Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Right, stats don't matter much. Just because Vardy scored loads doesn't mean he should lead our line. Just because Sturridge consistently scores loads doesn't mean he should be leading our line. Just because Mario Gomez is still a consistently high scoring poacher, doesn't mean he should be leading our line. 

Because context. 

Clearly goals aren't that big a factor when looking at a striker. Heaps of other things are considered. 

So, erasing goals from the conversation for this moment - what does Lukaku offer Chelsea? Other than supposedly liking the club? (So does Peter Crouch...and he offers more, including being HG, including being consistent, including being willing to sit on the bench for Costa, including ripping apart minnows in cups and starter phases of the CL. Why can't we be fucking frugal with great effect.)

Just now, Leif said:

Right, stats don't matter much. Just because Vardy scored loads doesn't mean he should lead our line. Just because Sturridge consistently scores loads doesn't mean he should be leading our line. Just because Mario Gomez is still a consistently high scoring poacher, doesn't mean he should be leading our line. 

Because context. 

Clearly goals aren't that big a factor when looking at a striker. Heaps of other things are considered. 

So, erasing goals from the conversation for this moment - what does Lukaku offer Chelsea? Other than supposedly liking the club? (So does Peter Crouch...and he offers more.)

The strikers that you just mentioned aren't close to what Lukaku is. I'll give you the reasons.

Gomez - He is 31 and he isn't getting any younger, no reason to look at him.

Sturridge - Great player, but can't play over 10 league games a season. Why would you want a player like that?

Vardy - He is 30 and you're still undervaluing him. He is still a good galscorer.

Romelu Lukaku is 24. He can score with his head, his left foot and his right foot. Has scored 24 goals and on top of that, only one was a penalty. 

I understand there are personal preferences, but just don't find whatever reason you want to, to call this signing a bad one if it happens.

Our board being our board, I imagine a huge motivation behind wanting Lukaku is simply so United don't get him. Scared of another De Bruyne. Which is terrible logic for buying a player.

14 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

Costa has dropped Chelsea and Conte for 6 months now and people still want him to stay. 

He's an unreliable piece of shit and I'm glad if he's leaving us. 

Welcome back Big Rom. 

"Unreliable piece of shit", yet the most important player along Eden in our last two PL titles. 

Great attitude towards our players mate. Unbelievable what media can do, stir the shit around one of our best players in years to make fans like you completely forget that and start hating said player based on what? Media bullshit? 

Most are willing to replace Costa at one point when we find proper replacement which Lukaku isnt. 

1 minute ago, Leif said:

Our board being our board, I imagine a huge motivation behind wanting Lukaku is simply so United don't get him. Scared of another De Bruyne. Which is terrible logic for buying a player.

Maybe they just want a striker who's basically a guarentee to get us 20+ goals per season, mate? Maybe it's not any more complicated than that. He's young, super durable, scores loads of goals, and will be very popular.

He'll basically be to us what Harry Kane is to Spuds. A striker who loves the club and will do whatever it takes to succeed here.

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Great attitude towards our players mate. Unbelievable what media can do, stir the shit around one of our best players in years to make fans like you completely forget that and start hating said player based on what? Media bullshit?

what media? i have eyes and i see how he behaves on the pitch and how he played from january. easily our worst player.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Yeah because Lukaku is blowing everyone out in belgium team right? 

He is SAME player there. Watch qualification games or last euros; he is literaly nothing special, even with Kdb and Eden behind him.

Are you really looking at his international career? How often does the National team even get together? Does anyone perform at a high level in the international game?

He's scored 13 goals for Belgium this year.

Bottom line, I guess you saw Morata and Lukaku play on regular basis for past 2-3 years. Its clear as day that Morata has advantage pretty much everywhere except in finishing. And even then, Lukaku cant do shit when facing better teams, so it doesnt help him realy to have good finish, if everything else is not in right place. 

Morata has more pace and power than Lukaku? LOL 

Morata gets into better positions to score? LOL

It just so happens a strikers best attribute is his finishing, not his razzle dazzle dribbling....

Football is first and foremost sport of intelligence nowdays. Morata is miles ahead of Lukaku, its easy to see that.

Really? so now you can discern in ones intelligence by watching someone kick a football LOL. I know what you're alluding to but it is so subjective. Lukaku puts himself in the right position to score goals more often than than Morata and its why he scores more goals than Alvaro too. 

The fact when someone this young scores 24 goals in PL and there are still so many people questioning him makes you wonder whats going on here. 

It makes YOU wonder not me. The kid is by far one of the best strikers under the age of 25 and when you compare him to Morata in terms of actual production he dwarfs him... not even close. The guy played at West Brom and Everton, Morata was dining at the best tables in Europe and still struggled to score goals. The only reason you guys prefer Morata is because he has better touch.

of Morata's 15 goals 4 were scored against some team called Leganes...

Lukaku is homegrown and a chelsea lad clearly he makes way more sense than Morata

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

This whole Lukaku theatre is so ridiculous. For months he has been like "Hihi, I know ehre I am going, but I won't tell you". So childish. 

Players aren't allowed to say anything before it's officially confirmed, you know?

31 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

"Unreliable piece of shit", yet the most important player along Eden in our last two PL titles. 

Most are willing to replace Costa at one point when we find proper replacement which Lukaku isnt. 

I didn't see media put a gun to his head and told him to say what's in the script in a live interview, did they? What's part of "I want to go back to ATM" you cannot get?

Just now, Tautvix said:

I don't know what to think about Lukaku to be fair. He seems to be lazy, fat, not motivated enough but his goal tally is impressive.

and that's the main thing

1 minute ago, Leif said:

and that's the main thing

I thought the main thing to you was his IQ? or was it his mentality? or is it his physique? or how he seemingly scored 25 useless goals against the worst teams ever? This guy must be the worst player alive in your mind. 

Lukaku was scared to compete with Torres and a old man Eto'o, complete bs that he loves the club and he is a "proper Chelsea." Had no problem with him leaving for Eveton, because rightfully it was the best move for him individually. Him wanting to come back to Chelsea has nothing to do with with love for the club, he wants to come back to us because we are the PL champion and  play CL football. He will be more or less like any player that signs for Chelsea.

Also another lie you guys must stop telling yourselves, that is guaranteed he will be better at Chelsea then Everton due to being surrounded by better players and support. If that was the case he would thrive with Belgium but that is not the case. The list of strikers who have thrieved at a small club but failed at a big club is endless. I guess you guys would have used the same logic for Benteke too when he moved to Liverpool.

Not Costa biggest fan, but it is undeniable how important he has been to us. It is important for Chelsea to take the next step and that is not happening with Lukaku as your main striker.