Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

1 minute ago, Leif said:

After the Michy scenario I'm not letting anyone think this is a Conte signing without a laugh :lol:

You don't follow a player, as a club, season after season, despite whoever the manager is, and then sign him.....because your new manager wants him. It's the board. It's Roman and idiots. It's Fifa 18 lovers.

The same idiots that aren't afraid to take decisions. We have lost so many maangers over the past decade, yet have kept on winning.

I don't understand why a few Chelsea fans dish out on the board, it's actually one of the best around. Just be glad we don't have Arsenal's or Liverpool's Board. They put the club before anything and everything

14 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

If you took away every single one of Lukakus goals for Everton they would've finished in the same position. They rely on him for nothing.

I think that has more to do with the teams below Everton and the teams above them... The dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Ya his 25 goals mean nothing... lol

9 minutes ago, Leif said:

After the Michy scenario I'm not letting anyone think this is a Conte signing without a laugh :lol:

You don't follow a player, as a club, season after season, despite whoever the manager is, and then sign him.....because your new manager wants him. It's the board. It's Roman and idiots. It's Fifa 18 lovers.

So you're extremely confident that Conte is against the move or? You think Conte has no input whatsoever?

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

So you're extremely confident that Conte is against the move or? You think Conte has no input whatsoever?

Just like Conte didn't like Luiz and he was a 'Panic Buy',

20 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Well if we going on Attitude, Costa has a very shit one and weak mentality when he doesn't get his own way. I don't wanna be drawn into shitting on Costa because he's been very good for us, but he also lets us down with his temper and he often lets himself down by how childish he can be at time for his age. 

Yes thats why we are considering selling Costa. Because he is unreliable.

But mentality wise, Lukaku and Costa are entirely different. Costa has temperament issues, Lukaku has attitude towards football issues. 

Costa works hard, he always gives 110% in bigger games (except last months when he was relatively shit). Lukaku on other hand plays with lot of reserve, he doesnt shift to higher gear against better opponent, he just hides and goes invisible. Everton has nothing to do with that, he is same for Belgium surrounded by Eden or Kdb.

If you dont see the differences then...Costa aint perfect, but when he plays at best, he controls the anger and plays brilliantly. Lukaku is hot cold all the time. Not as bad as poor Costa, but also not as good as best Costa.

Besides atttitude towards game is entirely different than anger issues. Costa has big temperament, but not bad attitude, he is winner type of player which was seen at Chelsea and Atletico. Lukaku so far is just big fish in small pond, talking daily how great he is and ready for big club, then you see him play vs Pool or United and your not sure if that aint Carlton Cole playing upfront.

24 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Please stop this narrative man. That Morata guy has played for two of the best teams in the last decade - Zidane's Madrid and Allegri's Juve. Lukaku has played for WBA and Everton, its not a fair comparison. If Romelu does land, CFC is the first big club he's ever been at (let's not count his first spell here). 

Yeah because Lukaku is blowing everyone out in belgium team right? 

He is SAME player there. Watch qualification games or last euros; he is literaly nothing special, even with Kdb and Eden behind him.

Bottom line, I guess you saw Morata and Lukaku play on regular basis for past 2-3 years. Its clear as day that Morata has advantage pretty much everywhere except in finishing. And even then, Lukaku cant do shit when facing better teams, so it doesnt help him realy to have good finish, if everything else is not in right place. 

Football is first and foremost sport of intelligence nowdays. Morata is miles ahead of Lukaku, its easy to see that.

I would love a striker who loves Chelsea and barely resembles great Didi to come here and play for next 10 years, but Lukaku aint that man. Not yet at least. 

He is allright striker, but he wont get you to next level in CL which should be our ultimate goal. 

The fact when someone this young scores 24 goals in PL and there are still so many people questioning him makes you wonder whats going on here. 

Nevermind with Costa staying probably, Morata fits this team alot more than Lukaku does, since he can play on wing or as Costa partner, something Lukaku cant.

I think Lukaku would be alright striker for us, but he has very very frustrating moments when he is not scoring, because his link up isnt great. It would be Costa all over again, except Costa can win you big games, Lukaku cant.

If we get him, it's pretty clear that Conte wants to play either 3-5-2 or 4-2-4 next season with a more technical shadow striker next to Lukaku. Can't see Conte playing him in a formation such as 3-4-3 where the lone striker needs to do so much more than just put the ball into the net.

16 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I really want both, tbh...

That would be nice but absolutely zero chance of that happening. Lukaku, for me is by far the better choice. He is obviously yet to prove himself in Europe but this season he did impress me. If given the choice I would try and get Griezmann too and play him of Lukaku. 

15 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

If we get him, it's pretty clear that Conte wants to play either 3-5-2 or 4-2-4 next season with a more technical shadow striker next to Lukaku. Can't see Conte playing him in a formation such as 3-4-3 where the lone striker needs to do so much more than just put the ball into the net.

And all Lukaku does is putting the ball into the net? He got 7 assists this season..

During the last few years, Lukaku had developed his ball playing very much. Him and Deulofeu, Barkley and sometimes even Lennon made wonderful things. And it's Lennon and Barkley, not Hazard and Fábregas.

11 minutes ago, DDA said:

That would be nice but absolutely zero chance of that happening. Lukaku, for me is by far the better choice. He is obviously yet to prove himself in Europe but this season he did impress me. If given the choice I would try and get Griezmann too and play him of Lukaku. 

4-2-4 formation with Lukaku and Morata up top & Hazard and Pedro/Willian flanking them. Could work well.

1 hour ago, We Hate Scouse said:

If you took away every single one of Lukakus goals for Everton they would've finished in the same position. They rely on him for nothing.

In comparison Diego Costa was the most important and decisive striker.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4447108/Chelsea-news-Diego-Costa-s-goals-earned-points.html

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

4-2-4 formation with Lukaku and Morata up top & Hazard and Pedro/Willian flanking them. Could work well.

That way it would make sense why we are linked with another top CB and defensive mid Bakayoko so much.

It would also make alot of sense why we are targeting only new LB, because then Azpi would automaticly play RB (hence we would only need cheap backup RB like Alves) and we only need to improve left side with someone better than Alonso.

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Lukaku's gonna be a hit. Calling it here first. I can't tell you how much the system at CFC fits him. He's going to score loads. 

Are we going to be a better team with him though? Which is most important to me.