Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

Here's an overview of all his 61 goals for Everton! Imagine there are still people on here who claim that his only strength is to run towards goal on a counter. Have a look at how many goals he makes in the 16 yard box. Exactly what we are missing at the moment!

https://www.playsports.be/videozone/allecategorieen/premier-league/record-lukaku?vepE13_VID 

20 hours ago, Atholy said:

Here's an overview of all his 61 goals for Everton! Imagine there are still people on here who claim that his only strength is to run towards goal on a counter. Have a look at how many goals he makes in the 16 yard box. Exactly what we are missing at the moment!

https://www.playsports.be/videozone/allecategorieen/premier-league/record-lukaku?vepE13_VID 

He certainly has improved a lot since he left for Everton!
I will say that I was wrong that he wouldn't become a top striker. His attitude still worries me though.

He certainly has improved a lot since he left for Everton!
I will say that I was wrong that he wouldn't become a top striker. His attitude still worries me though.

What attitude? He was hungry to succeed and prove himself so he left for another club to do that. No point sitting on the bench when youre as good as the guy who is starting. He can say that now at the very least.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Being signed by the team you apparently grew up supporting, achieving the true dream which so few players get the joy of experiencing, and leaving while you're still underage to drink in many countries, shows terrible mentality. It doesn't matter if he thinks he was ready for a bigger role (he was) or if he believed another few seasons on the bench would've ruined his career (to an extent it would've). Who the hell just leaves the club they grew up supporting, especially when they're not being forced out? If it was about proving himself, he could've asked for another loan. He's simply an odd bloke, and my gut tells me he supported us for around 3 years after growing tired of only following a side in Belgium, especially since his brother picked up Arsenal. How else could he be so hot-and-cold?

Regardless, I can't be the only one to see through the mirage of marketing surely, especially that video of him at Stamford Bridge, and the stories put out (via his agent & publicist) comparing him to Drogba etc. All geared towards Lukaku getting a big deal from us. He didn't show an ounce of desire on the pitch for me. He still doesn't now. He's already made it; playing in the best league, compared to his 'idol', signed by a real top team, etc. There's nothing left to motivate him, and I want motivated players.

If we're talking about on-the-field attitude, he jogs like Berbatov and throws a frustrated face and up-in-arms gesture towards players who aim a perfect ball for him, only for himself to not anticipate it correctly and have it end up with the opposition. When he does score, his celebrations then imply he's been trying hard for 90 minutes. He's no upgrade on Costa; same weaknesses, same strengths. To a T. Except Lukaku is an inch faster, and scores an inch more goals (which I myself still barely accept as reality since it's so messed up when taken into account what's been said about both.)

On 2/26/2017 at 2:56 PM, Thor said:

Honestly at this point, I think he may be a better player than Costa. 

You can harp on about consistency, but one guy plays for Everton, and the other for Chelsea. Easier to convert chances when a lot more are being created for you and you're surrounded by far better talent.

Costa, for such a big and strong guy himself really struggles for me in regards to playing with his back to goal. Even Torres, for all the talk of being soft and a sissy at times was far better in the link up, and hold up aspect of things, and he originally didn't start off that way as a player. Costa really struggles with his touch and ability to shield the ball when coming back to meet the ball. Kills off a few of our promising attacks.

When he is side on with his man, he is fantastic, and knows how to keep his man off him. I also don't mind his runs when he is facing goal and tries to take on 2 or 3 players. I've always considered it a positive since it keeps the defenders on their toes, and he is in fact a lot better at it than people give him credit for at it. 

Lukaku looks like a completely different player than what he once was. His movement is great in the box, he can still slip the lines and use his pace, and he dribbling has gotten a lot better. If he was playing for one of the top teams, I think he'd be getting best striker in the league talks. 

I don't disagree with your assessment of Diego's limitations although I think his first touch and control have been pretty good lately, but I do disagree with the comparison, and especially the idea that Diego has an advantage for being surrounded by better players.

Similar logic comes often on hazard thread when he has a quiet game and it does not work for me there either.

Being a big player in a smaller club *can* make you look a lot better than you actually are: there are so many examples that it would take a whole thread (Carrol, Bony, most liverpool players :) )
While being in a small club can indeed hamper his progress, that's for him to figure out.

For us, it is very difficult to know whether Lukaku would've been as effective in the current system, but the evidence is that probably not. What we do know is that Diego works really well in this system, and what we don't know is how lukaku would have. I know imagination is fun and all, but playing at the level Diego has been and as consistently is not easy. I for one cannot make that assumption.

It's also very *different* to have the entire team playing to your strengths versus just being a team member. Would Lukaku do as well with far less counter attacking for example? Would he contribute when we have to play against 11 players behind the ball? Not saying he can't, just that we don't yet know.

