Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Romelu Lukaku

BlueLion.
Followers 4

He looked really out of shape to me so unfair to judge him too harshly. I do wonder if he could have problems with his conditioning at some point in his career though, and he does have a tendency to look lazy/drift in and out of games.

Weird looking back but this guy really wasn't a Mourinho player in the slightest.

• Like 2
  • Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm afraid not a lot of you will have seen the interview (let alone be able to understand a single word they say ). So here's the summary of the most important things that have been said: He's feeling

Big words from Drog.

Wrong shirt at the wrong moment Romelu

Posted Images

Not that I owe you any explaining at all, but look at the reactions that the guy's getting after one bad game. Not to mention the Mata thread.

Unfortunatley, its no news that people are narrowminded.

I was expecting these comments.. He didn't score in his first game and now he is garbage.. Let's just don't forget that in the past two seasons he outscored Torres, Eto'o and Ba,

There will be an apocalypse here if Costa failed to score in the first one or two games.

1 game does not change the fact that he has an amateur first touch, no workrate. He doesnt even look like a footballer. He is a goal scorer only. Its not only 1 game, I never was a Lukaku fan. He is good for a midtable team, not for a club like Chelsea.

• 2 weeks later...

Samuel Eto'o to Everton all but confirmed according to BBC.

Imagine Lukaku going to the Everton dressing room and finding Eto'o there. Another "woah, what's happening here" moment? :whistling:

Think he'll ask for a loan away from Everton? Now THAT would be funny! :lol:

• Like 4

Mourinho complimented Lukaku in his PC yesterday. Jamie Redknapp speaking on Soccer AM said a similar thing and spoke on how ambitious he is to leave his boyhood club to play for a team where he will be no. 1 striker. He could have easily chosen to get a new contract on big wages and be happy to stay on the bench but he puts his football first. How people accuse him of being a coward is beyond me. As Redknapp was saying we bought Costa for £32m and although he looks like a retiring 40 year old, he is only 25 and he is never going to lose his place as he is a long term investment. The natural choice for Lukaku at his age and with his potential is to play. That is what he is going to get. Why people feel he should be obliged to stay and play second fiddle is mind boggling. The fact is he never was realistically going to ever be no.1 forward with Costa here and imo the logical decision for him was to move.

• Like 2

Mourinho complimented Lukaku in his PC yesterday. Jamie Redknapp speaking on Soccer AM said a similar thing and spoke on how ambitious he is to leave his boyhood club to play for a team where he will be no. 1 striker. He could have easily chosen to get a new contract on big wages and be happy to stay on the bench but he puts his football first. How people accuse him of being a coward is beyond me. As Redknapp was saying we bought Costa for £32m and although he looks like a retiring 40 year old, he is only 25 and he is never going to lose his place as he is a long term investment. The natural choice for Lukaku at his age and with his potential is to play. That is what he is going to get. Why people feel he should be obliged to stay and play second fiddle is mind boggling. The fact is he never was realistically going to ever be no.1 forward with Costa here and imo the logical decision for him was to move.

Right.....and the excuses for last season when his competition was Torres, Ba and Eto'o are....

Serial bottler.

• Like 2