Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

He wouldn't need to be the only source of goals here like he has to at Everton. People have to remember that. He'd be surrounded by the likes of Hazard, Pedro, and Willian (plus whoever else we sign) who can all chip in double digit goals in a season. At Everton he's their only reliable goal source and he carries them on his back.

Honestly, I don't think our level would drop much if at all with Lukaku in place of Costa. If Diego must go in the summer, Lukaku + Morata or some other mobile, "second striker" type would make me very pleased. Love him or hate him Lukaku is the real deal now. A reliable, 20 goal per season striker at the age of only 23. His touch can be poor as hell some matches but then isn't Diego's?

People slam Lukaku here for having a poor touch yet Diego's is even worse and Diego is a selfish cunt that jeopardizes too many chances.

18 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

People slam Lukaku here for having a poor touch yet Diego's is even worse and Diego is a selfish cunt that jeopardizes too many chances.

You clearly never watch Diego play if you think lukaku has a better touch and he is selfish.

2 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

You clearly never watch Diego play if you think lukaku has a better touch and he is selfish.

You are telling me that Diego Costa is not a selfish player?

Please, watch the full match against Arsenal again and don't tell me we could've won that 6-1 if it wasn't for Diego not giving the ball to the other players. 

Every time I saw Lukaku play for us, I felt what I feel now when I watch RLC.

Risky business wanting a player who gets slated week in week out despite being one of a club's top scorers ever. I don't think he'd offer anything Costa doesn't. But as a back-up there's been worse, and unlike before, I do think he'd get flukey goals against top teams this time around.

23 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Please, watch the full match against Arsenal again and don't tell me we could've won that 6-1 if it wasn't for Diego not giving the ball to the other players. 

One game.....one fucking game. He has passed when he could have shot many times this season. Please stop talking.

9 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

He was bad against Arsenal, nobody is arguing against that. One game. And it's better to have a selfish striker on high confidence rather than a donkey like Torres who was lauded for his assisting but couldn't score to save his life. All the best strikers are selfish bastards, for a skillful finisher it's more positive than negative.

If Costa leaves and we continue with this one up front set up, the man for me would be Lukaku. The debate about hold up play and Lukaku doesn't stand ground with me because it doesn't exactly stick like glue to Costa either, Costa is much more the complete player and I honestly believe Lukaku can go onto be anything he wants, and under Conte if he arrives here could be a scary thought. Playing one top up requires a number of qualities, there is no reason to cast aside Lukaku because he is still learning, but for me he's at a great level right now and I think he deserves a much bigger club and challenge.

10 hours ago, Polo7 said:

One game.....one fucking game. He has passed when he could have shot many times this season. Please stop talking.

Mate you clearly don't watch him play yourself as when the guy tries to dribble to the goal, he always fails horribly. There have been many moments in different games where he could easily pass the ball to the surrounding players but no Diego channels his inner Messi and thinks he can pass through 2/3 defenders. He has no vision. There has only been one time this season where he did it right and that was the pass to Willian against City that resulted in the 1-2.

Not saying Lukaku has more vision as that guy can be a big donkey as well but if he leaves, Lukaku is our best shot. Don't understand what Conte sees in Morata. 

I'm not really a Lukaku fan, but I would have him back just because there are very few capable CFs out there in the world, Lukaku's still young and he knows how to play well enough in the PL.

I doubt Diego is staying. Anyway, I find it difficult to trust Diego at all. Lukaku would be 100% committed to our club.

8 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Mate you clearly don't watch him play yourself as when the guy tries to dribble to the goal, he always fails horribly. There have been many moments in different games where he could easily pass the ball to the surrounding players but no Diego channels his inner Messi and thinks he can pass through 2/3 defenders. He has no vision. There has only been one time this season where he did it right and that was the pass to Willian against City that resulted in the 1-2.

Not saying Lukaku has more vision as that guy can be a big donkey as well but if he leaves, Lukaku is our best shot. Don't understand what Conte sees in Morata. 

15 goals and 5 assists.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/24248/Show/Diego-Costa

strengths include key passes. Don't embarrass yourself anymore.

56 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

He's a great finisher but he has 0 vision.

Plonker. 

0 vision? Second highest no. of assists at Chelsea this season. Lol you are a laughing stock mate. Come at me with facts, not mindless bullshit because you watched one game.

22 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

0 vision? Second highest no. of assists at Chelsea this season. Lol you are a laughing stock mate. Come at me with facts, not mindless bullshit because you watched one game.

Vision /= amount of assists. Any dunce can make a layback pass inside the box. Your 'facts' are incredibly weak without context. To put this into perspective, Iniesta has an equal amount of assists as Diego Costa. Would you rank their passing vision as equal? We won't even scratch the debate of how asinine assists are recorded in the world of football.

If we actually examine the empirical evidence, it will show that Costa's assists are nothing particularly impressive. 

1. Header at goal which led to a John Terry tap in.

2. Layback pass to Oscar.

3. Botched volley that led to Gary Cahill's volley.

4. Clumsy ball retention that led to Eden Hazard picking up the ball for a solo effort. 

1. Lateral across the box pass to Willian which led to a blooter.

2. Sideways pass twenty yards from the box which led to a blooter.

3. Sideway pass thirty yards from the box which led to an Eden Hazard blooter.

4, Low cross across the goal to Victor Moses.

5. Breakaway pass to Wililan which led to a blooter.

So from these two season you can see the evidence that Costa's vision is nothing extraordinary. The breakaway pass to Willian and the low cross to Moses are easily the stand-outs amongst a lot of individual skill from other players. 

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Vision /= amount of assists. Any dunce can make a layback pass inside the box. Your 'facts' are incredibly weak without context. To put this into perspective, Iniesta has an equal amount of assists as Diego Costa. Would you rank their passing vision as equal? We won't even scratch the debate of how asinine assists are recorded in the world of football.

If we actually examine the empirical evidence, it will show that Costa's assists are nothing particularly impressive. 

1. Header at goal which led to a John Terry tap in.

2. Layback pass to Oscar.

3. Botched volley that led to Gary Cahill's volley.

4. Clumsy ball retention that led to Eden Hazard picking up the ball for a solo effort. 

1. Lateral across the box pass to Willian which led to a blooter.

2. Sideways pass twenty yards from the box which led to a blooter.

3. Sideway pass thirty yards from the box which led to an Eden Hazard blooter.

4, Low cross across the goal to Victor Moses.

5. Breakaway pass to Wililan which led to a blooter.

So from these two season you can see the evidence that Costa's vision is nothing extraordinary. The breakaway pass to Willian and the low cross to Moses are easily the stand-outs amongst a lot of individual skill from other players. 

At no point did I say costa has amazing vision. To say he has no vision and always loses the ball when dribbling is just nonsense. He had a bad game against Arsenal yes but he has won us many many points this season. Some of those goals included a bit of dribbling and passing(especially with hazard).

1 hour ago, Polo7 said:

At no point did I say costa has amazing vision. To say he has no vision and always loses the ball when dribbling is just nonsense. He had a bad game against Arsenal yes but he has won us many many points this season. Some of those goals included a bit of dribbling and passing(especially with hazard).

I didn't say that you said that Costa has amazing vision. You based the entirety of your claims on the fact the having assists is equitable to having 'vision' (a arbitrary attribute without any real basis of definition). If I were to suppose that 'vision', 'assists' and 'playmaking' are all synonymous, the evidence I posted from the video is enough to suggest that Costa does indeed have little to no 'vision'. His passes were simple and more often than not either; luck or entirely determinate on the skill of the goal-scorer.