Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

The way he carried on toward the Chelsea supporters after their opening goal just shows how much class he has. NONE. He would have been gutted not too score against us.

come on, it's obvious his main goal in the season (okay, main is an exaggeration, but one of this goals definitely) is to score against us and shut us up or show how much Chelsea lost by letting him go. He doesn't need to say those words, the collection of quotes by him regarding himself and us while he was still a Chelsea player loaned to Everton illustrates how 'vengeful' he is. He's not looking a bad kind of revenge, it's even a nice one, but what doesn't seem to get into his thick skull is that he has nowhere the quality required to be a #1 striker at Chelsea, he's not remotely as good as he thinks he is. Just because we were woeful in the striker department in the last few years, he thinks someone like him is what a club like Chelsea needs. He continues to overrate himself and if he doesn't fix this about himself, he'll never reach his full potential, because that's one big mistake someone can make about themselves and it detracts their development as they delusionally believe they're already too good and better than they really are and instead of focusing on improving they keep trying to show it to the rest of the world. Capital mistake.

He continues to overrate himself and if he doesn't fix this about himself, he'll never reach his full potential, because that's one big mistake someone can make about themselves and it detracts their development as they delusionally believe they're already too good and better than they really are and instead of focusing on improving they keep trying to show it to the rest of the world. Capital mistake.

I get what you are trying to say but no one tries as hard to improve as Lukaku does. He tends to stay late after practices to do additional shooting and technical training. He watches about a million videos from great strikers around the world just to learn from their skills, etc. But good technique is just a thing that can't be learned. Either you have it or you don't. It's a gift. Lukaku's gift is not technique :) it's raw power. He'll always be that type of player, but you're right in saying that he should realize that more.

Everything I don't like about his game was on display yesterday. Bad touches, weak holdup play, bad/average movement etc. I can't believe the club got 28m.

Eto'o looked so much better it was unreal let alone Costa!

I honestly think Eto'o will have first choice position nailed down by Christmas unless there's some politics with price tag and Kenwright tells Martinez not to do it. The fact Lukaku is good off the bench will also work against him.

I honestly think Eto'o will have first choice position nailed down by Christmas unless there's some politics with price tag and Kenwright tells Martinez not to do it. The fact Lukaku is good off the bench will also work against him.

It's going to be interesting to see how that plays out; I'm gonna keep an eye out for Everton and catch some of their games if I can.

You immediately saw the difference in quality once Eto'o came on yesterday. Two strikers with something to prove but only one good enough to make a mark.

Not just saying this for a reaction but I think lukaku has the worst touch as a striker in the premiership. It's as if he has led weights in his boots. Never has the ball under full control. Am really dissapointed with him to be honest.he lost us a goal again yesterday again with the ball bouncing back off him.

That's from an Everton site after the Chelsea game. Lukaku's bad first touch led to our 5th goal - he practically passed the ball to Matic (I think it was him anyway), that's how bad his attempt at gathering the ball was.

He's a very expensive signing, at this moment he looks a waste of money and I worry that he won't justify his tag.

What I did notice was at the end when he miscontrolled it up front he sat and held his big toe. I was livid, his big toe wasn't the reason he miscontrolled the ball to an opponent, on one occasion doing so which led to ramires goal.

28m! Un-fucking-believable.

We all said it before and i think even Steve Clark said it the other day. He's great when he has space to run it to, when teams sit back and press him he loses the ball 9 times out of 10. Big clubs need a striker who's good on the ball, can link up play, dribble past player and i'm sorry to say but Lukaku doesn't do this. £28 fucking million, well done Chelsea.

I'll bet anything that Eto'o will out score him if he's given enough game time. Thing is, since he's there most expensive player ever Martinez will feel obligated to play him just about every game even if he struggles like he has so far.