Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

The thing is we needed him last season. We needed him to fight for his spot and instead he went somewhere there was less competition.

That's something that winners like Mourinho don't want in their team and you clearly don't understand why which is indicative of some parts of our society.

People seem to think that they're ENTITLED to certain things and shouldn't have to fight for them. It's a wider problem in society so I can't really blame you. Let's just agree to disagree because it seems like a concept that is completely anathema to you at this point in your life.

Yeah we needed him to fight for his spot and because Mourinho likes 'winners' he let Lukaku leave because he asked to. Well Mourinho made the costly decision. Regardless of what he likes maybe he could have been more firm with him and demand he stays but obviously not because Mourinho likes "winners" and he let him go and then he was left discontent at the quality of the strikers. He is the manager, he granted him the leave and yes, us and Lukaku might just be in a different position if he stayed last season.

But yeah agree, to disagree then :wave:

Not often in my life have I seen that amount of arrogance and pedantry in one post.

I'm sad to say that Stats has outsmarted you in each and every reply, give it up.

I like Stats, but I think he's just wrong on this issue. He refuses to acknowledge that Mourinho demands a certain attitude from players and Lukaku fell short of that.

Stats (perhaps appropriately) keeps repeating how many goals he scored and at what age and that's it. They're very fine stats, but football is more than that. It's about chemistry, it's about fight and when presented with a challenge he asked for a transfer (not a loan, a transfer).

Mourinho doesn't want that and neither do a lot of fans now.

As for you, just go with Lukaku to Everton. Clearly you don't really like the Chelsea supporters that much (apparently we don't appreciate Lukaku enough) or our manager so I'm not really sure what's keeping you here.

We have suddenly become a selling club, smh

That's a silly comment to make. Chelsea have sold players throughout their history.

In English football parlance, a selling club is a club who is forced to sell their best players against their wishes. So Spurs would be one, having sold Bale, Modric and Berbatov.

That's not us. Do you see the difference?

Skipper. I remember me and you were big advocates for him staying. But I remember at the time and can still look back and see when he left the amount of people who dissed him, stating he was too greedy, too big for his boots and other forms of criticsm etc.. there was plenty of digs at him. Now he has proved that we were going to regret it and some people now say that he is different because he is a complete striker. He is a complete striker because he showed what he can do once he plays regularly and now people appreciate his talent. I mean no one would have labelled Sturridge as a complete striker when he was here. He just needed a move to show what he can do.

I do remember you being quite vocal on Sturridge too, but regarding no one ever saying Sturridge could be the completely striker - quite the contrary actually - I've always personally said from the get go that Sturridge 'has it all' as a striker - pace, height, killer instinct, finishing, technical ability, close control dribbling, link up play etc... That is akin to saying someone is a complete striker. I just don't ever see Romelu being a true complete striker.

Now, yes I appreciate your comments on Lukaku's flaws but PL defences knew who they were coming up against last season after his first season with WBA. But he managed to get 15 goals and does that not tell you that he is no one hit wonder? He has got quality. Martinez rates him highly and was also able to tactically move Lukaku from his natural striking position to RW and Lukaku accustomed to that easily against Arsenal. So while he has some technical weakness he has some tactical strengths as well. He had a very good season at Everton. But where you think his ceiling is Everton, I disagree. If he continues to score goals that is what will be looked at. Like come on Skipper, when he reaches 25 and 26 his tranining and playing time will make him a much better striker. But yes I agree his technical qualities are not that good but in his favour he has got the power and pace and this is why I think he unstoppable at times and when he gets older I reckon he will be a beast. I think it is harsh to say he won't get better because he is only 21. The lack of depth at Everton was the only reason they did not get in the UCL last season and if they got there Lukaku would have been a huge reason why. Martinez did not describe him as "the complete striker" for the sake of it.

Lukaku's flaws are his flaws, and they aren't ones that are easily fixable like Sturridge (i.e. being less selfish). Me saying Romelu won't ever be a true completely striker doesn't mean I'm saying he won't improve as a player, of course he will - he is very young and is already an established PL striker. Under the guidance of a coach like Martinez he'll definitely improve further, but never will he be great technically, thus never a complete striker. Lukaku will be a very good powerful striker type, but what needs to be understood is that he wasn't ready to not be number 1 here and that he'd rather go to a club like Everton which he could potentially use as a stepping stone (but personally I don't ever see him going past that level at the moment - maybe he'll change my mind though) thus selling him was the best option for the club and for himself as he doesn't really want to be here. Since he's done nothing at CFC I have no major qualms with it at all. I can sort of understand your grievances but honestly, I don't think Romelu will develop into one of the best in Europe. We shall see how it goes though.

What ever makes u feel okay, u can dispute the fact clubs now fancy their chances gettin a player off us

Yes, they 'fancy' getting our unwanted, unused and wantaway players off us after paying absurd amounts.

Yeah we needed him to fight for his spot and because Mourinho likes 'winners' he let Lukaku leave because he asked to. Well Mourinho made the costly decision. Regardless of what he likes maybe he could have been more firm with him and demand he stays but obviously not because Mourinho likes "winners" and he let him go and then he was left discontent at the quality of the strikers. He is the manager, he granted him the leave and yes, us and Lukaku might just be in a different position if he stayed last season.

But yeah agree, to disagree then :wave:

I think you understand at last but I'm still not convinced.

Basically Lukaku asked to leave this club rather than fight for his spot. Who was the last player who did that to us? Sammy Dalla Bona maybe? Can you think of another?

At least you've made a new Belgium fan though.

The thing is we needed him last season. We needed him to fight for his spot and instead he went somewhere there was less competition.

And then one last thing on this post: IF Chelsea would REALLY have needed Lukaku last year, they (Mourinho) would NOT have allowed him to go out on loan. If they (Mourinho) did, that would mean that they are absolutely incompetent to run the club. To let the wishes of a 20-year-old prevail over the club's needs?? NO WAY JOSE!

So: simple logical conclusion: Mourinho had no significant plans with Lukaku last year either, so he requested a loan. It's not the other way around.

And this is plane racist actually. The "superior English society". #puke

It's not plane (sic) racist in the slightest. I didn't refer to 'English society'.

In fact it's a problem across Europe and in America as well as other parts of the world. But congrats on using the race card. :clap:

Don't call me racist ever.

So Still nothing on sky and bbc. People basing there opinion on dailystar!!! Dailystar of all tabloids. :lol:

Daily Star? There are reputable sources in Belgium that have confirmed that he is going, plus Sky Sports themselves were saying a move is very close.

So Still nothing on sky and bbc. People basing there opinion on dailystar!!! Dailystar of all tabloids. :lol:

On Sky it said he is set to join Everton and he tweeted an encrypted goodbye message on his twitter, check it.

And then one last thing on this post: IF Chelsea would REALLY have needed Lukaku last year, they (Mourinho) would NOT have allowed him to go out on loan. If they (Mourinho) did, that would mean that they are absolutely incompetent to run the club. To let the wishes of a 20-year-old prevail over the club's needs?? NO WAY JOSE!

So: simple logical conclusion: Mourinho had no significant plans with Lukaku last year either, so he requested a loan. It's not the other way around.

Jose doesn't keep players who don't want to be around. It's bad for the camp.

See ya.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview?hl=en-GB&q=goodison+park&ie=UTF-8&ei=6QvZU5WyF7TB7AayvoDYBA&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&source=newuser-ws

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28569197

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/30/everton-sign-romelu-lukaku-chelsea