Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Tell me why they are better? Money? Facilities? If there is no output, they aren't better.

Who are the new big stars of English football? Name 10. Name 5 even.

Clubs like Anderlecht, Standard and Genk have been pumping out class players for ten years. Clubs like Ajax and PSV have been doing it since the 70s. Let's not even mention what the French academies have produced since the nineties. We have our Hazards to thank them for.

They are better in terms of the quality talents they have. (and yes better facilities) Chelsea are a bigger club and has more pull when it comes to young talents. Take Musonda for example left Anderlecht for Chelsea.

The level of our youth academy is better then that off anderlecht or any Belgian youth academy.

Like i said before the reason why our output is lower is because the quality required to get into the first team here is a lot higher then that of Anderlecht.

Players like Boga for example would get their shot in the first team for Anderlecht while here he would only be our 5th or 6th choice AM (he'll probably go out on loan though)

They are better in terms of the quality talents they have. (and yes better facilities) Chelsea are a bigger club and has more pull when it comes to young talents. Take Musonda for example left Anderlecht for Chelsea.

The level of our youth academy is better then that off anderlecht or any Belgian youth academy.

Like i said before the reason why our output is lower is because the quality required to get into the first team here is a lot higher then that of Anderlecht.

Players like Boga for example would get their shot in the first team for Anderlecht while here he would only be our 5th or 6th choice AM (he'll probably go out on loan though)

If the quality of talents is so much higher, then why are they stealing away our talents? :P

Oh come on that's not true at all. English youth academies are better then the Belgian and dutch youth academies.

It's just more difficult as a youth player to breakthrough in the PL then it is in the Belgian or Dutch league.

There's a clear difference in the quality required to get a starting spot.

The problem english top clubs face is that the difference between their youth academies and their first team is too big.

A bit of a generalization but mostly true. Although Anderlecht is right in terms of talent. Another Belgian that's a massive prospect is Francesco Antonucci who is being chased by all the top clubs. Problem is he's only 15.

The problem is you can only make sure whether someone has true talent when you play them in the first team. That's why Belgian, Dutch and French youngsters break through all the time while the English ones are deemed "not ready". If you're "not ready" season after season, you'll eventually become a self fulfilling prophesy.

Then people will say "they didn't have the drive or the willpower to make it", while all they might have needed was an honest chance.

Think about it, if you'd bought Eden as a 16-year old talent, would he be your most important player today? When would he have broken into the first team? At 18? At 20? When would he have gotten regular starting spots? He's as good as he is now because he's been playing important matches for about 7 years.

The problem is you can only make sure whether someone has true talent when you play them in the first team. That's why Belgian, Dutch and French youngsters break through all the time while the English ones are deemed "not ready". If you're "not ready" season after season, you'll eventually become a self fulfilling prophesy.

Then people will say "they didn't have the drive or the willpower to make it", while all they might have needed was an honest chance.

Think about it, if you'd bought Eden as a 16-year old talent, would he be your most important player today? When would he have broken into the first team? At 18? At 20? When would he have gotten regular starting spots? He's as good as he is now because he's been playing important matches for about 7 years.

Spot on. If Boyata had got regular football at another team he probably would be a lot better. But he has been on the fringes. He has got injuries as well but lack of playing time has stalled him. If Boyata was exposed to first team football elsewhere you most certainly would see a very good defender and he may of possibly been in the Belgian squad but he has been at City for a few years and never got consistent playing time. I will say the same with Rodwell. Making the move to City was the worse decision he could have ever made.

Di Marzio: Atletico Madrid, Everton, Wolfsburg and Juventus target Lukaku.

Atletico Madrid are moving concretely to acquire him. Everton and Wolfsburg are pursuing the striker, the German club offered €25M plus €5M add-ons. However, the striker wants to play in the Champions League to establish himself in a definitive way. That’s why the move to Atletico Madrid is gaining momentum. Juventus are after him too, they hope to get him on loan, but that can happen only if he renews with Chelsea.

I can't see us selling Lukaku. Not only because he might still have quite a future here, but because we really have a shortage of English/Home grown players. We will already need to promote a few youth players to get a full squad to follow the rule, selling one of the few home grown players that actually have PL experience and quality would be shooting ourselves in the foot. Selling Torres would be much more logical, though admittedly harder. Then again while selling Torres might not yield as much transfer money, his high salary would still free up quite a bit of money. So let's hope Athletico or some other team is foolish enough to buy him. Otherwise I see us ending up with four strikers.

I can't see us selling Lukaku. Not only because he might still have quite a future here, but because we really have a shortage of English/Home grown players. We will already need to promote a few youth players to get a full squad to follow the rule, selling one of the few home grown players that actually have PL experience and quality would be shooting ourselves in the foot. Selling Torres would be much more logical, though admittedly harder. Then again while selling Torres might not yield as much transfer money, his high salary would still free up quite a bit of money. So let's hope Athletico or some other team is foolish enough to buy him. Otherwise I see us ending up with four strikers.

The board would be so foolish to sell Lukaku. Drogba will be off next season and if Lukaku goes we most likely will look for another striker in the market next season anyway. We should meet the HG rules but it won't help by selling Lukaku. If we do that we are just creating a problem for ourselves. When I keep seeing Everton are still working towards signing him on a permanent basis I just keep hoping bour board aren't foolish to sell him. It is a blessing that he is a HG player as he can be with us for the next decade.

It should be a no-brainer for the board. One being because he is still the future of this club and secondly he is homegrown and an exceptional talent. The HG quota is very important. We are just setting up a problem for ourselves if we get rid of him. Will be ludicrous to sell him. Words can't explain how angry I will be if he is moved on.

The board would be so foolish to sell Lukaku. Drogba will be off next season and if Lukaku goes we most likely will look for another striker in the market next season anyway. We should meet the HG rules but it won't help by selling Lukaku. If we do that we are just creating a problem for ourselves. When I keep seeing Everton are still working towards signing him on a permanent basis I just keep hoping bour board aren't foolish to sell him. It is a blessing that he is a HG player as he can be with us for the next decade.

It should be a no-brainer for the board. One being because he is still the future of this club and secondly he is homegrown and an exceptional talent. The HG quota is very important. We are just setting up a problem for ourselves if we get rid of him. Will be ludicrous to sell him. Words can't explain how angry I will be if he is moved on.

Not entirely up to Chelsea at this point. He hasn't signed an extension if that continues this is the last window where we can truly capitalize on a sale.