Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

11 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I thought the main thing to you was his IQ? or was it his mentality? or is it his physique? or how he seemingly scored 25 useless goals against the worst teams ever? This guy must be the worst player alive in your mind. 

He's going to be the worst striker to ever cost over 40m. 

He's more bodybuilder than athlete; finishing 90 minutes is an achievement to him; its the bare minimum for other players. He wouldn't even be useful in games which go to extra time.

Too unfit to carry any form over into Europe. 

Egotistical. 

Wasted his body's potential so far. 

Etc. 

There's plenty more players*, and just because you'll happily eat shit and smile doesn't mean it's not still shit.

*Players also going for incredible amounts of money, floating between great teams, thriving because of marketing & other variables which are not 'ability'. Players a lot of people think are great. But most people aren't sharp.

Anything over 40 mil for him and we got robbed massively. I'm starting to form a grudge for all those Chelsea fans who want him back. Wake up he doesn't give a fuck about us nor his so called love for the club, this guy left the minute he had fight with Torres for a place LOL There is no way in hell Conte wants him, he is limited as feck, Emenalo must be the one pushing for this deal.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

"Unreliable piece of shit", yet the most important player along Eden in our last two PL titles. 

Great attitude towards our players mate. Unbelievable what media can do, stir the shit around one of our best players in years to make fans like you completely forget that and start hating said player based on what? Media bullshit? 

Most are willing to replace Costa at one point when we find proper replacement which Lukaku isnt. 

I don't give a shit about Costa because I never liked the bloke. People here wanted to kill me because I enjoyed Ramos' hilariously getting Cuntdrado sent of in the UCL final, yet always go "DIEGO DIEGO DIEGO DIEGO" when Costa plays (and does fuck all for us for the past 6 months) and Diego is a dirty bastard himself on the field. On par with Ramos, Pepe etc. 

Face it my dear friend, we have a squad full with mercenaries. Every football team has. Even Spurs have them, but their fans will make you believe every single player of them is there because of Tottenham, not for the money or stepping stone bullshit.

Costa doesn't give a flying fuck about Chelsea or Antonio Conte and evidence towards that is his decline in form he has had since January after that row with Conte before the Leicester game. He has said so many times he misses Atletico and some weeks ago he even gave an interview about even wanting to play in the French Ligue 1. 

He has a horrible mentality and is way too unpredictable. A man-baby. Jeckyll and Hyde. Out with him.  

1 minute ago, Leif said:

He's more bodybuilder than athlete; finishing 90 minutes is an achievement to him; its the bare minimum for other players. He wouldn't even be useful in games which go to extra time.

Egotistical. 

Etc. 

There's plenty more players, and just because you'll happily eat shit and smile doesn't mean it's not still shit.

"He's going to be the worst striker to ever cost over 40m." Thats your personal opinion, which i don't rate highly.

"finishing 90 minutes is an achievement to him"  accruing a team-leading 3267 minutes on the pitch and appearing in all but one league match for everton during 2016-17.

"Wasted his body's potential so far" he is a dominating physical presence who has raised his goal scoring tally year after year

Do you have any actual proof to back up the ridiculous statements you make? 

8 minutes ago, Leif said:

Egotistical. 

Etc. 

There's plenty more players*, and just because you'll happily eat shit and smile doesn't mean it's not still shit.

*Players also going for incredible amounts of money, floating between great teams, thriving because of marketing & other variables which are not 'ability'. Players a lot of people think are great. But most people aren't sharp.

I'd rather keep Diego than get Lukaku, but what are you talking about? He averaged 88 minutes per appearance in the league last season. That's the same as Costa. 

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Yeah because Lukaku is blowing everyone out in belgium team right? 

He is SAME player there. Watch qualification games or last euros; he is literaly nothing special, even with Kdb and Eden behind him.

Bottom line, I guess you saw Morata and Lukaku play on regular basis for past 2-3 years. Its clear as day that Morata has advantage pretty much everywhere except in finishing. And even then, Lukaku cant do shit when facing better teams, so it doesnt help him realy to have good finish, if everything else is not in right place. 

Football is first and foremost sport of intelligence nowdays. Morata is miles ahead of Lukaku, its easy to see that.

I would love a striker who loves Chelsea and barely resembles great Didi to come here and play for next 10 years, but Lukaku aint that man. Not yet at least. 

He is allright striker, but he wont get you to next level in CL which should be our ultimate goal. 

The fact when someone this young scores 24 goals in PL and there are still so many people questioning him makes you wonder whats going on here. 

Nevermind with Costa staying probably, Morata fits this team alot more than Lukaku does, since he can play on wing or as Costa partner, something Lukaku cant.

I think Lukaku would be alright striker for us, but he has very very frustrating moments when he is not scoring, because his link up isnt great. It would be Costa all over again, except Costa can win you big games, Lukaku cant.

Lukaku has scored 4 goals in his last 6 Belgium appearances, have some respect! I guess your Costa is nothing special either then, since he's absolutely average for Spain. Aguero, Higuain have the likes of Messi, Dybala and Di Maria behind and around them yet they're still pretty average on the world stage. The international argument can't save you.

