Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Is it my idea or this is the first player in the abramovich era who said his dream team is chelsea. Non of the player in the las 11 years has said that??

Or am I wrong??

Be completed tomorrow. His medical is tomorrow and it would take at least 5 minutes for him to sign the contract, amd then some pics and a video recording. From there he will go back to Belgium and play for the national team.

Strange, the Dad says the deal was done on Wednesday, and that he played the game on Friday knowing that he is off to SW6

That's probably why he got so emotional after scoring his last goal for Anderlecht - he kissed the club badge for the first time (and last for awhile).

3:00 am in the UK, nothing officially finalised yet. Answering magic weeds, I just see that as another positive attribute pertaining to Lukaku's professionalism as it further highlights to me that the lad just loves playing football. Been watching some more of his vids/games and am just getting more and more excited over the prospect of him playing with Torres, Sturridge and Drogba etc. A lot of the rivals are too or rather just beginning to comprehend the versatility and power we avail, especially the Arsenal fans :eyebrows:

When a young fan gave him a questionnaire to fill in, at a recent sponsors’ event in the Flemish city of Hasselt, there was no hesitation over his answer to ‘What is your dream?’ With little regard for the reaction of Anderlecht fans, he scribbled: ‘To be a Chelsea player.’
Lukaku recounted. ‘It was the day after my 17th birthday, and I was with Vincent Kompany on international duty. He was speaking to Drogba on his mobile phone, and suddenly passed it to me. We spoke for 20-30 minutes, and I asked Didier so many questions, about what he does in training and what it was like to play at Stamford Bridge.’

llarticle20235060d566a7.jpg

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1UPEKti5e

To TerminatorX: you were upset with this signing when it happened. You called it baffling. Has his devotion to the club changed your mind?

I still think our transfer policy needs evaluating though, as this is a risky strategy. Investing in youth at a time when we need first team acquisitions.

As for Lukaku, I've already expressed my reaction to his attitude towards the club. It's hard not to love the first genuine chelsea fan to sign under the roman era, who wouldn't want him to succeed?

Not sure why we need this fella. Wide player would have been better -unless the plan is to play Sturridge out there..

Not sure why we need this fella. Wide player would have been better -unless the plan is to play Sturridge out there..

I still think our transfer policy needs evaluating though, as this is a risky strategy. Investing in youth at a time when we need first team acquisitions.

As for Lukaku, I've already expressed my reaction to his attitude towards the club. It's hard not to love the first genuine chelsea fan to sign under the roman era, who wouldn't want him to succeed?

I agree with you in the sense that the move doesn't make much sense now but it will in a year or two. And who knows if he would still have been available when we did need him for a first team role? Besides we've signed him at 18 so he will count as a homegrown player in the future.

If we were ever going to sign him then it needed to be done this summer.

I really hope he develops his technique and doesn't just rely on his size and athleticism.

I agree with you in the sense that the move doesn't make much sense now but it will in a year or two. And who knows if he would still have been available when we did need him for a first team role? Besides we've signed him at 18 so he will count as a homegrown player in the future.

If we were ever going to sign him then it needed to be done this summer.

I really hope he develops his technique and doesn't just rely on his size and athleticism.

Maybe he could pick up a few tricks from Torres.

“It is true we wanted Romelu Lukaku last summer, but he has a very clever dad. He wanted Romelu to stay at Anderlecht for one more year. I wish all dads were like this.”

Jose Mourihno

Mourinho is such a hero.

I think this is a great signing, Drogba is 33 now and let's be honest Chelsea needed a new Drogba, we are the epitome of power and technical prowess mixed together and Lukaku embodies that fully, by time Torres is 30/31 and, let's be honest, past it we will have this guy coming into his prime. Not to mention his love for Chelsea which I think is amazing and something really important to have and will only make him a better player for us.