Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Getting Drogba now looks even pointless.

Love Drogba, but he is 36 yo and cant count as backup. He is just a striker who should jump in for max 5 games.

With Lukaku gone, and that to Everton, another Pl club, its just ridiculous. In that case the fee should be 30m+...

If we dont get another striker and stick to Costa, Torres and Drogba I think its safe to say PL or CL will be damn hard to win. Costa cant play all the time...

All clubs are 'fighting' ffp....we're just doing a damn good job of winning that fight.

Lukaku is a decent striker who simply couldn't make it at a top European club. He'll be happier at Everton where there's less competition and less expectation.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9400945/ffp-a-factor-in-lukaku-sale

This one's for you Dr Phil! ;-)

I couldn't support any club who doesn't know about growing footballers -and the importance of playing time, education and patience which come with it.

Ps/ I support a club who has grown Lukaku, Kompany, Januzaj, Musonda and Thielemans in very recent times. Good luck with your 'superstar' bunch... No way Jose lol!

Then what are you doing here? There are not many (any) good Anderlecht forums around are there?

FFP a factor in Lukaku sale

I don't buy this, we are doing really well with FFP or that means that another big signing will arrive soon

You're right but what else could he possibly say to stay civilized? Of course play the FFP card. Regarding signing an important player - fingers crossed mate.

Getting Drogba now looks even pointless.

Love Drogba, but he is 36 yo and cant count as backup. He is just a striker who should jump in for max 5 games.

With Lukaku gone, and that to Everton, another Pl club, its just ridiculous. In that case the fee should be 30m+...

If we dont get another striker and stick to Costa, Torres and Drogba I think its safe to say PL or CL will be damn hard to win. Costa cant play all the time...

Drogba will get the Ba-role of last year at games like PSG, he's perfect for that role with his attributes, age (won't complain) and experience. The real problem is our 2nd striker: Torres. We must get rid of him and get a great 2nd striker who wants to be a back-up, Bony/Remy would be perfect.

Costa, Bony/Remy, Drogba sounds good imo.

He would get playing time here, too.

Courtois justifies a big mouth, he's one of the best goalkeepers in the world, Lukaku doesn't.

He would get lots of playing time here. Especially if we make it into the latter stages of the Champions league/ FA cup etc. Lukaku would probably become our sole striker in the League at that point with Costa playing in the champions league etc.

dont start the Belgium .. Brazil thing .. you are better than this

wasn't my intention... and didn't that thing already die anyway? It was one of the most stupid things here and I'm glad it's gone. But one must wonder why the guy comes here to say shit about us, roman, the board, etc...

He would get lots of playing time here. Especially if we make it into the latter stages of the Champions league/ FA cup etc. Lukaku would probably become our sole striker in the League at that point with Costa playing in the champions league etc.

yeah, that's what i thought would happen, but lukaku is a dumbfuck.

17m (KdB) + 37m (Juan Mata :( ) + 50m (Luiz) + 28m (Lukaku) = 134m

15m (Luis) + 32m (Costa) + 27m (Fabregas) + 3m (Pasalic) = 77m

50m left. we've essentially traded Lukaku, Kevin de Bruyne, Luiz, and Lukaku for Costa, Fabregas, Luis and Pasalic +50m. Fantastic by the club.

Mourinho explains the reason for selling Lukaku

“The thinking behind the move was the fact that Romelu was always very clear with us, in his mentality, in his approach, he was not highly motivated to come to a competitive situation at Chelsea,” said Mourinho.

“He wanted to play for Chelsea but he wanted to be clearly the first choice striker, which in a club of our dimension, it is very difficult to promise to a player. That reduced immediately his desire to come to us.”