In what way is Morata a superior intelligent player exactly? Just because he's a bit technical for a striker does not mean he's automatically this super intelligent striker. He isn't a Bergkamp or something like that, far from it. Please quantify this intelligence you speak of, so we can exactly compare what Morata is so superior at compared to Lukaku when it comes to their football intelligence, if it's so easy to see. The only thing Lukaku has over Morata is finishing? So you're literally going to ignore the fact that Lukaku is a much better physical athlete than Morata? And ignore the fact that in Chelsea' current system, a powerful CF in Costa works well? I can flip it and say that I genuinely think the only thing Morata has over Lukaku is link up play.

Lukaku isn't Didier either. The only thing that they have in common is the fact that they're big, black strikers. Apart from that, they're very different. The only people that still say he resembles Didier or tries to are Chelsea fans. He said this in 2012:

"I have my father's surname, I am Romelu Lukaku - I'm not anybody else. This is my own name and the name I want people to remember." 

"Every player wants to be their own person, their own personality. I don't want to be the new anyone."

People were questioning Harry Kane as well for years. People have literally just this season accepted that he's a top forward. You have no proof that Lukaku isn't good enough for CL. You have no proof that Lukaku won't win us big games either. This would be the first "elite" club he's ever been at in his career (properly). If it's Costa all over again, that's cool for me. We did after all win 2/3 PL titles with Costa as our main CF. Lukaku in my opinion can be just as effective as Costa in this system. In this system, Lukaku is a much better fit than Morata because he has a similar profile to Diego.

17 minutes ago, Leif said:

Egotistical. 

Etc. 

Again all bullshit, Lukaku averages 88min per appearances this season. 

14 minutes ago, Leif said:

Egotistical. 

Etc. 

Is this serious? He played 90 minutes every time, unlike Hazard who usually gets tired in the 75-80. min. Also, Lukaku scored many goals in the last minutes, so what you write is not true at all.

Egoistical. Yeah. But most strikers are like that. Ibra, Suarez, Costa, Higuain, all big fans of themselves. I think you need to be like that a bit.

16 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Anything over 40 mil for him and we got robbed massively. I'm starting to form a grudge for all those Chelsea fans who want him back. Wake up he doesn't give a fuck about us nor his so called love for the club, this guy left the minute he had fight with Torres for a place LOL There is no way in hell Conte wants him, he is limited as feck, Emenalo must be the one pushing for this deal.

dude this is not 2005 anymore. back up goalkeepers cost that much.

23 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Lukaku was scared to compete with Torres and a old man Eto'o, complete bs that he loves the club and he is a "proper Chelsea." Had no problem with him leaving for Eveton, because rightfully it was the best move for him individually. Him wanting to come back to Chelsea has nothing to do with with love for the club, he wants to come back to us because we are the PL champion and  play CL football. He will be more or less like any player that signs for Chelsea.

I used to think the same but its clear he made the right move. Look at him now. Looking in hindsight, it was the best decision to make wasn't it? He's got lots more game time. He is on the upward trajectory as a player now, has improved year on year and now he might be on his way back to the PL champs, the club he's supported since he was a kid. He is proper Chelsea - the guy has supported Chelsea since his youth and has always said he wants to come back here. Of course CL football helps, but there are other clubs like United after him too, there were clubs overseas after him as well. His love for CFC damn right gave us some sort of advantage. The only thing I'm waiting for is the price of this deal - I just hope it isn't as ridiculous as been suggested, but you never know in today's transfer market.

Really bar his shocking first touch I've no complaints about him. Biggest thing for me is if he really wants to come back. If he feels he has a lot to prove then hopefully he'll be even better. Need to remember he's a young guy who is scoring loads of goals in the toughest league in the world for strikers. A bit apprehensive of a big price tag but not sure that would even phase him. 

2 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Aubameyang = better and cheaper.

How do you know he's cheaper? United and PSG are currently in a bidding war for him, if you add us to that he's gonna go for £60/70m at least. We don't really know Lukaku's price - he's not going for a £100m, Everton are just bluffing.

2 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

How much do you think Auba will cost?

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

How do you know he's cheaper? United and PSG are currently in a bidding war for him, if you add us to that he's gonna go for £60/70m at least. We don't really know Lukaku's price - he's not going for a £100m, Everton are just bluffing.

He won't cost more than £70mil that much is safe to say I think. Last I've read PSG we're almost sure to sign him for  £60mil or so, while United aren't even linked to him. Ok, I saw United getting linked to him today, but it's mirror and it's most likely bs. Di Marzio said they want a striker between Morata, Belloti and Lukaku in that order.

Just now, Georgy said:

He won't cost more than £70mil that much is safe to say I think. Last I've read PSG we're almost sure to sign him for  £60mil or so, while United aren't even linked to him. Ok, I saw United getting linked to him today, but it's mirror and it's most likely bs. Di Marzio said they want a striker between Morata, Belloti and Lukaku in that order.

But the point is he is still incredibly expensive, he will be cheaper due to PL inflated fees being more expensive than transferring to PSG and Everton being tougher to negotiate with than Dortmund. I like Auba but I don't think he would fit our team, and players whos main weapon is speed always age a little rougher, he will be amazing at PSG but I don't think he is the right choice to be our lead striker with a Conte led team.

5 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Auba isn't worth that much money either tbh. And he isn't much better than Romelu. Romelu has the advantage of being HG and can still grow as a player imo. Lukaku at 27 will be a better player IMO, as long as he continues to refine himself.