Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Romelu Lukaku


BlueLion.
 Share
Followers 5

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Roquila said:

Just like 2 years ago, when we signed djilowhatever and hector. Shades of 2015...

We didnt bid £75m for a striker 2 years ago. Chill the fuck out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm afraid not a lot of you will have seen the interview (let alone be able to understand a single word they say ). So here's the summary of the most important things that have been said: He's feeling

Big words from Drog.

Wrong shirt at the wrong moment Romelu

Posted Images

14 hours ago, mccg said:

BREAKING NEWS

Romelu Lukaku to appear in US court on October 2 after being cited following a noise complaint on July 2 in LA.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

We didnt bid £75m for a striker 2 years ago. Chill the fuck out.

"Bidding" 75m after knowing it goes one way (United deal is worth 100m~), yeah that counts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

"Bidding" 75m after knowing it goes one way (United deal is worth 100m~), yeah that counts.

How would anyone outside the club knowing about the ins and outs of transfers. You dont. 

If we are still in the same situation come the 1st of September then Ill be crying with you all. Until then, relax.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Styles said:

And this would be extremely foolish on our part.How can you turn down £40m for Matic? He isn't even worth half that amount.

Actually, if we want to piss off ManU/Mourinho then selling them Matic is the right thing to do !

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-7-8 at 8:38 AM, Jype said:

Yeah, like Man United are run by some amateurs who wouldn't make sure everything was agreed before making the announcement. :lol:

Agreeing personal terms is just something they have to write in that media release but everything's been agreed since two days ago and the announcement is just a confirmation to their fans and stock holders that he's coming, something which Chelsea could take a note from, I'm talking Bakayoko&Rüdiger and how frustrating it is not having heard anything yet.

They won the race for Lukaku as soon as they briefed the media about having reached an agreement with the fee two days ago. Everything that happened after that was just Chelsea trying to save face having missed out on the signing, and judging by the latest article on the Times it has even worked:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/antonio-conte-betrayed-by-romelu-lukakus-decision-f9bx80xtn

"Antonio Conte has made his peace with Chelsea after their failure to sign Romelu Lukaku, with the head coach blaming the player and his agent, Mino Raiola, for the Everton striker’s impending transfer to Manchester United, which could be announced as early as today.

It is understood that Chelsea matched United’s initial £75million up-front offer for Lukaku, but were unwilling to meet the agent fee being demanded by Raiola, which they believe has been pivotal in the Belgium striker’s apparent desire to move to Old Trafford."

Now in the eyes of Chelsea the official scapegoats for this shower of shit are Lukaku and Raiola, not Emenalo and Granovskaia. Making the late bid was nothing but a media play because by then everything was already agreed with Lukaku and United so there was never really a chance of hijacking it anymore, and making sure everyone knew Chelsea's offer included less money to Raiola was merely trying to paint him as the ultimate villain.

Can't really say I'm overly sad in missing out on Lukaku the player assuming we now get another top striker (Belotti, Morata or Aubameyang) but the way this has been handled is what makes it so disappointing. Conte wanted Lukaku, the player himself wanted to come and he still ends up at a rival club because of the board's incompetence. This has been a massive embarrassment to Chelsea as a club and we'll keep hearing about it for years every single time he scores for United. The only way Chelsea will end up on top here is if Lukaku somehow flops massively at United or has a huge falling out with Mourinho and we get the last laugh but does anyone really believe that will happen?

United fans can gloat as much as they like, if we get Bellotti or even Morata we have done better than them.

The same fans thought they were doing a serious number on us appointing Jose and look how that's worked out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tomo said:

United fans can gloat as much as they like, if we get Bellotti or even Morata we have done better than them.

The same fans thought they were doing a serious number on us appointing Jose and look how that's worked out.

You seriously think Morata would be more effective in the PL than Lukaku? 

Please!

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DDA said:

ou seriously think Morata would be more effective in the PL than Lukaku? 

Please

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DDA said:

You seriously think Morata would be more effective in the PL than Lukaku? 

Please!

At least has morata has better 1st touch that can bring hazard and Pedro into the game lukaku has a 1st touch of an Elephant 

Y

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DDA said:

You seriously think Morata would be more effective in the PL than Lukaku? 

Please!

I think he would suit the way we play better than Lukaku would have, but then again that's not saying much as I think Rom would have been an awful fit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I think he would suit the way we play better than Lukaku would have, but then again that's not saying much as I think Rom would have been an awful fit.

 

1 minute ago, the wes said:

At least has morata has better 1st touch that can bring hazard and Pedro into the game lukaku has a 1st touch of an Elephant 

Y

I understand he has the first touch of a donkey but I really couldn't care less if he is banging in 30 goals a season for us. As much as I dislike Lukaku for who he is... he is proven in the PL and Morata isn't even proven in La Liga where you can score goals for fun. All this being said in vain now of course but to say Morata would have been a better fit than Lukaku doesn't make sense to me. Lukaku is the closest thing to a DDA Drogba or Costa that there is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DDA said:

 

I understand he has the first touch of a donkey but I really couldn't care less if he is banging in 30 goals a season for us. As much as I dislike Lukaku for who he is... he is proven in the PL and Morata isn't even proven in La Liga where you can score goals for fun. All this being said in vain now of course but to say Morata would have been a better fit than Lukaku doesn't make sense to me. Lukaku is the closest thing to a DDA Drogba or Costa that there is.

 

https://en.as.com/en/2017/03/12/football/1489317402_157033.html

2016-17

Games Goals Minutes Goals-per-minute ratio
Morata 32 13 1.352' 104'
Cristiano 32 24 2.853' 119'
Benzema 34 15 2.237' 149'
Bale 21 9 1.562'

173'

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DDA said:

 

I understand he has the first touch of a donkey but I really couldn't care less if he is banging in 30 goals a season for us. As much as I dislike Lukaku for who he is... he is proven in the PL and Morata isn't even proven in La Liga where you can score goals for fun. All this being said in vain now of course but to say Morata would have been a better fit than Lukaku doesn't make sense to me. Lukaku is the closest thing to a DDA Drogba or Costa that there is.

I think Belotti is the closest thing to Costa there is personally. Lukaku might have similarities with Drogba but not the similarities that count. I was open to Lukaku joining us but now that he is gone i am extra excited about the possibility of Beloit/Morata. That being said it wil come down to who we want and if we will actually pay. If i had to place a bet today I would on Morata joining us, but I also would have placed that bet on Lukaku and lost:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

but I also would have placed that bet on Lukaku and lost:D

Lucky you, didn't do it. Not worth it at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Polo7 said:

We didnt bid £75m for a striker 2 years ago. Chill the fuck out.

It doesn't matter what we did or what we didn't do. The reality is that Lukaku is a Manchester United player.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jase changed the title to 9. Romelu Lukaku
  • James changed the title to Romelu Lukaku

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...