Stick him on the RW with Eden and Diego and they would all score goals. Diego was a good 1/2 second and 1/2 yard slow last night and Eden needs a partner to play off

Romelu Lukaku will not sign Everton contract: Door open for Man Utd or Chelsea move

ROMELU LUKAKU will not sign a new £140,000-a-week contract at Everton, according to shock reports.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/779135/Everton-Romelu-Lukaku-contract-Manchester-United-Chelsea-transfer-latest-gossip

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Stick him on the RW with Eden and Diego and they would all score goals. Diego was a good 1/2 second and 1/2 yard slow last night and Eden needs a partner to play off

Romelu Lukaku will not sign Everton contract: Door open for Man Utd or Chelsea move

ROMELU LUKAKU will not sign a new £140,000-a-week contract at Everton, according to shock reports.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/779135/Everton-Romelu-Lukaku-contract-Manchester-United-Chelsea-transfer-latest-gossip

Going after someone who in the first place should have never left. But the guy has potential, sign him already. We need a good replacement for Costa. Lukaku is  perfect given that he is young and has solid goal scoring record in PL. We could have easily developed Lukaku to this level(pisses me that the club couldn't/doesn't do this for the young talent we have/had)

We have to sign him. Unfinished business and all that. You know he'll play his heart out for the club as he's a genuine Chelsea fan. Offers all the goals Costa does without any of the baggage or angling for moves away. Only 23-24 years old and can only get better. Can end up giving the club 10 years or more and has the potential to eclipse Lampard as our leading goal scorer. We have a world class coach who can make him world class.

Biggest worry is that Rooney will most certainly be off in the summer and Zlatan may be lured away to MLS mega dollars. Would not surprise me at all if Mou targeted both Griezmann and Lukaku. They'll be our biggest competition I think. Would be absolutely awful if he goes to one of our title rivals as I think he'll be even more lethal surrounded by top players.

This report that he won't sign a contract coming from so many reputable sources at the same time screams leak directly from Lukaku's camp or even the club themselves. Surely a big, big club has been in Rom/Raiola's ear and told him not to sign anything as they'll be in for him in the summer. Hope it's us.

If Costa, is going in the summer, which seems likely, he's the closest replacement in terms of style of play.

Is he at the same level of Costa? Certainly no, but he also certainly has the potential to surpass Diego by miles. 

I will miss Costa if he goes but I would not be too concerned if we sign Lukaku. He is getting better every single game, improving his all round play, especially his back to goal and scores goals and is 5 years younger than Costa and will be a brilliant long term option. He is only going to get better and I would rather us than another PL team get him. He is a boyhood Chelsea fan too and you would think if he came here with assurances of being no.1 striker, we would be his first choice.

Don't think people understand how much I DON'T want Lukaku at Chelsea.

Praying that Costa stays until Lukaku has transferred to another club and that Mino Raiola steers him to move to United or Arsenal, or whomever else. 

Lukaku just talks so much shit and has such an inflated sense of self-worth that oozes out of his interviews. The man genuinely believes he's in the same league with the TOP strikers in Europe. If he's so great, tell me why absolutely NO European club moved heaven and earth to sign him last summer when all he did was scream from the rooftops begging any team that qualifies for UCL football regularly to come and sign him. Not Napoli, not Juventus, not United, not Liverpool, not Arsenal, not City, not Chelsea (although of course CFC fucking tried). Not Atletico Madrid. Not. One. Single. Club.

Calma Lukaku, calma. 

I'm telling you guys. IF we grant Costa's wish, and he still wants to go to China or back home to Atletico Madrid, Lukaku is nailed on 1,000% signing for Chelsea. I can feel it in my bones. And then I'ma just laugh to keep from crying. 

3 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Don't think people understand how much I DON'T want Lukaku at Chelsea.

Praying that Costa stays until Lukaku has transferred to another club and that Mino Raiola steers him to move to United or Arsenal, or whomever else. 

Lukaku just talks so much shit and has such an inflated sense of self-worth that oozes out of his interviews. The man genuinely believes he's in the same league with the TOP strikers in Europe. If he's so great, tell me why absolutely NO European club moved heaven and earth to sign him last summer when all he did was scream from the rooftops begging any team that qualifies for UCL football regularly to come and sign him. Not Napoli, not Juventus, not United, not Liverpool, not Arsenal, not City, not Chelsea (although of course CFC fucking tried). Not Atletico Madrid. Not. One. Single. Club.

Calma Lukaku, calma. 

I'm telling you guys. IF we grant Costa's wish, and he still wants to go to China or back home to Atletico Madrid, Lukaku is nailed on 1,000% signing for Chelsea. I can feel it in my bones. And then I'ma just laugh to keep from crying. 

I do.

Because... who's available to replace Costa who's back in his 15/16 season form atm? Morata? Please no.

People slamming Lukaku on here but praising Costa at the moment need the get their heads checked. Costa is dogshit at the moment.