also had the opportunity to watch videos of Gianfranco Zola, which were very interesting. Giggs is one of the best ever wingers and perhaps I paid more attention to him because he plays in the same position as me. He's incredibly impressive."

:chelsea2:

After reading that article, do you think Mata can play that role?

The role Modric would have played.

No. Modric is a pure midfielder, a deeper one may I add. Not same type of players, but both can give same qualities to this side offensively, Mata being more versatile as he can play anywhere. Even with Mata here, doesn't matter if he plays on the wing or as a trequartista, we still need wingers for the future. Mata gets injured or tired, Sturridge gets injured/starts sucking.. and then we're fucked. So we still need to get a winger or two afaic.

Marko Marin, Jesus Navas and Hazard are the only 3 wingers i can think of Chelsea could buy.

Krasic has been strongly linked. And I'm not sure what is Kakuta's position, but if he comes good this season, then he is already with us.

Tbh I'd rather not speculate or discuss transfers now... summer just ended, let's list potential targets again in january ;)

Krasic is at Juve. Juve is a big club. It's like saying lets take Nani from United....

Are you seriously comparing signing Krasic from Juve to signing one of the key players from our title rivals? :D How delusional, or I'm guessing that you're just joking. They aren't even in CL ffs. When was the last time they even won something in Italy? Serie B in 2006-07 :D They may be a big club historically, but nowadays Chelsea is lightyears ahead of them... they are, dare I say, Liverpool of Italy (or is Arsenal a better comparison?).