Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

1 hour ago, mashimaru161 said:

Couldn't get why emenalo is so obessed with this kid? Just to spite mourinho, "see, I'm right, sucker"?

Or maybe because he's scored about 50 goals in the last two seasons?

Anyways, unlike any other striker we would bring in, we wouldn't have to worry about a potential settling in period with Lukaku so that's another huge positive. He knows what PL football is all about and the demands that are placed on a player. For example, we just saw the Bundesliga player of the year Mkhitaryan struggle mightily in his first season in England and he was unstoppable in Germany last season. When you're spending mega money on a striker you can't afford a poor season from him.

Unless United come in with an offer that we'd be stupid to pay, I think Lukaku is as good as ours at this point. Think he's desperate to return "home," and prove that he's earned his way back to Chelsea.

2 hours ago, mashimaru161 said:

Couldn't get why emenalo is so obessed with this kid? Just to spite mourinho, "see, I'm right, sucker"?

And why it's emanolo. 

Conte wanted him as well before in juventus.... 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Or maybe because he's scored about 50 goals in the last two seasons?

Anyways, unlike any other striker we would bring in, we wouldn't have to worry about a potential settling in period with Lukaku so that's another huge positive. He knows what PL football is all about and the demands that are placed on a player. For example, we just saw the Bundesliga player of the year Mkhitaryan struggle mightily in his first season in England and he was unstoppable in Germany last season. When you're spending mega money on a striker you can't afford a poor season from him.

Unless United come in with an offer that we'd be stupid to pay, I think Lukaku is as good as ours at this point. Think he's desperate to return "home," and prove that he's earned his way back to Chelsea.

Oh yes against small team, while he miraculously disappear in big matches cough*EuroCup*cough. Credit to him for actually desperate to rejoin us thoigh. Think we can ask him to make request to reduce his price? 100m is a big much...

54 minutes ago, Fernando said:

And why it's emanolo. 

Conte wanted him as well before in juventus.... 

Conte want a lazy, huge ego character? I didn't know...

1 hour ago, mashimaru161 said:

Oh yes against small team, while he miraculously disappear in big matches cough*EuroCup*cough. Credit to him for actually desperate to rejoin us thoigh. Think we can ask him to make request to reduce his price? 100m is a big much...

Conte want a lazy, huge ego character? I didn't know...

Seek past years where it said Conte wanted to bring Lukaku to Juventus. 

28 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Seek past years where it said Conte wanted to bring Lukaku to Juventus. 

I got the news that he confirmed he rejected Juve offer in the the summer of 2016 while conte was already at chelsea, are there any earlier reports? 

11 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

I got the news that he confirmed he rejected Juve offer in the the summer of 2016 while conte was already at chelsea, are there any earlier reports? 

Conte's reported interest in the Belgian shouldn't come as a surprise. Back in 2014, before the youngster moved to Everton, the incoming Stamford Bridge boss quit Juventus after he and the club board couldn't come to an agreement on the Bianconeri transfer policy, amid rumours the Italians decided against pursuing Lukaku more strongly, per Ben Jefferson of the Daily Express.

Lukaku later admitted Juventus did make an approach, but he chose Everton because it was the perfect place for him to develop, per the Sunday People (h/t Goal's Liam Twomey).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2630117-chelsea-transfer-news-romelu-lukaku-wanted-by-antonio-conte-latest-rumours

44 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Conte's reported interest in the Belgian shouldn't come as a surprise. Back in 2014, before the youngster moved to Everton, the incoming Stamford Bridge boss quit Juventus after he and the club board couldn't come to an agreement on the Bianconeri transfer policy, amid rumours the Italians decided against pursuing Lukaku more strongly, per Ben Jefferson of the Daily Express.

Lukaku later admitted Juventus did make an approach, but he chose Everton because it was the perfect place for him to develop, per the Sunday People (h/t Goal's Liam Twomey).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2630117-chelsea-transfer-news-romelu-lukaku-wanted-by-antonio-conte-latest-rumours

You really think that is enough evidence to conclude that Conte wanted him at Juventus?

hundred of players are linked to Chelsea every day, I guess we should conclude Chelsea wants every one of them too.

Say Juventus did inquire about him; which is not impossible since Juve are very cheap and opportunistic, I could see them attempting Cuardado like loan-buy deal or whatever. One of the article talks about their pursue even after Conte resigned that summer.

Even so you are making a unsubstantiated  claim of Conte wanted him at Juventus.

11 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

You really think that is enough evidence to conclude that Conte wanted him at Juventus?

hundred of players are linked to Chelsea every day, I guess we should conclude Chelsea wants every one of them too.

Say Juventus did inquire about him; which is not impossible since Juve are very cheap and opportunistic, I could see them attempting Cuardado like loan-buy deal or whatever. One of the article talks about their pursue even after Conte resigned that summer.

Even so you are making a unsubstantiated  claim of Conte wanted him at Juventus.

Not only that we was also linked with him at the beginning of the season and instead we got Bats. 

Needless to say Bats was an emanolo signing. 

To me it's clear Conte wants Lukaku. 

EDEN - ROM - MORATA

I'd be happy with that! Defenders wouldn't know WTF to do. Give them all the same freedom that Eden has this season and it would be amazing IMHO. With a couple of new  technically minded lads that can feed them balls and put them on a bonus for each goal/assist and they would have a field day. ( LOL Maybe not the £143,000 a goal bonus Big Nose got tho) make it higher when each target is achieved, and more scored in Europe. And maybe if they dont hit individual targets take the money back off them! Enough incentive for even Tibo to score.

4024E80A00000578-4489690-Ibrahimovic_ear

If our aim is to compete only for PL, then it would be alright signing. But with him leading the attack, our chances of getting at least CL semifinal decrease dramatically. Never liked him and anything he's done at Everton didn't convince me at all. I just hope it's  Conte's demand. 

Doing essentially a straight swap of Costa for Lukaku without also signing an additional striker just doesn't make sense. This is why I'm not worried. We have to be signing more than one forward. It's going to be Lukaku + someone.

Going from Costa & Batshuayi to Lukaku & Batshuayi doesn't make us any better.