Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

1 minute ago, iceboy said:

Can't understand why many fans are against him. Good move from the club he belongs to Chelsea. Will guarantees us 20 goals..

Mate he is worse than Costa, the only difference between them is one can make a difference if he is in form and the other is plain shit against big clubs. Lukaku is a product of inflating his tally, scoring as many as possible against shit teams while doing nothing against the better ones.

I'll have a meltdown if he comes here to be honest, but maybe that's just me. I swear I don't know understand how any Chelsea fan would want him here. This guy couldn't even fight for his place at THE CLUB HE CLAIMS HE LOVES and now wants back to play CL. Hope he doesn't touch an inch of our locker room.

He minces his words to try and make sure he comes off with a halo after anything he says. 
He doesn't motivate the players around him to play better, he just lambasts the right back when he can't reach him 80 yards away with a pin point pass (lambasting which won't happen here, because he'll want his halo effect. In turn, he's just a fake person.)
He still has stamina issues. No way he can play week in week out both in the Premier League & against the best in Europe; - not effectively.
His individual game, technique, etc, is poor - he's scored the amount he has simply because that was Everton's goal, as a team, to put the goals through him. He's shown nothing that can benefit us; he simply stayed as far forward as he could each game and hope the defenders made the mistake of being too far forward for a split second, letting him run with average pace to place average shots in the back of the net. If you want this amount of goals from Lukaku again, you have to buy their whole team, play as they do, and suffer as they do.
He's shown more obsession and interest in being the next Drogba than the first Lukaku. He's too in his head and not enough in his body.
He's not above average for Belgium; he's already shown 0 exceptional chemistry with Hazard.

I'm not saying this sums him up entirely, but these are the valid negatives he brings.

Very underwhelming if true, especially for that price. Every game he doesn't score will be a moan fest. It's a downgrade from Costa but the lack of forwards available makes it understandable. The only thing he has going for him is his age. He will improve.

If he were to rotate with Costa, it sounds like a lot of firepower, and other fans who're 18 and on Twitter will buy into it also, but mentality is everything, most of us must know it by now. And surely if measured, we'd see both Lukaku & Costa end up at the bottom end of any scale measuring who has/hasn't got an affective mentality.

Lukaku & Costa have the same drawbacks, but Costa's positives are twice as positive. They're not in the same league, and even Costa himself isn't in the top tier. It'd be frightening to buy more into sentiment than quality. Especially when it costs over 50m, and costs you competitions, chemistry, morale, versatility. 

Another Roman signing. Conte would despise this kind of player.

1 minute ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

Very underwhelming if true, especially for that price. Every game he doesn't score will be a moan fest. It's a downgrade from Costa but the lack of forwards available makes it understandable. The only thing he has going for him is his age. He will improve.

Is it a downgrade, though? More like a sideways move for me. Neither are great with the ball and both sometimes have trouble in tight areas when closed down. 

I think Diego's biggest positive for us is that he's clutch. Seems to frequently pop up at the right time with a very incisive goal. Lukaku is stronger, bigger, and much better in the air. Plus, and perhaps most importantly, he's never a liability with his temperament. Never gets injured and isn't a controversial person publicly. 

Like you say, there aren't really other options that would be any cheaper and even if we spent £80m or more on someone like Belotti you'd have to pray that he's the real deal and can cut it in a new country, much tougher league, and deal with all the pressure of being a mega expensive player. With Rom we know precisely what we're getting. He knows exactly how to play in the PL.

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Again with the conspiracy theories. I need someone to prove to me how they know Conte isn't the one after Lukaku. Concrete facts. 

Just look at the other threads mate. There has been a full-blown panic ever since Silva went to Man C. Suddenly you need to wrap up your transfers in May or otherwise be considered incompetent. 

Personally I think Lukaku is a reliable goal scorer with room to improve. He might not be the player that brings Chelsea up a level straight away, but we would not become weaker with him in the squad. If he joins alongside Baka/Tolisso in CM, a decent purchase in RWB and some width in the AM I would be happy. If we would also get Van Dijk that would be an awesome transfer window.  

14 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Lukaku's gonna be a hit. Calling it here first. I can't tell you how much the system at CFC fits him. He's going to score loads. 

Like I mentioned in a previous post, would be great having a striker that's a huge aerial threat. Gives us a new dimension.

10 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Just look at the other threads mate. There has been a full-blown panic ever since Silva went to Man C. Suddenly you need to wrap up your transfers in May or otherwise be considered incompetent. 

Personally I think Lukaku is a reliable goal scorer with room to improve. He might not be the player that brings Chelsea up a level straight away, but we would not become weaker with him in the squad. If he joins alongside Baka/Tolisso in CM, a decent purchase in RWB and some width in the AM I would be happy. If we would also get Van Dijk that would be an awesome transfer window.  

I agree with most of your post - I just think there are better CBs available at VVDs price. For example - Romagnoli, Bonucci, Laporte would all be better purchases. But that's for another thread. I think I'd rather give Christensen a chance - he's just like a new signing essentially. If he wasn't owned by Chelsea he would've been snapped up by one of the other big clubs by now. He's got a fan in Pep for example. 

I, for once used to love costa and against Lukaku joining, but after all the shit costa put us through, I'm in. At least, he's not gonna get a red card on his off days.

look on the bright side people. We will have any bs things like Lukaku want to join ATM