Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Romelu Lukaku

BlueLion.
Followers 4

If we had the same kind of patience with Torres as we did for our managers then we wouldn't be in the position we are in today.

We don't know what the Abramovich and the board think of Torres, they may have lost faith just the same as us but what can they do in the middle of a season? Sacking a manager is a much simpler decision because he can be replaced at any time and the club don't have to worry about whether or not he can find another job after failing at Chelsea but getting rid of an expensive flop of a player is more difficult as he can only be sold during a transfer window and some other has to be interested in investing in the player. As much as me and a bunch of other guys said it in the summer that Torres is past it and going into the season with him as our main man was always going to end in tears, I still understand the club's decision because the money invested in him was so massive and if there was even a slightest of chance that Torres would 'be back to his best' with our new creative players behind him and him as the number one striker it was a risk they simply had to take. Now even they can't deny that Fernando is finished and no matter who we bring in to help him our other strikers Ba and Lukaku can still do the job better than him so paying this flop £175k a week isn't worth it. When even our fans boo him at our home games you know it has reached the point of no return.

Anyway, back to Lukaku. I'm so glad he can't play against us this weekend, WBA will be without their most influential striker and I doubt they will recall Odemwingie for that game either. Not too worried about Shane Long playing as their lone striker.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm afraid not a lot of you will have seen the interview (let alone be able to understand a single word they say ). So here's the summary of the most important things that have been said: He's feeling

Big words from Drog.

Wrong shirt at the wrong moment Romelu

Posted Images

Lukaku should only return next season if the next manager sees that having only him and Ba as strikers is enough for the team (if we continue to play with a lone striker). Other wise he won't be getting any time here just like last season.

Nah, they all just leave him completely free all the time...

It took the opposition's sides 3 games before even noticing he was on the pitch!

The small bloke he is :D

• Like 1

Lukaku making a great impression on Belgian tv right now. He seems to have matured so much over the last 12 months.

Do you speak dutch or did you just choose the wrong flag in the beginning B) ?

But anyways... it's true! A very open hearted interview! I will give a brief summary in the next post!

Nice job there @Atholy,! Great interview. Romelu really is a great promising player and very mature person already. Hopefully he becomes a Chelsea legend someday...

All of you are very welcome!

And indeed... Romelu has been the most humble and amazingly mature person for his age (even when he was 16 at Anderlecht)!

He shows great promise and I'm very happy I don't have to right all these messages anymore to try and convince the others from the fact he's really good!

I share your hopes that he will, one day, become a true Chelsea legend!

Important remark: Anderlechts assistant manager was on national television last monday. He also talked about Romelu saying: there really was NO OTHER CLUB Lukaku wanted to go to => This boy has a chelsea heart, just like all of us!!

• Like 2

Wow lukaku really is mature no wonder the west brom fans love him.With an attititude like that a player with not a lot of talent can still become a very good player due to his sheer hard work and determinetion and if you have the talent and physical gifts like lukaku has then i got no doubt in my mind that romelu will become a massive player.I just hope he fulfills his potential at stamford bridge and not somewhere else.

• Like 1

You couldn't want anything more from a modern footballer. He sounds absolutely brilliant in that interview and is exactly the type of player (along with people like Mata) that we need, not just on the pitch but off it too.

I think we have a genuine star here. :dance::dance:

• Like 1

@Atholy :

What a nice article. thanks for sharing this!

Ps: He will eventually be a legend. I am confident!

Haha cheers! I felt more like a translator (without the tons of cash they earn for every sentence they write :D ).

But I thought it's a good thing to share these moments on Belgian Television with the 4 non belgian friends ( :eyebrows: ) in this topic who didn't watch 'De Kruitfabriek' yesterday.

• Like 1

Haha cheers! I felt more like a translator (without the tons of cash they earn for every sentence they write :D ).

But I thought it's a good thing to share these moments on Belgian Television with the 4 non belgian friends ( :eyebrows: ) in this topic who didn't watch 'De Kruitfabriek' yesterday.

+ the one belgian friend that also missed it and was happy with your translation effort :-) Thanks mate!

• Like 1